Crystal meth

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
if this fucking country wants all of us to keep working up until we're into our seventies, I cant see this problem going away any time soon..
wont that be quite the image, little old granny chasing the dragon on the way to her shift at bunnings!

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Chasing the dragon refers to heroin. The act of chasing the boiling heroin around on the foil with the foil tube so as to not waste any.
you actually inhale the fine plume of smoke that is given off as it burns, usually performed in a dimly lit room.hence the dragon reference
can also be applied to crack, speed, mdma and meth...you try if for yourself onetime.

camoshop

Banned
you actually inhale the fine plume of smoke that is given off as it burns, usually performed in a dimly lit room.hence the dragon reference
can also be applied to crack, speed, mdma and meth...you try if for yourself onetime.
There's always a way to get drugs into your system if you don't have the right tools :boink:

;)

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Nah.

'Chasing' (i.e smoking in a pipe or piece of tinfoil) is applicable to any substance but 'the dragon' is particular to Heroin and Opium. The phrase's roots are in the exotic Far East of ye olden days.

Last edited:

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
whatever....!
And don't get me started on 'cones'

Here in Australia it means bong which is a little bit weird as only some bongs have cone-shaped bowls. Many (hell, most) have 'bowl' shaped bowls.

Everywhere else in the world 'cone' means big-assed cone-shaped joint. Cypress Hill will back me up and I believe they are somewhat authorities on the matter.

Fucking get it right people!

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
How can I tell if someone is using? Someone close to me has suddenly changed. They have stopped communicating with everyone. Won't answer the phone. I got one vague text after I sent about 30. There hasn't been any argument and I don't think I've done anything to hurt them. My phone tells me my text messages are getting read so I know they are alive. I've asked what is wrong or if I have done something wrong but get no answer.
I'm starting to suspect a drug issue. Either way it's not looking good. Not sure how to approach it.

mtb1611

Seymour
weed will bring out whatever cracks your brain already has, and amplify them. one of my teachers in Community Services used to say that when a person started to use a substance on a regular basis, be it alcohol, weed, pills, whatever, their emotional development would stop at that point. if they ever kicked the habit, they would then have to catch up.
I call nonsense on that; unless of course there's some data out there that shows a link between emotional intelligence and substance abuse I'm very skeptical of that one. I've known, worked with, met etc dozens of people who are - in terms of the definition - regular substance abusers yet are still emotionally intelligent, well-adjusted, compassionate, objective and rational etc. Out of that group, I've known quite a few who have dried out/gone cold turkey/kicked the habit etc and whilst their health improved, their was no noticeable surge in emotional intelligence!

mtb1611

Seymour
How can I tell if someone is using? Someone close to me has suddenly changed. They have stopped communicating with everyone. Won't answer the phone. I got one vague text after I sent about 30. There hasn't been any argument and I don't think I've done anything to hurt them. My phone tells me my text messages are getting read so I know they are alive. I've asked what is wrong or if I have done something wrong but get no answer.
I'm starting to suspect a drug issue. Either way it's not looking good. Not sure how to approach it.
Could also be a mental health issue, which of course MAY be drug-induced......not necessarily though. Any other friends/acquaintances experiencing difficulty in contacting/engaging with this person?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Could also be a mental health issue, which of course MAY be drug-induced......not necessarily though. Any other friends/acquaintances experiencing difficulty in contacting/engaging with this person?
Was going to say the same thing. Try a physical visit...

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I call nonsense on that; unless of course there's some data out there that shows a link between emotional intelligence and substance abuse I'm very skeptical of that one. I've known, worked with, met etc dozens of people who are - in terms of the definition - regular substance abusers yet are still emotionally intelligent, well-adjusted, compassionate, objective and rational etc. Out of that group, I've known quite a few who have dried out/gone cold turkey/kicked the habit etc and whilst their health improved, their was no noticeable surge in emotional intelligence!
Isn't emotional intelligence an oxymoron?