Dartmoor bikes- Sponsorship competition due 31st /pre orders complete.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
SURPRISE! slide show

Background

Whilst Solid bikes and reverse components have been known to the public for a little while now; other things have been happening here at Fearless Cycles.

We've been working with the guys in Poland at Dartmoor bikes to organize the Australian distribution.

Dartmoor slides into Fearless Cycles as our street company with a greater focus on value for money and the mid end sector compared to our high end Reverse gear. The company's range will build a 95% made Dartmoor bike in a exceptional range of colours, with a price range to suit everyone. Due to their large range we can offer great pricing for both customers and dealers around Australia.

These guys are only new to the scene but are run by Velo. The guys who make your saddles and many other parts. They are sponsoring some of the top polish street and 4x/dual slalom riders. If you like to see what some of the riders are up to and what quality of riding these bikes can do just visit Dartmoor videos.

PRE ORDERS ARE NOW ORDERED!
Some parts are 2010 guys eg DM cranks and Fever pedals will be 2010 stock supplies.

With the release of Dartmoor bikes on Australian shores I would like to announce the following:

FC's Sponsorship video competition.

This competition is aimed at the top Aussie street riders, slope style and 4x riders. The winner will receive a sponsorship deal from Dartmoor themselves through us here at Fearless Cycles.

We will be looking for a rider with a positive attitude, a great selection of unique styles and lines, along with a big trick bag. Those who can ride more than one discipline will have an advantage. We would also like to see what the rider can do for both us and Dartmoor as a sponsored rider.

We don't mind if you have to sit down and have someone interview the rider, just make it natural, a good mix and edit. The rider will have to have good communication skills within the biking community as well as have feedback about products.

This provides a great opportunity for you younger riders to really step up and really push your riding skills, hope to see what you guys have to offer! You've got until the 31st July to organize, learn and edit your footage guys so don't rush it.

The winner will get to discuss and organize their very own Dartmoor bike:
  • International sponsorship and coverage- Only Australasian DM rider.
  • Footage will go onto Dartmoor video accounts.
  • Possible competition enteries- Street/ DJ/ Slopestyle.
  • Photos and movies wanted for updates.

Dealers [/COLOR][/size]

Dartmoor is a perfect candidate for dealers with their large selection covering a wide range of pricing for their customers. We will be searching for stores that have a positive image and a good attitude regarding Australia's street/4x scene. If you are interested in more details please email us to discuss your options. Dealers are welcome to include orders in the Pre-order for those who have asked.

dealers@fearlesscycles.com.au

Heres a few shots from their recent product shoot:

Last edited:

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have you got any photos of a built up Player 24? I'm keen on the weight and price, but the aesthetics leave something to be desired.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Have you got any photos of a built up Player 24? I'm keen on the weight and price, but the aesthetics leave something to be desired.

http://dartmoor-bikes.com/ : go to the photos tab and you will find a selection of custom builds and action shots for Dartmoor's latest tour Smacks, some very nice wall papers under downloads as well guys.

Last edited:

Bretty.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Those Player frames looks gross, Norco DH - ish. But the Cody and the Brooke look sweet. Got any photos of built up models Rick?

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Those Player frames looks gross, Norco DH - ish. But the Cody and the Brooke look sweet. Got any photos of built up models Rick?
Well for those who don't like links- here is a preview of what lays in the slide show.

added bretty.​

Last edited:

iStu

Likes Dirt
Yep, great value and with the pre-order you get a $30+ t shirt along with $25 set of grips free, whats not to love.
$399 - $25 - $30 = $344. What about postage wise after that? Do you post for the same price? Cant complain with that deal, I may have to get my self a street rig going I think. :eek:

Cedel

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What the hell is going on with the seatube/headtube angle on the Brooke and Cody?

I think Dartmoor need to re-design their frames before offering sponsorships...

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
What the hell is going on with the seatube/headtube angle on the Brooke and Cody?

I think Dartmoor need to re-design their frames before offering sponsorships...
Well cedel, the frames are doing more than fine overseas.

Ive got some axle to crown/fork heights for the geometry charts now.

Cody – 460mm

Brooke – 470mm

Two6Player – 475mm

Two4Player – 475mm

that might help with your dilemma.

Also, Cody and Brooke are both 10mm rear drop outs.

Cody and Brooke frames almost out of stock for 09 guys!
(no more until September at least.)

Creeper and street fighter frame numbers are limited as well.

Warranty is 1 year on both the frames and components.

2010 is seeing a lighter rigid fork, a new pivotal seat and some other changes to the line up.

This is great way up to upgrade from your older frame to a new one for a fraction of the price of others, as well as getting your hands on something a little more unique.

Last edited:

Cedel

Likes Bikes and Dirt
EDIT: This post doesn't make sense now because ^ deleted their post.

I thought they were great too, then I saw the complete build.

:eek:

Last edited:

M.artin

Arrow Racing
Head angle - NS has a much better headangle and top tube. - I would have matched the seat tube and head angles.

But good prices!

Nice one Rick! - Will you be posting up the new sponsored rider and chosen video?

Last edited:

Cedel

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For cost, yes they are good. Just like Samoon Flowers.. ;)

I just hate the look of the seatube angle. That is all. :)

Although this is a cunning idea Rick, should be interesting to follow!

iStu

Likes Dirt
Head angle - NS has a much better headangle and top tube

But what do you expect for the price (Pretty good cost).

Nice one Rick! - Will you be posting up the new sponsored rider and chosen video?
Martin, would you happen to know the actual difference between the angles are? Around 1 - 1.5 degrees maybe? Further yet how does this effect the ride or in Cedel's case aesthetics?
Cheers,

M.artin

Arrow Racing
Martin, would you happen to know the actual difference between the angles are? Around 1 - 1.5 degrees maybe? Further yet how does this effect the ride or in Cedel's case aesthetics?
Cheers,
Yes, actually I did happen to notice the figures, on both the first post and the website. And after riding numerous quality frames, I have come to figure that sometime just that little 1 degree and even half degree can make a somewhat substantial difference. Generally speaking that is why frame builders go to such tolerances, not because it sounds or looks good.
Obviously these guys have a pretty damn good idea of what they're doing as they are so close to some of the most reputable street frames on the market whilst being incredibly well priced.

Certainly a good brand to hit Aus, with an amazing amount of products on their site!

*Not wanting to start an argument over geometry on some good bikes that are potentially up for grabs to one lucky person. (Id be stoked to get one for free! - Hope it all goes well Rick).

Last edited:

Cedel

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheers,
Look it up, the geo for the Dartmoors is above and the NS geo shouldn't be too hard to find.

For street and park tighter angles give a fatser more snapier feel, and will handle alot better too. On the Dartmoor you can see that the geometry is more relaxed than other common street/park frames in the headtube and seatube. Another thing which I believe increases the relaxed look is the high-ish standover which makes the TT and seatstay junction look iffy.

Understand?