COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Last edited:

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A lot of doomer shit going around that vaccines will cause nasty covid mutations that will become vax resistant..

First evidence in from the Uk and India shows delta mutations are actually suppressed by the vaccines..

More good news the vaccines work..

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Gladdy's hubris is astounding isn't it? Just flat out refuses to acknowledge maybe she could learn something from Dan or others.

Vic learned pretty quickly last year that constantly blasting people for non-compliance made zero fucking difference, because you don't get "that 1%" by putting more police on the streets. Instead, you build resentment because the 99% who are doing the right thing feel constantly belittled and patronised by the all-stick-no-carrot approach.

There will always be a "1%" (or other) who don't, won't, or can't comply for various reasons. You need to set it up so that the capacity for that inevitable non-compliance to fuck everything else up is minimised.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Gladdy's hubris is astounding isn't it? Just flat out refuses to acknowledge maybe she could learn something from Dan or others.
Scary thing is Glad bags and her faction are facing huge pressure to let it rip(ish) from within the party, according to leaks.. If she goes - from a party coup or from one if her massive conflict of interests, then I reckon Australia is going to find out very quickly what living with covid looks like..
Got to wonder how much worse it would have been if she wasn’t at the helm, she actually listens to Dr Chant. Brad Hazard comes across like he couldn’t give 2 fks if they just gave up..

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Scary thing is Glad bags and her faction are facing huge pressure to let it rip(ish) from within the party, according to leaks.. If she goes - from a party coup or from one if her massive conflict of interests, then I reckon Australia is going to find out very quickly what living with covid looks like..
Got to wonder how much worse it would have been if she wasn’t at the helm, she actually listens to Dr Chant. Brad Hazard comes across like he couldn’t give 2 fks if they just gave up..
NSW has plenty of bleach?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
It is tough situation for any premier. They can't keep everyone happy but the lockdown approach would have to favour health over profits. People would also spit blood if it was the other way around. I think they have all done as well as they can since it is a balance between case numbers, economic impact and freedom for the pitchfork waving plebbage.

NSW should have locked down earlier and harder but it is always easier to say it with hindsight with an invisible enemy.

The horse has bolted and not coming back. We will have to live with it. What seemed to work containing earlier variants doesn't apply to delta.
Seeing how hard it hit India then fully get why the governments are lockdown happy now.

PJO

in me vL comy
If they let it rip, you watch how quickly NSW natives will be ostracised by other states of Aus.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The biggest problem we’ve had in Australia is politicians not listening to medical advice. Gladys B is a famous example but so is this.
It’s a nonsensical kneejerk reaction that exists purely to suck up to scared idiot voters.
It’s ridiculous given the vaccination status and amount of testing done on these athletes and the fact that they’d be transferring straight from HQ to the airport. Fuck, do you think they’re all going to hit up the ‘Cross when they get out?
If you had been training for something for 4 years and it finally came and went, I think letting their hair down would be priority number 1.
Not saying they will be out and about doing it, but almost all returning athletes will be having a big block of partying to make up for the last few years of sacrifice.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Brad Hazard comes across like he couldn’t give 2 fks if they just gave up..
did you see him in the parliamentary inquiry? came across like an ass desperate to not let Chant say anything as it would expose how they ignored her health advice for political gain. he certainly cares about protecting himself from the consequences of his own behaviour. before that i though he was just an idiot, now i see him as an active threat to us all

Last edited:

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
NSW should have locked down earlier and harder but it is always easier to say it with hindsight with an invisible enemy.

The horse has bolted and not coming back. We will have to live with it. What seemed to work containing earlier variants doesn't apply to delta.
Seeing how hard it hit India then fully get why the governments are lockdown happy now.
Hindsight was the experiences of Victoria and QLD and every other COVID outbreak in the previous 14 months. There's no excuse for NSW and as for Delta somehow being uncontainable, that's bullshit. The NT and South Australia both contained their outbreaks. QLD and VIC have had successes in the past but unfortunately having an uncontrolled petri dish of a state bubbling away next door has meant that it's been a bit harder this time around.

This 'Delta is not containable' bollocks is a defeatist statement from slack cunts in NSW government (and the Murdoch press) who didn't have the backbone to fight it in the first place. If it was truly 'uncontainable' we'd have cases spilling out of Howard Springs daily*

*BTW the fact that we don't have continual leaks from Howard Springs is in fact a total mystery to me. It's no longer Federally run these days. Instead it's run by the cash-strapped NT government and it's mostly staffed by actual backpackers!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
If you had been training for something for 4 years and it finally came and went, I think letting their hair down would be priority number 1.
Not saying they will be out and about doing it, but almost all returning athletes will be having a big block of partying to make up for the last few years of sacrifice.
They tend to get that out of the way before they land

Olympics 2021: Rugby Australia investigating alleged bad behaviour on flight home from men’s sevens team, Olyroos involved (smh.com.au)