COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

moorey

call me Mia
OK, so, the old fella that raised all that money in England. He had pneumonia for 2 weeks before catching covid, dies from pneumonia (apparently) and the official cause of death is covid. Very weird.

Seems that in the UK if you die within 28 days of a positive test that is the official cause if death.
Don't think I disbelieve that covid exists but obviously the figures are bring fudged.

On another point completely, how the fuck don't people enjoy Perth, it's a great town except for the Victorians , probably about 50 percent population
You don’t THINK you disbelieve COVID exists? Really?

slowmick

38-39"
OK, so, the old fella that raised all that money in England. He had pneumonia for 2 weeks before catching covid, dies from pneumonia (apparently) and the official cause of death is covid. Very weird.

Seems that in the UK if you die within 28 days of a positive test that is the official cause if death.
Don't think I disbelieve that covid exists but obviously the figures are bring fudged.
The new reports have been very careful to say that he died "with Covid". He had been receiving treatment for prostate and skin cancer for the last five years and had been getting treated for pneumonia.

There are wide spread reports that they have been fudging the figures to show COVID deaths but i don't think Sir Tom will be one of them.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I have weekly arguments with members of my family who worship at the altar of Team Scomo and think he's doing a wonderful job. My retort is "okay if I spend the week doing fuck all at work and taking credit for everyone else's slog does that make me wonderful?" Topic of conversation gets changed after for some reason.

There needs to be national leadership here, not the Trumpian bullshit of "use work it out for yourselves" that ScoMo is addicted to.

Still reckon the Victorian approach of targeted restrictions rather than full lockdowns is the way to go... for now. We'll be right. Despite ScoMo.
and despite Quarantine being a FEDERAL responsibility.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Fucking tennis. Fuck you Bjorn Borg.
Fuck sake, was never going to end well.

Victoria will return to harsher COVID-19 restrictions and up to 600 Australian Open players, officials and support staff have been told to isolate and get tested after a hotel quarantine worker tested positive to coronavirus on Wednesday. All tennis matches at Melbourne Park today have been called off.

moorey

call me Mia
You need to check your sources old bean. I’m also going to be pedantic here, but if you ‘don’t think you disbelieve it’, you DO disbelieve it, by definition. Believe what you want, but base it on facts and evidence, not on what people say to try to discredit the whole thing.
We had a deliberately lit fire at Mt Buninyong here a few months ago. We’ve had more than our share of major fires in the last few years. This was lit, because the person thought the communications tower was a 5g tower, and they believed it caused COVID based on their FB feed.

moorey

call me Mia
Agree in general but I think you misread @safreek's post... "Don't think I disbelieve" as in "please don't think" rather than "I don't think".
Disagreed with all due respect. His comment clearly says he does doubt COVID and numbers. Which he’s entitled to. I’m just saying that if you don’t think you disbelieve, you disbelieve. Semantics.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Hows the lockdown vs fires going? People still panicking in the shops etc?

How so?
Lockdown is fine. I went to the shops Tuesday night and it was fairly quiet and the shops had everything I needed. Been quite relaxing just chilling with the kids to be honest (off work anyway at the moment).

Fire is a shit show. It was snowing ash at our place which was 50+km from the closest front. Winds were bloody strong last night unfortunately. Got a few close friends out that way so hoping it comes under control soon.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
We had a deliberately lit fire at Mt Buninyong here a few months ago. We’ve had more than our share of major fires in the last few years. This was lit, because the person thought the communications tower was a 5g tower, and they believed it caused COVID based on their FB feed.
For
Fucks
Sake

Hopefully with the behemoth social media giants finally lumbering into action against the misinformation they've happily allowed to multiply across their platforms for years this kind of shit will dissipate.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
For
Fucks
Sake

Hopefully with the behemoth social media giants finally lumbering into action against the misinformation they've happily allowed to multiply across their platforms for years this kind of shit will dissipate.
Free speech does not take into account how much of that is intelligent free speech. Social media is just a free for all any difficult for them police I guess as 'someone' will blame them for having some sort of hidden agenda that sinks their valued opinion.

Social media should be left to influencers hawking beauty products in exotic locations. We can all safely turn off from that one and make the world a better place.

Computers have made people stupider overall which probably wasn't the idea first up.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
They must be onto something big, how many Covid cases have there been in Buninyong without 5G? :rolleyes:

safreek

You don’t THINK you disbelieve COVID exists? Really?
Well Said
Agree in general but I think you misread @safreek's post... "Don't think I disbelieve" as in "please don't think" rather than "I don't think".
you are correct, I don't understand how " don't think I disbelieve " has become "You don’t THINK you disbelieve COVID exists? Really?".
Well done again on intentionally misquoting me again

Last edited: