COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So it looks as though NSW is going full party mode from Monday, unless you want an abortion or are in a same sex relationship.
Will be an interesting thing to watch unfold.

The pile on for Dan Andrews will gain serious momentum, it certainly has among my work colleagues.

Think we still have more pain to come in Vic

moorey

call me Mia
The pile on for Dan Andrews will gain serious momentum, it certainly has among my work colleagues.
Not seeing it in my circle, outside the Murdoch press. People seem to have taken a side long ago. I’m actually seeing a few previous haters quieting down seeing he hasn’t ramped up lockdowns despite the climbing numbers.
That said, I’m living in a silo, having blocked or muted most of the cockwombles on FB that were giving me the shits.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Taking last years poor management out of the equation.

What would the pile on be in reference to?

The fact that Sydney is going full party mode as of Monday? It is well documented that Gladys got priority to as many vaccines as she wanted.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I’m actually seeing a few previous haters quieting down seeing he hasn’t ramped up lockdowns despite the climbing numbers.
I'm seeing anti-vaxxer numbers crumble anecdotally, a lot of stories of people just going "ah f*** it I'm swimming against the tide and it turns out my (stupid) beliefs aren't worth dying on a hill for."

Also those who remain are getting more shrill and desperate sounding which kinda proves they know they're losing.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I'm seeing anti-vaxxer numbers crumble anecdotally,
Let's be honest, it's not even anecdotal. We're above 80% first dose nationally and still climbing. All the BS about "30-40% vaccine hesitancy" that all our media pundits were hand-wringing over at the start of the year gave a lot more legitimacy and airtime to what in reality has only ever been a noisy fringe minority.

ualf

Likes Dirt
I think that as far as anyone who can but does not want to get vaccinated, most people are taking the attitude of wishing them the best of luck and hoping that they will not have to many regrets.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i was initially a not so happy with indoor pools not being open, my wife is a very keen swimmer and doing laps is surely at least as spaced as a 4sqm rule in a room full of spin bikes. then they said kids lessons are also starting. every kids lesson they are bunched up, 4 kids on the wall at the end of the lane, or the little step for the smaller ones as they listen to the teacher.

now with this lot I've got no faith at all that they are running with health guidelines, why the rush to move forward, why wasnt chant even present. the lack of faith isnt new but now these changes have me doubting anything they say as health advice. maybe i just take the kid for riding lessons once a week for a month instead?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Revenge...Murdoch media and the corrupt puppet masters can't let the NSW "cleanout" go unchecked. Dan and Annastacia are in for some rough media. She is apparently holding the nation to ransom for more money before opening up and he is a menacing dictator after all.

this guy comes across as some newly promoted junior manager. he did a 3 day management course and is going to revolutionise everything. and we'll all nod and ignore him until he gets over it and grows up a bit
I'd say more an arsehole that has been fine tuning his to do list and waiting for the right moment to seize control.

Let's be honest, it's not even anecdotal. We're above 80% first dose nationally and still climbing. All the BS about "30-40% vaccine hesitancy" that all our media pundits were hand-wringing over at the start of the year gave a lot more legitimacy and airtime to what in reality has only ever been a noisy fringe minority.
Locally I believe the rate is mid 50s %, through no fault of our own. Given a huge chunk of vaccines here were reallocated to Sydney we are miles behind. Come Monday and the open up regardless of reality policy and a recent picnic related surge because people have zero fucks for following the rules, things are going to get fucking hairy real fast next week!!!

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Taking last years poor management out of the equation.

The fact that Sydney is going full party mode as of Monday? It is well documented that Gladys got priority to as many vaccines as she wanted.
Not seeing it in my circle, outside the Murdoch press. People seem to have taken a side long ago. I’m actually seeing a few previous haters quieting down seeing he hasn’t ramped up lockdowns despite the climbing numbers.
That said, I’m living in a silo, having blocked or muted most of the cockwombles on FB that were giving me the shits.
My work colleagues are looking at it from the fomo angle.
Sydney are out, they are not - So that has to be Dan's fault.
(They are also coming from a position of privilege)

SummitFever

Eats Squid
...maybe i just take the kid for riding lessons once a week for a month instead?
I think it'll be a good idea to hold back on going bananas once "Freedom Day" arrives. The pollies are probably not fully taking health advice. After all, the hospitals and ambo services are already maxed out, so I don't think there'd be too many in health care that are keen to open up quicker.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I think it'll be a good idea to hold back on going bananas once "Freedom Day" arrives. The pollies are probably not fully taking health advice. After all, the hospitals and ambo services are already maxed out, so I don't think there'd be too many in health care that are keen to open up quicker.
The pollies are taking it personally, just not doing the same for the community.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
indeed the next few months risk will be around lack of health care capacity for the fully vaxxed attempting to return to normal. fall off the bike and break a leg, you're getting yourself to hospital, for a 10 hour wait.

moorey

call me Mia
indeed the next few months risk will be around lack of health care capacity for the fully vaxxed attempting to return to normal. fall off the bike and break a leg, you're getting yourself to hospital, for a 10 hour wait.
Yep. This is my overwhelming concern. People with other existing health issues, and new emergencies are the ones who will be the victims of the unvaccinated flogs taking up beds, taking up staff, and taking out frontline workers.

Minlak

custom titis

There was an ambulance rep on the radio the other day trying to explain slow response times to the community - They were explaining that when they take a patient to hospital they cannot leave until that patient is accepted by the hospital (Yeah we all know that but still) - And that the ambulances are not standing around chatting and have breaks there just is no ambulance to send as they are all in a que waiting to be able to drop the patient they already have off.

I don't actually know what people are expecting from their "Freedom" but increased infection rates will go hand in hand with this freedom.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Yep. One mate is central to the operations of a public hospital, other is a trainer for the ambulance service. both predicting dire outcomes.

down here in vic we call it "being ramped" when ambos are stuck waiting to hand over the patient.