COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Minlak

custom titis
Wife is.
They are all safe. A minor risk is implied, but still dwarfs the risk of Covid or an ongoing outbreak.
I forget the exact numbers out of the US, but around 10% of the population has now contracted Covid. A minuscule percentage has has a reaction to the vaccine and it’s gone out to about 1/2 the adult population.
I’m about to turn 50. I’ll take any one the offer me.
It appears current thinking is the co-morbidity factor of Covid 19 - the vast majority of deaths to Covid had had 1 or more co-morbidity factors. In QLD now anyone with a BMI of 35 or higher is now considered a priority vaccination.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Wife is.
They are all safe. A minor risk is implied, but still dwarfs the risk of Covid or an ongoing outbreak.
I forget the exact numbers out of the US, but around 10% of the population has now contracted Covid. A minuscule percentage has has a reaction to the vaccine and it’s gone out to about 1/2 the adult population.
I’m about to turn 50. I’ll take any one the offer me.
ADRs are one of the leading causes of morbidity and mortality in health care. The Institute of Medicine reported in January of 2000 that from 44,000 to 98,000 deaths occur annually from medical errors.1 Of this total, an estimated 7,000 deaths occur due to ADRs. To put this in perspective, consider that 6,000 Americans die each year from workplace injuries.

However, other studies conducted on hospitalized patient populations have placed much higher estimates on the overall incidence of serious ADRs. These studies estimate that 6.7% of hospitalized patients have a serious adverse drug reaction with a fatality rate of 0.32%.2 If these estimates are correct, then there are more than 2,216,000 serious ADRs in hospitalized patients, causing over 106,000 deaths annually.
**ADR= adverse drug reaction

So, AstraZenica covid vaccine seems quite safe in comparison.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I have the vaccine.
Aside from radiating 5G and turning all frogs within a 1km radius gay it’s been ok I guess.
No ill side effects and I got a day off work, 10/10 would vaccinate again.
Do you have a wifi password we can use when near you?:)
Also, did the frogs consent to your intimate attention? :eek:

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Do you have a wifi password we can use when near you?:)
Also, did the frogs consent to your intimate attention? :eek:
I secrete a fine mist of microbots that infect the frogs, and turn them. It has nothing to do with how I feel them.

No password for you, get your own 5G’s!

Flow-Rider

Burner
No different to anyone who caught covid. Some are suffering horrific consequences now, who knows what will develop.

Life...
Benefits out weight the consequences but if you're one of the unlucky ones it's goodbye to you Sir. I suppose they could have done more before they released the vaccine like in the way of triaging people, but already court cases in Europe around deaths. The COVID virus mutates so this might go on for years. If people done the right thing in the first place, we most likely wouldn't need the vaccine.

Flow-Rider

Burner
They are still seeking questions, but it's a bit odd that a few hours after the vaccine seemingly healthy people have carked it. If some countries have postponed use of the AstraZeneca vaccine, maybe it's not so good.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
From what I read, the chances of suffering from the blood clotting issue are very very small, but the mortality rate if it happens is 25%.

There's a lot riding on everybody getting vaccinated so it makes sense to make people feel that every care possible is being taken.

If the public lose confidence the whole thing is screwed.