COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I was just offered proof that Covid is both a conspiracy and a means of government control. He wouldn’t even write Covid, as it will flag him for identification and persecution.
If you didn’t know, it stands for:
Certificate
Of
Vaccination.
IDentification.

And once again, I’m reminded that if I read the real news, it’s only Vaccinated people clogging up the hospitals.

Now you know.
Because the antivaxxers are clogging the mortuaries?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Pharmacy Guild Australia president Trent Twomey said pharmacists across Queensland's tourist hotspots had all but sold out of rapid antigen tests and supply would be "very, very patchy" until bulk shipments from overseas arrived in mid to late January.

Emergency stockpiles stored by state and federal governments were not easily accessible either, he said, as they were in bulk packs suitable for use at airports or hospitals, and did not meet Therapeutic Goods Administration requirements for retail packaging.
"We're in this funny situation where our stockpiles have a lot of stock, both at a state and a national level, but we aren't able to draw down on those in pharmacies or supermarkets to sell to consumers," he said.

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
995... Rookie numbers, we're never gonna beat NSW or Vic at this rate... Get spreadin slackers

It is a competitive sport, the winning state gets to claim the prize of largest penis yet most impotent local gubberment in Aus.

A large tax payer funded statue will be erected....

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I’ve learned that there is a downside to living almost 2 years of a relatively safe, sanitised approach to viruses. When you do eventually catch one it fucking knocks you for six!

My Geneva Convention-defying germ warfare factory of a 3 year old niece has been running around for the last week and a half with a snotty nose and coughing openly on every surface. Sure enough I started to get cold symptoms last Monday that stayed all the way through till Christmas before kicking up a notch on Boxing Day. It’s proper man-flu!

I’ve been testing every day with Rapid Antigen Tests but have had no positive results so COVID can be ruled out. Everyone else in the household are used to catching bugs off her so only have mild symptoms. It’s been a right hassle and i can’t help but think that given the amount of daily COVID cases over here the good old traditional cold felt threatened enough to rebrand itself as a right arsehole of a bug.

On the plus side there’s no shortage of Hot Toddies to be had round here!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I’ve learned that there is a downside to living almost 2 years of a relatively safe, sanitised approach to viruses. When you do eventually catch one it fucking knocks you for six!

My Geneva Convention-defying germ warfare factory of a 3 year old niece has been running around for the last week and a half with a snotty nose and coughing openly on every surface. Sure enough I started to get cold symptoms last Monday that stayed all the way through till Christmas before kicking up a notch on Boxing Day. It’s proper man-flu!

I’ve been testing every day with Rapid Antigen Tests but have had no positive results so COVID can be ruled out. Everyone else in the household are used to catching bugs off her so only have mild symptoms. It’s been a right hassle and i can’t help but think that given the amount of daily COVID cases over here the good old traditional cold felt threatened enough to rebrand itself as a right arsehole of a bug.

On the plus side there’s no shortage of Hot Toddies to be had round here!
You should get your liver tested while you're at it.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
todays numbers are out - 11k for NSW and 3.7k for vic.

its ok though, were all considering allowing asymptomatic positive patients to only isolate for 5 days and wear a mask in public for the remaining 5.

I don't see out govts doing anything before the new year as plenty of businesses would have used the govts reassurances about opening over this period to stock up on supplies for NYE celebrations etc.

danncam

Likes Dirt
Wrap together the high numbers due it's infectivity and the numerous it's not that Dangerous a variant and I'm quietly increasingly confident that Omicron is the end game. Endemic is here and let's kick on, knees up new years and embrace it

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
If the decision to cut isolation for asymptomatic people is backed by an increasing number of relevant scientists and epidemiologists, then why wouldn’t we do it?

Or are we back to getting our medical advice from Facebook?

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
If the decision to cut isolation for asymptomatic people is backed by an increasing number of relevant scientists and epidemiologists, then why wouldn’t we do it?

Or are we back to getting our medical advice from Facebook?
ummm, what? Litterally never taken advice or taken anything ive reads on facebook as relevant to this or any other matter. While you've been away, here in Australia we've recently stopped applying the medical advice in full and are largely picking and choosing the bits that our political leaders feel best reflect a "balanced" approach. They get the advice, then don't listen to it. This couldn't be any clearer than from the from largley opposing positions Kerry Chant and Dominic Perrotet hold.

We also have the WHO (also not facebook news) who are warning about the overburdening of the hospital systems even with amilder disease. NSW doubled its hospitalisations from last week, but thats ok because "its not bad yet". Its like the threshold for doing anything is waiting untill it is actually bad. I remember something else along these lines, oh yeah, the vaccination stroll out.

As to why wouldn't we do it? because common sense to me says that if people are testing positive for a highly virulent disease, but they're asymptomatic, why would you risk allowing them to be out and further spreading? How many people will actually wear the mask or how will it even be policed? Many are going to treat it as if they dont have it. Sure the CDC are a reliable source for this sort of information, and we'll have to consider that in our national approach, but i suspect a lot of the advice we've chosen to implement is dependent on other precautions being in place som of our politicians (not chief medical officers) have felt is "not relevant for our demographic becaue of X". Its this approach of that gives me the biggest concern.

The fact that there isn't a grand unified global approach means that some of what were all doing is guess work based on what we do know, which is ever evolving.

reminds me of this

Last edited: