COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
"Tougher restrictions would include a 22 bullet to anyone lining up to go to a pub... this "I can't wait for this to be over" shit has ended.... The new reality is here... God damn it, I aged up with the Grim Reaper bowling the fwark out of people with aids.... THIS IS WORSE!!! I don't get to fwark you and get a disease that fwarks me... You cough/sneeze... thanks a fucking lot... I'm fwarked for life with lung scarring and blood clots...... AHGHHHHHH "

Just posted this on Kuntbook....

Yeah but I don't like to wash my hands and I don't feel sick so why should I cover my face when I sneeze?

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I aged up with the Grim Reaper bowling the fwark out of people with aids.... THIS IS WORSE!!!
Side point, my dad did a stint for a while being an extra in the 80’s and got a gig doing those. He died a few times at the hands of a bowling ball just dressed in different kit and was a reaper in one of them.
We don’t talk anymore, nothing to do with killing folks on tv though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
The more I think on it, the more I believe this is, and always was, the plan. A bit hard to sell to the people you are intentionally killing, so best to not come right out with it.

UK and Europe will be there too. I will be perfectly happy to keep a little Oz NZ bubble, but you know the greedy fudgers will be champing at the bit to get all those poms and seppo's over here.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk
I know it was the case in the UK to go down the herd immunity path until it all started going pear shaped and it was looking like their hospital system wasn't going to cope.

I wonder then, if your immune system response decreases over time after being infected and you can catch it twice, if a vaccine would even then be viable.
It's looking like an annual booster for everyone would be on the cards.
Sounds like this will be around with us for a very long time.

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
The baconated one has been listening to TWiV in the lab, and Antibody Dependant Enhancement (ADE) has been mentioned a few times.... This "might" be a problem with vaccination against corona viruses..... (wikipedia link). Many problems with this shte disease stem from clotting issues/ cytokine storms (well, over reactions) jeebuz, we're screwed..... If... if... (yeah, if - there's never been a vaccine for corona viruses that has worked) we get a vaccine and it doesn't work real well.... expect there to be ADE when people get reinfected... and then the anti vaxxers will hang on this... Hey, Elon.... We'll do almost anything for a ticket on the next ship off this dirt ball... don't care where its going... just want off

The meat sock worked in Vaccine development for animals many years ago, and the technology has advanced a long way..... but, when SARS1 came and went (it was good, just killed a little bit too quickly) and humanity failed to persue any scientific advances against Corona viruses at that point.... We [ well, you - the pigs not a willing participant in humanity ] set ourselves up for this... and humanity hasn't stoped AIDS (yes, it can be controlled - but it is still spreading well)

Yeah, we're forked... and the pig is being optomistic about it all

S

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
So it's looking like we won't see an immunisation jab like you'd get for polio or small pox then @Kerplunk?

More like an annual flu & 'rona shot perhaps, with the vulnerable succumbing to either each year. Maybe development of more effective treatments for the sick to reduce disease severity and long term damage maybe?

Think the Spanked Ham might be right in that case.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So it's looking like we won't see an immunisation jab like you'd get for polio or small pox then @Kerplunk?

More like an annual flu & 'rona shot perhaps, with the vulnerable succumbing to either each year. Maybe development of more effective treatments for the sick to reduce disease severity and long term damage maybe?

Think the Spanked Ham might be right in that case.
From the info out atm it seems like it will be similar to the annual flu shot.. Top up every year, still got to invent it though..
The swiss along with sweden are looking a T cell immunity/treatment which might work too..
I think the most likely outcome is what spanky mentioned re hiv..

Btw Hope your premier shuts your border with NSW asap. It’s all looking very ground hog day what’s happening in SW Sydney..

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sure does...and rather than taking decisive action we are just ever so gradually winding things back. Just a little bit. Wouldn't want to upset the corporations!

Reactions: dh1

Nambra

From the info out atm it seems like it will be similar to the annual flu shot.. Top up every year, still got to invent it though..
The swiss along with sweden are looking a T cell immunity/treatment which might work too..
I think the most likely outcome is what spanky mentioned re hiv..

Btw Hope your premier shuts your border with NSW asap. It’s all looking very ground hog day what’s happening in SW Sydney..
Qld Premier has declared Liverpool and Cambelltown hotspots today - consider yourself a Victorian if you're from there and want to come to Qld now. Also, the Qld govt is going to pass laws to enforce 6 months' jail for anyone lying about their movements when trying to cross border after those 6 clowns in the minivan tried to bullshit their way in on the weekend. It's not just 14-days mandatory isolation anymore, it's 180 days in the slammer with Bubba!

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just got mail from a client i used to go to regularly. someone at another company in a 40 story sydney CBD office block was confirmed positive, all plans to start to return to the office this month are on hold. once that pub got beyond a handful of cases it was always going to spread fast and wide.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
6 fined $4000 each.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07...-24k-for-lying-on-border-declaration/12448546

And if $4000 deterrent is not enough. 6 months in prison is on the cards.

The Queensland Government will pass new laws to enforce a six-month jail term for the offence of breaching a public health declaration.

"Perhaps people from other states think they might get away without having to pay for it, perhaps people think that $4,000 is worth it to come to Queensland," Mr Miles said.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-14/coronavirus-queensland-hotspots-declared-nsw/12445814

Nambra

You’ll like this @Kerplunk - seems there’s some desire amongst the medical advisers at least, to consider changing to an elimination strategy.

ozzybmx

You’ll like this @Kerplunk - seems there’s some desire amongst the medical advisers at least, to consider changing to an elimination strategy.
Feasible to achieve ? They have always wanted to get to the elimination stage, suppression was more achievable and selling it to the nation was easier.

There's no doubt every State and Aus as a whole wants elimination with only suppressing for quarantined incoming residents.

The only one with the balls to come forward and say they wanted complete elimination is from NZ and doesn't even have a set.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt

I watched that last night, the melb guy with the kiwi accent has pushed elimination from the start. He’s good value.. The vic cho has said openly he wanted elimination as a health professional, but the fed gov had to balance in the economic damage..
Unfortunately I think the cat is out of the bag on the strategy for a while. I fear the vested interests (clubs) in NSW will fight any lockdowns hard and it will go to absolute shit..

Nambra

I watched that last night, the melb guy with the kiwi accent has pushed elimination from the start. He’s good value.. The vic cho has said openly he wanted elimination as a health professional, but the fed gov had to balance in the economic damage..
Unfortunately I think the cat is out of the bag on the strategy for a while. I fear the vested interests (clubs) in NSW will fight any lockdowns hard and it will go to absolute shit..
I agree - unless the VIC outbreak can be contained and the other states stay on top of any imported cases in the meantime, we can't even think about anything other than suppression in VIC and NSW for now. I wonder what the economic cost of the current 6-week Melbourne lockdown will be for the state, and the cost of the next outbreak elsewhere, and so on. NZ locked down for 6 weeks didn't they? Once only. It has to be the best way to go economically, particularly when it's looking like there will be no magic cure for the foreseeable future.

I don't think Gladys will be intimidated by anyone - she seems well aware that it's a lot more serious now that we're dealing with community transmission instead of cases among returning travellers in quarantine. She was critical of Paluszczuk for keeping the QLD border closed but had no qualms backflipping and doing the same herself with the NSW/VIC border when the faeces flew from the fan. I wouldn't be surprised if the WA, SA, QLD, TAS, ACT & NT Premiers and Chief Ministers back the VIC CHO at the National Cabinet, to consider an elimination strategy as the best way to reduce the economic impact. Scomo & co can't make any real decisions on duration and scale of recovery and support packages while there's the ever-present risk of an outbreak and further lockdowns at any time. No doubt Andrews will also be listening to his CHO too; he will not want to be on the TV again in 2 months explaining how another outbreak amongst corrections and ex-airline staff slipped through the cracks. It would probably cost him his job. He looks pretty worn out at the moment - I hope people are asking if he's ok.

ozzybmx

He looks pretty worn out at the moment - I hope people are asking if he's ok.
Oath ! He looks f$%#ed.

The bloke is the same age as me... don't reckon anyone would like to be in his shoes at the moment.

The other Premiers are closing out Vic/NSW/ACT and hoping for the best, he gets to announce bad news and another 270 cases today.

The 'how they spent their Saturday nights' photo... some are whinging about having to go back to work, rather than snagging $1500 job keeper, these blokes are 24/7 in the shit limelight. A couple of hours at the footy and I'm sure half of that was still with work in mind.

Not a glamorous position when shit is going wrong.

Get that beer down ya neck Scomo !

Nambra

Scomo's earnt some downtime and a couple of schooners I reckon. Everything ending in an 'a' has turned to shit for him at the moment - Corona, China, Cronulla, Victoria...