cyclocross

DaGonz

Eats Squid
If you're after a lot of riders and places to ride, you might consider Canberra first, but read what the Canberra knockers have to say first, and then you'll realise I have a point.
Sydney has Cross Racing...

Cheers
Gonz - 'nuff said? :)

stu44

Farkin Advertiser
on-one ilpompino need i say more. unsure on the $$ but im sure you can get a complete pompy at a good price with on-one hubs etc and they are a quality frame and nice paint job. I raced mine at the rosewhite 12hr and it was pretty fast even over the rough stuff. im even looking at hanging up the salsa s/s and just racing the cx bike from now on at the xc events
On-One have a distributor in Aus now, check www.definitivecycles.com.au

Located in Brissy

jean5614

Likes Dirt
Sydney has Cross Racing... Cross Dressing and Kings Cross, so very attractive, but how long does it take to get anywhere? Canberra has single track less than 5 minutes from the CBD, and yes we do have a CBD, I've even been in a traffic jam, briefly. :rolleyes:

crosser

Likes Dirt
We do have cross racing in Sydney, but Canberra has more suitable cross terrain. All those forlorn, grassy parks! CORC could host a year of cross racing on 365 different courses. I'd show up for it...

Crosser

jean5614

Likes Dirt
Why can't a thread about cross racing include single track in Canberra. We have a few guys down here who race xc on crossers. Some in the Scott too. By the way how much do those Schwinn bikes go for? cheers Jack:cool:

craigb

Likes Dirt
just been thinking (i know i know its a change) what tyres is everyone running? im runing maxxis at the moment and they are fantastic but the wear rate is'nt so good

Turner_rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Why can't a thread about cross racing include single track in Canberra.
In my experience most CX race courses traditionally don't have a lot of single track (if any) in them, so that's probably enough justification for keeping it on topic ;)

DaGonz

Eats Squid
Whatever they are, I have to run them at 70+psi to survive at St. Ives.
... Touch wood I havn't pinched the crosser tires yet and I run my much lower, even at St Ives (50 or so PSI). To quote someone on cycling news recently, if you don't feel your rim every now and then, you have your tires pumped too hard.

I'm Currently running some michelin 35's of some description. Meet my general requirements for tires perfectly, smattering of tread in the middle and knobs on the side. They'd be attrocious in the mud but well, we don't normally get a lot of that.

Cheers
Gonz

crosser

Likes Dirt
Low Pressure

St. Ives is pinch flat heaven for the crosser.

Nys says he runs the Dugasts at 1.6-1.8 bar, about 25 psi!

I don't know how the guy who glues them sleeps at night.

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
I ride ~50 psi at St Ives, you need to ride smoother Crosser! Maybe you should slow down a little bit. ;)

tjb

Likes Dirt
/* Sydney CX Community Service Announcement

I have heard of a Giant TCX cross framewith Easton carbon fork for sale in Sydney. Size 54 cm, medium. Price around $800. If anyone is interested, PM me here and I can arrange to get you in contact with the seller. It is new and unridden.

End of Community Service Announcement */