COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Not sure what you mean but I mean the raw stuff < $50/l. No idea what the end product costs to produce with taxes in the mix. I imagine with hand sanitsier if it was $50 a litre then about $35 worth would go into a litre of sanitiser. Maybe $10 of materials to make 250ml. So $15 is pretty damn cheap for that, let alone making it from scratch. Unless I'm way off the mark on the raw product price. I imagine those making millions of litres of sanitiser get their alcohol much cheaper.

I'm down to about 50ml of the stuff for my bike.
I buy ethanol for fortification at about $4.40 a litre. That's 95.9% proof

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just took delivery from a local provider company. $50 for a huge tray of veges and much better than what's in the big supermarkets. Pretty sure his usual business is supplying restaurants which is clearly slow, but he still has access to the markets at flemmington. Seems like a win all round there, we get better stuff delivered at a good price and help a local guy keep his business going

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Guess some businesses are doing ok out of this. Got a mate whose hubby works for Dan Murphys. Normal weekly turnover is around $7 million. The past fornight they have turned over $240 million...

Last edited:

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Guess some businesses are doing ok out of this. Got a mate whose hubby works for Dan Murphys. Normal weekly turnover is around 7 million. The past fornight they have turned over $240 million...
Fuck me. I wonder if my local independent has had such a boon?

DMan

Guess some businesses are doing ok out of this. Got a mate whose hubby works for Dan Murphys. Normal weekly turnover is around 7 million. The past fornight they have turned over $240 million...
Coles, Woolies and IGA can't be complaining either....

Haakon

Keeps on digging
That reminds me, Im out of gin... Oddly though my local IGA around the corner has a very decent plonk selection - for my weekly essentials outing.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The younger cohort are flaunting the distancing and isolating the most. Maybe it’s the millennial and genY killer?
Nah...it's an enabler. Young people are immune and should be allowed to do as they wish. Hen they can crop dust it to those greedy people that are vulnerable and hold all the wealth and all the power. That will then be relinquished and by virtue of breathing the young shall inherit the earth.

those old people who to a degree...have spent their adult life working and behaving responsibly with their money.

im not defending boomers, but y-bangers seem to forget that life is long a ladder of sorts. You don't generally start at the top and you don't always make it to the to either.

DMan

That reminds me, Im out of gin... Oddly though my local IGA around the corner has a very decent plonk selection - for my weekly essentials outing.
What if you have to pass someone sweaty though?

stirk

Burner
I'm driving 5 minutes to get to some trails that I'm lucky to see anyone on in normal times let alone now. I don't see a problem with this compared to the packed parks my work colleagues are telling me about. As an example centennial park in Sydney I'm told is super busy with walkers and roadies. I can imagine the roadies passing each other breathing really heavy with covid going all up in the air. The walkers be chatting away, spittle flying about and all quite close to strangers as you pass them and this is deemed to be allowed. All these people would be driving to the parks for their exercise. Perhaps the guidelines should be clear enough to say, don't drive to your exercise location. I don't have a problem with my approach as I come into contact with no one, but these city peeps all walking and jogging riding in such close proximity, while legal, are definitely helping the spread. Clear as mud. I like mud, lots of rain on the way!