COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I'm sure there's a lesson to be learned here, but I can't work out what it is.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk
It will be interesting to see if the US manage to obtain herd immunity over the next few months.
I don't think it's planned, but it may happen down to sheer mismanagement.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
It will be interesting to see if the US manage to obtain herd immunity over the next few months.
I don't think it's planned, but it may happen down to sheer mismanagement.
The more I think on it, the more I believe this is, and always was, the plan. A bit hard to sell to the people you are intentionally killing, so best to not come right out with it.

UK and Europe will be there too. I will be perfectly happy to keep a little Oz NZ bubble, but you know the greedy fudgers will be champing at the bit to get all those poms and seppo's over here.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Done the numbers on the percentage of the population that needs to experience COVID19 to achieve population herd immunity?

And also, is there any evidence that experiencing COVID19 once provides immunity to further infection?

From what I've read, the answer to #1 is "holy shit, that's a lot of pain to go through!" and #2 is "nope".

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Done the numbers on the percentage of the population that needs to experience COVID19 to achieve population herd immunity?

And also, is there any evidence that experiencing COVID19 once provides immunity to further infection?

From what I've read, the answer to #1 is "holy shit, that's a lot of pain to go through!" and #2 is "nope".
There are also some concerning findings emerging relating to ongoing medical conditions after "recovery"

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This -

Explains this -

I'm sure there's a lesson to be learned here, but I can't work out what it is.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
More on the herd immunity thing and not some quack job making it up;

On a positive note T-cell response may provide a path to some sort of immunity;

^Not peer reviewed yet but interesting none the less..

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
"Tougher restrictions would include a 22 bullet to anyone lining up to go to a pub... this "I can't wait for this to be over" shit has ended.... The new reality is here... God damn it, I aged up with the Grim Reaper bowling the fwark out of people with aids.... THIS IS WORSE!!! I don't get to fwark you and get a disease that fwarks me... You cough/sneeze... thanks a fucking lot... I'm fwarked for life with lung scarring and blood clots...... AHGHHHHHH "

Just posted this on Kuntbook....