COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The last 2 days have been pretty busy in the cafe. Given we are bordered by 2 potential hot spots I've taken a more assertive approach to the hand sanitiser. We have 3 stations of it set up and more signs than you should need, still most people avoid using the stuff. For the last 2 days all my customer interactions have begun with directing the customers to use the hand sanitiser.

Can we get some coffee please?

Yes you can, but you will need to use this hand sanitiser and sign our register first.

I am still surprised that many people don't want clean hands.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
The last 2 days have been pretty busy in the cafe. Given we are bordered by 2 potential hot spots I've taken a more assertive approach to the hand sanitiser. We have 3 stations of it set up and more signs than you should need, still most people avoid using the stuff. For the last 2 days all my customer interactions have begun with directing the customers to use the hand sanitiser.

Can we get some coffee please?

Yes you can, but you will need to use this hand sanitiser and sign our register first.

I am still surprised that many people don't want clean hands.
Tasty stuff that sanitiser...

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sadly its beyond the control of the ones doing the right thing.
Nearly all transmission in vic is within essential workers that wouldn’t be affected by harder stage 4 restrictions.. I wonder when this whole idea of people doing the wrong thing causing transmission will just fuck off.. You don’t hear the same thing about NSW cases..

Last edited:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Nearly all transmission in vic is within essential workers that wouldn’t be affected by harder stage 4 restrictions.. I wonder when this whole idea of people doing the wrong thing causing transmission will just fuck off.. You don’t hear the same thing about NSW cases..
A massive amount haven't been laying low when sick or between testing and getting results, and the initial re-spread came from basically the same thing. I dont think we can rule out people doing the wrong thing being a transmission factor

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A massive amount haven't been laying low when sick or between testing and getting results, and the initial re-spread came from basically the same thing.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
And we know the reasons for that, labor hire/casual workers with no benefits.. Exact same thing happens in the other states, it’s not unique to melb.. Going to the pub with 600 other people arm in arm is wrong, working while mildy ill or waiting for a test when living week to week aren’t the same things..
What clearly is different in melb is the how the dhhs ,contract tracing and hotel quarantine is run compared to NSW..

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The qr scan has become the norm here in the last couple of days. I scanned into 3 places last night. Someone somewhere is loading up on a lot of personal data!. We still use the pens...clean jar + dirty jar, clearly labelled. That doesn't stop people from grabbing dirty pens or putting their used pens on the counter. We clean the pens regularly but I'd much rather a digital solution. Even just a "text your details to this number..." Would be better.

danncam

Likes Dirt
I have a bit of a bugbear about the lack of discussion on covid rates per population. Sorry if you live down Colac way, but my basic epidemiology gives your LGA (Local Government Area) second place now. Dande has managed to get past Casey (I have been worried about Dande for a while), and even litle Horsham manages to squeeze into the top 20. Looking at the data per 100 is surely an important thing to discuss, I'd be locking down Colac hard.