cyclocross

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Too serious...

Anyone up for a secret barrier session? Thursday afternoon Homebush or Meadowbank.

A surprising amount of time can be made up here on someone not practiced at getting on and off quickly.

toby

Likes Dirt
Nothing wrong with singles! I've got some old school Ambrosio wheels I scored off a neighbour .... and a set with a pair of Sun tubular rims I scored for $20 !

50mm deep dish carbon may look a bit serious though ;-)
Mine are Ambrosio Nemsis built on Ultegra 6700 hubs... just waiting on some tires to ship and I am away!

tjb

Likes Dirt
Mine are Ambrosio Nemsis built on Ultegra 6700 hubs... just waiting on some tires to ship and I am away!
Nice! You realise you are starting a lifelong addiction. Once you've gone sub 30 psi you won't go back! Next thing you'll be gluing Dugasts regularly :)

toby

Likes Dirt
Nice! You realise you are starting a lifelong addiction. Once you've gone sub 30 psi you won't go back! Next thing you'll be gluing Dugasts regularly :)
I already go sub-30 on my tubeless cross rims.... also been riding Dugast a fair bit lately for various reasons. ;)

To be honest I just want to roll some FMBs

tjb

Likes Dirt
Some more info from the organisers

"We are looking at 40 mins minimum for Elites.Probably 50 mins i reckon.
I believe we will have people of varied ability so it will probably be 2 grades.

I have 3 tonnes of sand arriving also for the race."

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
"

I have 3 tonnes of sand arriving also for the race."
Looks like that beach and sandy firetrail riding I did over chrissy is going to come in handy... of course not sure whether the trailer makes it easier or harder!

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
Anyone up for a secret barrier session? Thursday afternoon Homebush or Meadowbank.

A surprising amount of time can be made up here on someone not practiced at getting on and off quickly.
I'm now based out at the 'bush so the idea is tempting... could be a go for Monday next week if peoples are around... (he says mentally planning which bike to ride when)

Matt Mead

Likes Bikes
Im just going to come down and check it out and take some pics. I have an alley cat in the city at 7pm which i dont want to miss.

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
So.... 5 sleeps... who else is going out to have a play on Saturday?

Biggest question I have is the quality of the beer tent? and will there be hot chips with mayo??

tjb

Likes Dirt
So.... 5 sleeps... who else is going out to have a play on Saturday?

Biggest question I have is the quality of the beer tent? and will there be hot chips with mayo??
Word is a tent will be ridden through ... beer strictly byo. Heckling is being encouraged.

Not sure about the frites with Mayo though

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
Word is a tent will be ridden through ... beer strictly byo. Heckling is being encouraged.

Not sure about the frites with Mayo though
Oh well... can't have everything I suppose.

Might have to invest in some of Murray's finest Belgian style ale for a post race tipple... (an aussie take on euro style just like the race itself :) )