Crash Pics Thread

rstim

Likes Dirt
Went OTB on the dambusters decent at Derby the other day, head first into a rock. Helmet did its job and I got up relatively unhurt and finished my ride off at a much slower pace, with the smashed helmet still on my head. Bit of a sore neck and a few other sore spots but came out of it very well considering.
Time for a new fullface I think.

Daetmi3

Likes Bikes
Geez, you're VERY LUCKY, very close call that you have no major injuries matey, that helmet is TOAST, you must have hit bloody hard.
At least you have an excuse to upgrade!!
I hightly recommend the Bell 2R with the removable chin bar, if you're looking for a full face/Enduro helmet. Good price on eBay, really comfortable, airy and safe. You'll never look back!

Went OTB on the dambusters decent at Derby the other day, head first into a rock. Helmet did its job and I got up relatively unhurt and finished my ride off at a much slower pace, with the smashed helmet still on my head. Bit of a sore neck and a few other sore spots but came out of it very well considering.
Time for a new fullface I think.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Geez, you're VERY LUCKY, very close call that you have no major injuries matey, that helmet is TOAST, you must have hit bloody hard.
At least you have an excuse to upgrade!!
I hightly recommend the Bell 2R with the removable chin bar, if you're looking for a full face/Enduro helmet. Good price on eBay, really comfortable, airy and safe. You'll never look back!
U must have a head shaped like a cone if you have a comfortable fit with a Super 2r.
I have a Super that is really comfy.... the Super 2 was causing my eyes to pop out it was that tight at the temples...

For me, the 3r is waayyyyy better fit than the 2. I also wouldn't be buying a helmet based on someone else's experience.... every nugget is different and you need to try before you buy.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner
U must have a head shaped like a cone if you have a comfortable fit with a Super 2r.
I have a Super that is really comfy.... the Super 2 was causing my eyes to pop out it was that tight at the temples...

For me, the 3r is waayyyyy better fit than the 2. I also wouldn't be buying a helmet based on someone else's experience.... every nugget is different and you need to try before you buy.

Well that's good to know, I suppose the days of buying a size in a particular brand helmet for fit consistency are over because that's all I've mainly done, last 3 Limar helmets have been a perfect fit. The helmet test dummies must be built to Chinese standards, + or - 6cms.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Well that's good to know, I suppose the days of buying a size in a particular brand helmet for fit consistency are over because that's all I've mainly done, last 3 Limar helmets have been a perfect fit. The helmet test dummies must be built to Chinese standards, + or - 6cms.
I think I read somewhere that to make the Super2 chinbar compliant, Bell had to reinforce the structure with extra material around the temple pads. They kept the same shell from the original super, thus the temple pads pushed inwards more.
I've had 2 mates who can't wear their Super 2 for more than an hour at a time.... the headaches are too bad.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I think I read somewhere that to make the Super2 chinbar compliant, Bell had to reinforce the structure with extra material around the temple pads. They kept the same shell from the original super, thus the temple pads pushed inwards more.
I've had 2 mates who can't wear their Super 2 for more than an hour at a time.... the headaches are too bad.

I dislike that crushing forehead feeling with a helmet also even if it's just light.

Last edited:

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
Definitely. I've ridden a Pro-Tec for years and years, decided to look at some new ones in my local recently...apparently they've changed so significantly that the sizing and shapes are a total 180 from previous years. I always wear a S, but the new shape is massively too big. The XS popped my head like a pimple.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Definitely. I've ridden a Pro-Tec for years and years, decided to look at some new ones in my local recently...apparently they've changed so significantly that the sizing and shapes are a total 180 from previous years. I always wear a S, but the new shape is massively too big. The XS popped my head like a pimple.
That doesn't sound good, will make buying online a whole lot harder. I don't like going into shops, trying their merchandise on and then buying online.

nickg78

Likes Dirt
Seat railing damamge

Stacked it into a tree landing a jump at Kentlyn. Seat ripped off exposing sharp edge broken railing which then went through my shorts and into thigh. I was very lucky it was not deeper or a bit higher up.IMG_0206.JPG

Flow-Rider

Burner
Stacked it into a tree landing a jump at Kentlyn. Seat ripped off exposing sharp edge broken railing which then went through my shorts and into thigh. I was very lucky it was not deeper or a bit higher up.
That looks pretty nasty, I hope you get back on the bike soon.

nickg78

Likes Dirt
It took about 15 stitches. Funny thing though it didn't hurt much at all, only after 20 min I thought to look under my shorts at what I thought was a scratch.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Awaba today, just wasn't in the zone and crashed every run. Knee is buggered and I'm limping around, muscle above my hip is swollen to shit and kills with just a little movement, so laughing and coughing sucks, which is funny so the cycle goes round. Skinned knuckles and the arm is gunna leave a few nice marks. I think the best part is in my pants (no surprises), clean slice (hehehe) and bruised donger. Bit disappointed the left arm came out clean. Bike doesn't have a scratch thank christ.

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
Awaba today, just wasn't in the zone and crashed every run. Knee is buggered and I'm limping around, muscle above my hip is swollen to shit and kills with just a little movement, so laughing and coughing sucks, which is funny so the cycle goes round. Skinned knuckles and the arm is gunna leave a few nice marks. Bit disappointed the left arm came out clean. Bike doesn't have a scratch thank christ.
Oh well, shit happens and hope you're back on the bike soon.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Awaba today, just wasn't in the zone and crashed every run. Knee is buggered and I'm limping around, muscle above my hip is swollen to shit and kills with just a little movement, so laughing and coughing sucks, which is funny so the cycle goes round. Skinned knuckles and the arm is gunna leave a few nice marks. I think the best part is in my pants (no surprises), clean slice (hehehe) and bruised donger. Bit disappointed the left arm came out clean. Bike doesn't have a scratch thank christ.

Did your bruised willy pic get taken down? That track has a few nice surprises on it and the steeps outside on a lot of the trail seems to encourage falling for days.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Did your bruised willy pic get taken down? That track has a few nice surprises on it and the steeps outside on a lot of the trail seems to encourage falling for days.
The mods told me to pm it to them first for checking?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk