COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
With respect no it isn’t entirely on people doing the wrong thing. I know of people who caught it while doing everything right.. As shit as it is to admit there his structural failures within the management of contract tracing and within the dhhs/quarantine.. There has been poor communication of when you should or shouldn’t have isolated and very little info for migrant communties. Remember when the health minister was telling people to get tested just for the sake of it, at the same time they weren’t telling people to isolate until test results come in.. wtf..
Have a look at the info nsw health are sending out.. Every day bang on 11am the data comes out, every suburb is named and were each confirmed case has traveled to.. In Vic they cobble together the data sometime in the morning, release it when they can get there shit sorted and then there is virtually no info where the cases are coming from.. I clearly remember early on Brett Sutton posting the link to the LGA case numbers data and saying it has been very hard to get up.. That sort of stuff shouldn’t be hard.. I’m not blaming the individuals working their arses off trying their best but something is off in the health dept in Vic..
NSW has people spreading the virus but they aren’t bagged out as not following the rules, somehow it’s only Victorians doing the wrong thing.. It’s double standards and it’s a BS.. There is more at play..
Yeah...you got Kenneted.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For fuck sake stop banging on about how Victoria is being treated badly. No one cares.

Each state has to work with what it has and get any outbreaks under control.

Given that it appears that many people are asymptomatic and that everyone is contagious before symptoms appear and how infectious this thing is it is damned hard to control. We just need to work on social distancing and being aware of basic hygiene, just like we were at the outset. We are all seeing attitudes getting more careless and cavalier and that will give the virus all it needs to keep spreading. As a whole we need to be mindful of that and take steps to minimise transmission.
Whatever mate thats not what i’m saying, your last para sums up what I have been saying for yonks but feel free to tee off from 1500km away..

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Whatever mate thats not what i’m saying, your last para sums up what I have been saying for yonks but feel free to tee off from 1500km away..
Too right. No-one should have an opinion on COVID19 unless they are on life support in the ICU.

Fuck these opinions, man!

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I got tested in that initial push with nil symptoms, was told to isolate
Got a cold down the track, got tested and was told to isolate till I had results. isolated a few days more till after I stopped spluttering because not passing it onnis the right thing to do.

I get that some of the messages have been less than clear, especially when we've had a difference of opinions between federal and state leaders. But at the end of the day when stage 3 came down, we were told to keep away from anyone other than who we lived with. seemed pretty clear to me but people didn't get it and actively played the opposite (to the point of getting up in people's personal space when they're clearly uncomfortable, seen it first hand).

We were told we need to do a thing in order for another thing to not happen and we didn't do the thing and now the other thing is a thing. Disorganised stats or not, I still reckon that's on us.

At the end of the day, we're all looking for the same outcome regardless of the position on politics or severity of the virus. Do as you're told, use your brain, and we can look at maybe doing the things we enjoy again. Fuck I miss riding

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I get that some of the messages have been less than clear, especially when we've had a difference of opinions between federal and state leaders. But at the end of the day when stage 3 came down, we were told to keep away from anyone other than who we lived with. seemed pretty clear to me but people didn't get it and actively played the opposite (to the point of getting up in people's personal space when they're clearly uncomfortable, seen it first hand).

Atm the cho said virtually all cases are within essential workers and their families hence why there is no stage 4. It’s not been spread at the barber or the takeaway food/coffee shop, on site/trades or people exercising..
While people are definitely flouting the rules and being complete wankers re public social distancing that does not seem to be the main path of transmission.. It’s like soley blaming the black lives matter rally for the second wave..

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Too right. No-one should have an opinion on COVID19 unless they are on life support in the ICU.

Fuck these opinions, man!
We ain’t just talking about covid in general, we are talking about how is covid spreading specifically in Melb. So as someone who actually lives in Melb right amongst it, in fkn lockdown, has family affected by it, I should bow to interstate opinion on what is going on here?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Atm the cho said virtually all cases are within essential workers and their families hence why there is no stage 4. It’s not been spread at the barber or the takeaway food/coffee shop, on site/trades or people exercising..
While people are definitely flouting the rules and being complete wankers re public social distancing that does not seem to be the main path of transmission.. It’s like soley blaming the black lives matter rally for the second wave..
And there lies the problem.

It’s workplaces with high head counts that cannot work from home. The ones left trading are critical, like manual food prep at meat works and distribution.

Shut down Woolworth’s 12 Victorian distribution centres and watch things so sideways mighty fast.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
My cousin arrived here at my place with her BF a few days ago, been in regional SA for 12 weeks, driving around with Vic plates, have been pulled over twice since arriving in Adelaide, bretho'd and questioned where they came from and where they are staying.
They are like WTF, I'm thinking, thats shit... but in SA defence, that's good !

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

Jpez

Down on the left!
is taking a 7hr / 142 km ride for the sole purposes of strava & social media whoring reasonable excercise?
....is it just me or is this seriously taking the piss?
I don’t see the the problem.
He’s ridden from his front door.
He hasn’t left the suburb.
He hasn’t loaded the car up and driven through different suburbs.
He hasn’t stopped for petrol and bought food and interacted with 20 people at the servo and Maccas.
He hasn’t stopped and talked shit with however many other riders at the trail car park.

Oddjob

We ain’t just talking about covid in general, we are talking about how is covid spreading specifically in Melb. So as someone who actually lives in Melb right amongst it, in fkn lockdown, has family affected by it, I should bow to interstate opinion on what is going on here?
Oh definitely. Now Mexicans can clearly see for themselves what the rest of us have always seen.

But Mexicans aren't the only annoying douches. https://amp.smh.com.au/politics/nsw...dney-coronavirus-cluster-20200725-p55fef.html

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
is taking a 7hr / 142 km ride for the sole purposes of strava & social media whoring reasonable excercise?
....is it just me or is this seriously taking the piss?
"Karening" appears to be taking off. there's people out karening their own suburbs too, there was a dude that did greensborough (?) took him 9+ hours and 3500 odd m of elevation i think.

i mean yeah, i think the entire idea behind it to take the piss :p
i'd be unconvinced that its any more dangerous than running at the local park with 300 others, and its within the rules right?
However you look at it, thats wayyyy too much work and i say no still.

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
Premier Daniel Andrews has urged residents to adopt a common-sense approach and not to try and "find ways around the rules".
"Day trips are not ona day trip is not the same as daily exercise," he said.
"If you want to go for a walk then you can go for a walk close to home.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07...allowed-in-melbourne-during-lockdown/12466512

i consider a 7hr ride a 'day trip/day out' even if he didnt leave the suburb....it certainly isnt 'daily exercise'.
for all the people that are making genuine sacrifices this really rubs shit into their efforts...

Oddjob

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07...allowed-in-melbourne-during-lockdown/12466512

i consider a 7hr ride a 'day trip/day out' even if he didnt leave the suburb....it certainly isnt 'daily exercise'.
for all the people that are making genuine sacrifices this really rubs shit into their efforts...
What's more important? Following what Dan Andrews says to the letter, or using your head to minimise risk?

Note: no one said anything about screwing people in quarantine.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don’t see the the problem.
He’s ridden from his front door.
He hasn’t left the suburb.
He hasn’t loaded the car up and driven through different suburbs.
He hasn’t stopped for petrol and bought food and interacted with 20 people at the servo and Maccas.
He hasn’t stopped and talked shit with however many other riders at the trail car park.
He had 2 and half hours worth of breaks. We have no idea what he did in those times. Did he use public bathrooms? Refill water? Order a takeaway lunch and coffee while sweating and panting and then sit on a park bench with others around?
It's entirely plausible that he had far more public interaction than 'Brighton Karen' (can't believe we have to specify which bloody Karen we are talking about) did when she drove to The Tan and then drove home.

I mean we're basically back to the 'can you drive to mtb destination X?' at this point, but the whole 'do the right thing' doesn't work when everyone's definition of the right thing, especially when it's as amorphous as 'social distancing', is so different.
If the above Karen had of driven to Chadstone, met up with a friend, shopped for 2 hours, grabbed lunch and then driven home no-one would have cared and we wouldn't know she exists. Go for a walk outside your suburb and your PE#1