COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
On an island. No habitation other than the work site / camp, so pretty much like being offshore.

We've actually just had one of our lads turned away from the airport who was due to fly up this morning. The company has been running temperature checks on all passengers flying up and he's apparently registered a bit high. He's been told to immediately report to a medical centre for further checks.
I dare say it's probably more to do with a few last drinks the night before but it shows how seriously they're treating it.
Could corona virus, headache, sick in the stomach, vomiting and diahorrea. Usually passes in 24 to 48 hours.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Heard some travellers were taking Panadol to bring their temperature down just in case they registered on the temperature scanners !!! Sensible not.

safreek

Hang on guys, we need to make dogs self quarantine themselves, we are fucked now, the dogs are out to get us.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Fake news or satire and sponsored by Slater and Gordon so they can chase the greyhound ambulance.
There have been reports for a few days about a dog that tested positive (low level reading) in Hong Kong. The dog's owner was infected. Hopefully the dog wasn't too traumatised by the poking and prodding it undoubtedly suffered.

stirk

Burner
yeah fuck me, Australians have just gone full retard.

Something less dangerous than the common cold and we run out of toilet paper of all things, I just give up.
We're having heaps of people over this weekend so I thought I better get some TP while I can. Luckily there were still about 10 x 12 roll packs left, strangely of the same brand, must be the expensive ones, my butts Gunna be happy!

Flour gone, except the expensive tip00 stuff.
Baked beans gone except a few of the really large tins and the disgusting ham flavour ones. Pasta section raided. Almost no little tins of tuna. Rice almost gone.

Everyone has gone crazy and the big winner is......the pantry moth.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
We're having heaps of people over this weekend so I thought I better get some TP while I can. Luckily there were still about 10 x 12 roll packs left, strangely of the same brand, must be the expensive ones, my butts Gunna be happy!

Baked beans gone except a few of the really large tins and the disgusting ham flavour ones. Pasta section raided. Almost no little tins of tuna. Rice almost gone.

Same around here. I went for a scout around the local supermarkets. Dry and tinned foods are gone. Toilet paper too. Fuckin' idiots.

Last edited:

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Just been to a shop down the road to buy a bag of rice as i ran out. The lady is almost out of rice and she said in the past few days, there have been many who came and left with 2-3 bags of 5-10 kg of rice or 1-2 bags of 25kg. Insane.... she said this never happened before.

Went to next door shop to buy some dry beans, again just because i ran out, and there aren't many left...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Perhaps there will be a glut on the market in a few months and those of us who are unprepared will prosper from low low prices!

binner

Hath shat hymself

no ones gone for the SPAM yet,,, i got all flavours ...bahhhhhhhhhhbahhhhhhhhh