COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

safreek

Disagreed with all due respect. His comment clearly says he does doubt COVID and numbers. Which he’s entitled to. I’m just saying that if you don’t think you disbelieve, you disbelieve. Semantics.
Totally disagree with your reading of what I said. You seem to be the only one reading it that way, others would of piled on otherwise.
A lot of the time I can see how you misinterpret what I say, not this time though.

safreek

The new reports have been very careful to say that he died "with Covid". He had been receiving treatment for prostate and skin cancer for the last five years and had been getting treated for pneumonia.

There are wide spread reports that they have been fudging the figures to show COVID deaths but i don't think Sir Tom will be one of them.
Cool, initially they said pneumonia, then the last I heard they were saying covid. This is the sort of misinformation that scares people, bit like moorey always intentionally misquoting what I say :eek:

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Cool, initially they said pneumonia, then the last I heard they were saying covid. This is the sort of misinformation that scares people, bit like moorey always intentionally misquoting what I say :eek:
To be fair, pneumonia is what gets a lot of people who have COVID. It's like how some countries are reviewing past mortalities because they believe the old rona may have been circulating a little earlier than they officially believed (e.g. Italy had a spike in pneumonia deaths in Nov-Dec 2019 which they now think may have had a covid influence).

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Cool, initially they said pneumonia, then the last I heard they were saying covid. This is the sort of misinformation that scares people
Yeah as per @Asininedrivel I think you need to be careful equating "this is a novel virus we don't 100% understand" with "misinformation".

Illnesses and deaths don't happen in perfect isolation. People who get HIV-AIDS mostly don't die from it directly, they die from pneumonia or some other virus/disease they contract as a result of a severely depleted immune system.

Especially in the midst of a raging pandemic it's extremely hard to diagnose exactly which illness caused the death. It's clear though that there have been massive spikes in death rates across the world far beyond what's considered normal, and that's attributable to people who've been infected with COVID. They're not chalking up people who got hit by cars while suffering a mild COVID case as COVID deaths, they're conservatively attributing deaths to COVID where its clear or at least most likely that it had a role in accelerating the person's demise.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
On another point completely, how the fuck don't people enjoy Perth, it's a great town except for the Victorians , probably about 50 percent population
Those drugs have really fucked up your brain dude.

A 26yr old Hotel Quarantine worker tested positive after being tested negative after their shift, and has been out and about living their life... They are expecting many cases after all the places he's been and the amount of close contacts he has....
Ahhhhhh yes, I have heard of this across the news today, but being on commercial radio I only got the headline sound grab. I think the tennis was mentioned as well?

Lockdown is fine. I went to the shops Tuesday night and it was fairly quiet and the shops had everything I needed. Been quite relaxing just chilling with the kids to be honest (off work anyway at the moment).

Fire is a shit show. It was snowing ash at our place which was 50+km from the closest front. Winds were bloody strong last night unfortunately. Got a few close friends out that way so hoping it comes under control soon.
Yeah I saw my old 'hood was getting a bit close to the red zone!

Ash everywhere sucks arse. The 19/20 fires over here filled my house with ash and fucked everything up real good. I'd go out at night and come back to my bike covered in ash.

safreek

My point was really that he had pneumonia before covid, allegedly 2 weeks before. I am guessing that at 100 he probably wouldn't survive after 2 weeks of pneumonia. Covid probably had nothing to do with his death.
The media keep mentioning covid with him, false news

safreek

To be fair, pneumonia is what gets a lot of people who have COVID. It's like how some countries are reviewing past mortalities because they believe the old rona may have been circulating a little earlier than they officially believed (e.g. Italy had a spike in pneumonia deaths in Nov-Dec 2019 which they now think may have had a covid influence).
So it's not a china virus but an Italian virus. But seriously some of them may have been the old Rona, I am commenting on one specific case that appears to be dodgy reporting to cause fear.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Captain Sir Tom has been elevated to a hero that the UK needs at this time. He walked 100 laps of his home during the last lockdown to raise £1000 for the NHS, he raised nearly £40 million.

Already a war hero, he was doing something again that the public liked and gave them a sense of hope.

He was Knighted and promoted to honorary Colonel, he received 200,000 cards on his 100th birthday.

He was not in good health and as stated, was hospitalised with pneumonia on NYE, the fact that he contracted CV-19 and it made his condition worse or that it may have got him in the end is irrelevant.

NHS England's chief nursing officer, Ruth May, said Captain Sir Tom was "the model of all that has been good about our country's response to COVID-19".

"People rightly marvel at the tens of millions of pounds Captain Sir Tom raised for the NHS," she tweeted.

"For me, his biggest achievement and most important contribution to helping my fellow nurses, doctors and all those in the NHS responding to coronavirus, has been how he brought the country together and gave us all a boost when we most needed it."

Britain's Parliament also paid tribute, with the House of Commons passing condolences to Captain Sir Tom's family, while flags flew at half mast at Downing Street.

The amount of friends of mine in N Ireland who have changed their profile picture to a picture of Sir Tom is staggering.

Its the one case of death by CV-19 that the diagnosis doesn't really matter, the fact he fought for Britain and fought to raise money for the fight against coronavirus has made him a national hero.

The fact he had contracted it in the end just adds to the extraordinary life of this gentleman.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How are the Gunjin/ Kalamunda trails looking with the fires @ashes_mtb ? Read about a fire at Mundaring and the mainstream media outlets are not reporting what I need to know

moorey

call me Mia
My point was really that he had pneumonia before covid, allegedly 2 weeks before. I am guessing that at 100 he probably wouldn't survive after 2 weeks of pneumonia. Covid probably had nothing to do with his death.
The media keep mentioning covid with him, false news
Citation needed please. Even you say ‘allegedly’

safreek

Not everyone likes City’s that are easy to get around, with perfect weather, beautiful beaches, and the countries finest mountain bikers. I get it completely.
Bloody strange people if they don't like Perth.
When I was there the party scene was outrageous, the girls were fantastic, the beaches were perfect. Only problem was that the real drugs were horribly expensive, but they were good. Allegedly

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
How are the Gunjin/ Kalamunda trails looking with the fires @ashes_mtb ? Read about a fire at Mundaring and the mainstream media outlets are not reporting what I need to know
It’s north of Mundaring so Kalamunda/Gungin and even the sacred Goat Farm are clear at this stage.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It’s north of Mundaring so Kalamunda/Gungin and even the sacred Goat Farm are clear at this stage.
I think some of the unsanctioned stuff around Bells rapids will have been burnt out but from what I can gather it was getting a bit overgrown so it might not be all bad.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not everyone likes City’s that are easy to get around, with perfect weather, beautiful beaches, and the countries finest mountain bikers. I get it completely.
Easy to get around? Perfect weather? LOL. Perth is terrible to get around (especially public transport) and has constant cunt wind...the wind that blows from whichever direction you're riding in.

As for your beaches I found them to be overrated and kind of dull, generally offering below average surf. The substring over the ocean is pretty though.

WA has some very pretty places. So does the rest of Australia.