COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
I'm going to need to start doing all my shits at work instead of a fifty/fifty split. Now where the fuck will I hide for twenty minutes of peace and quiet at home?

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
Take a roll of paper towels in. Everyone will think your tough. Iron sphincter milpool they’ll call you. Ol’ sphinctsy for short
Paper towel would be like a soothing aloe vera wet wipe compared to the back up single sheets we have at work. Those things are like using a 2015 vintage Coles shopping bag. It's halfway up your back before you get any traction.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Funnily enough, the people here aren't freaking out like you city slickers.
Loads of tp, loads of everything in the shops.
Yep I went to the country on the weeknd and got a couple of rides in, local supermarket - no freakout about toilet paper at all, back in Perth everyone obviously engages in way too much nutcase social media, not a roll to be seen!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I saw the news articles starting to come out late last week on ‘panic buying’ and knew that it would trigger the real thing. Made sure I had poo tickets on the shopping list for the Saturday shop to beat the rush. The shelves were completely normal, there was no rush on at all as of Saturday arvo.

What a difference a few news articles and social media can make over 3 days.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Who was it that said "control the media, control the world"?

EDIT: It was Jim Morrison and I got the quote wrong but the sentiment was there.

Last edited:

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
At what point do people think, you know what, I'm gonna panic buy a metric shit tonne of beans and toilet paper? Why? Are you planning on being a shut in for the next month or so? So no plans to go to work? Its all good, got a bunch of beans and TP, gonna seal up the house and hope and pray...

I don't get it. Most of the population will not die from this virus. You'll get a pretty nasty flu and feel like busted ass for a bit. And then the mainstream media will have a bit of a LOL with a few "how bout that coronavirus in early 2020?" articles, the general public will go back to working their asses off for fuck all, scrolling and hoping on social media and waiting for the next thing to get scared of.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
A couple of middle aged people with face masks just walked into ED, coughing and spluttering.

I think I heard Coronavirus mentioned.

What are the fucking chances of being in close proximity to the first cases in Cairns? Bollocks.

safreek

A couple of middle aged people with face masks just walked into ED, coughing and spluttering.

I think I heard Coronavirus mentioned.

What are the fucking chances of being in close proximity to the first cases in Cairns? Bollocks.
Close your eyes and hold your breath, problem solved :D

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
On the upside, retail trade figures are looking good this quarter. Scomo will probably take credit for it.

I'm going to need to start doing all my shits at work instead of a fifty/fifty split. Now where the fuck will I hide for twenty minutes of peace and quiet at home?
Shit at work as much as you can - you get paid to do them there.