Dartmoor bikes- Sponsorship competition due 31st /pre orders complete.

iStu

Likes Dirt
Yes, actually I did happen to notice the figures, on both the first post and the website. And after riding numerous quality frames, I have come to figure that sometime just that little 1 degree and even half degree can make a somewhat substantial difference. Generally speaking that is why frame builders go to such tolerances, not because it sounds or looks good.

*Not wanting to start an argument over geometry on some good bikes that are potentially up for grabs to one lucky person. (Id be stoked to get one for free! - Hope it all goes well Rick).
For sure Martin, totally agree with you. Just wanted to know what the differences are in this circumstance. Great stuff, I wouldn't be complaining either. Do many other bike manufactures do this sort of Geo (angles)? Maybe its just Poland engineering? :eek:

M.artin

Arrow Racing
For sure Martin, totally agree with you. Just wanted to know what the differences are in this circumstance. Great stuff, I wouldn't be complaining either. Do many other bike manufactures do this sort of Geo (angles)? Maybe its just Poland engineering? :eek:
Just did an edit* - But yes, a number of brands are coming in with very similar Geo, and for a good reason - It works! and is reasonably comfortable to just jump on and ride.

Id be keen to see some of these frames out and riding, along with some feedback.
They look like they are pretty tight in the riding shots on their site.

Rick - Do you have any here and riding our soil yet?

~James~

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No idea what all of the bitching is about. Rick is bringing a new brand to Aus, we should be glad that we'll see people out riding a new brand, different from the rest. If I didn't just buy a Last Cord I'd be all over a Dartmoor Cody. If this guy can ride to that level on a Dartmoor bike, then they obviously aren't that bad eh Cedel.

http://vimeo.com/4682633?pg

Last edited:

iStu

Likes Dirt
Just did an edit* - But yes, a number of brands are coming in with very similar Geo, and for a good reason - It works! and is reasonably comfortable to just jump on and ride.

Id be keen to see some of these frames out and riding, along with some feedback.
They look like they are pretty tight in the riding shots on their site.

Rick - Do you have any here and riding our soil yet?
Ah yes, cheers for that Martin. My intentions are to get a Dartmoor built, for some Street/DJ. But apart that, I'm doubtful that there is a Dartmoor rig on Aussie soil; hence rick being the only importer for the company to AUS?

RONEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ill give it a shot, whip together a video of me and my riding :)
wont do any harm!
and its all in good spirit :)

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
For cost, yes they are good. Just like Samoon Flowers.. ;)

I just hate the look of the seatube angle. That is all. :)

Although this is a cunning idea Rick, should be interesting to follow!
Hey Senan, will be interesting to see how the brand kicks off. Although the numbers are relaxed this may suit riders coming from a downhill or freeride background as they used to this. It the end its about providing options for the various types of riders Australia has.

Yes, actually I did happen to notice the figures, on both the first post and the website. And after riding numerous quality frames, I have come to figure that sometime just that little 1 degree and even half degree can make a somewhat substantial difference. Generally speaking that is why frame builders go to such tolerances, not because it sounds or looks good.
Obviously these guys have a pretty damn good idea of what they're doing as they are so close to some of the most reputable street frames on the market whilst being incredibly well priced.

Certainly a good brand to hit Aus, with an amazing amount of products on their site!

Id be stoked to get one for free! - Hope it all goes well Rick).
Thanks Martin! Good to see you guys are having a healthy discussion about it, criticism and other info can be passed back to Dartmoor- these guys are keen to hear it from all sides, good or bad.

Their video account shows http://www.vimeo.com/dartmoor just what their sponsored riders get up to, if you have a spare few minutes it's worth checking out.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Ah yes, cheers for that Martin. My intentions are to get a Dartmoor built, for some Street/DJ. But apart that, I'm doubtful that there is a Dartmoor rig on Aussie soil; hence rick being the only importer for the company to AUS?
Correct, none in Australia but id let to get at least 1/2 dozen around Australia with this order. Would love these guys to give some feedback and their opinions, whether it be privately or on here.

Shipping on the these frames will be $15.00 Posted Australia wide!
ill give it a shot, whip together a video of me and my riding :)
wont do any harm!
and its all in good spirit :)
Thats the spirit man! More entries the better!

The winning rider will get a press release of their new sponsorship along with some pics of their new ride as well as the release of their winning video. This is just the first comp, never know what might happen either!

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Just had a talk to the guys at Dartmoor-

Limited numbers of Cody and Brooke, they've had to make a second batch to get them to 2010.

There is a rigid fork coming newer lighter model coming end of this year along with some more goodies.

26/24's have some left, Street fighter numbers dropping and plenty of the creeper 4x frame left.

Street fighter is 31.2mm seat post confirmed. No seat clamps with the alloy frames guys.

Print based English catalog in 2weeks, currently have a Polish version if anyone wants it?

Thanks to those who have pre-ordered thus far. Sending out invoices to those who have places orders so please be patient.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
For those entering the comp, I've given you an additional two weeks for filming as this weather hasn't been the best for it along with some entrants breaking important parts.

It is now DUE 31st July.

Pre-orders to be paid by july 17th.

Thanks to those who got in early.

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey they look interesting.

got a question about the video, does it have to be all new footage?

and how long should we make it?

not that i think i'm going to win but like they say the more the merrier!

conor.1

Genetic Throwback
I might break out the stp when i get my cast off and make a vid, just for fun :) how many entries so far?

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
hey they look interesting.

got a question about the video, does it have to be all new footage?

and how long should we make it?

not that i think i'm going to win but like they say the more the merrier!
All entries are welcome, i may put them all into one bigger movie for everyone to enjoy with consent of the riders.

I might break out the stp when i get my cast off and make a vid, just for fun :) how many entries so far?
Seen a few drafts, mixed bits and pieces.

Looking forward to being able to show Europe and the rest of the world what some of Australia's best up and coming riders have to show.

Remember- style, technical, flow, positive image and attitudes along with good footage all plays a factor.

Keep the progression coming guys, Let's show the world what you guys can do. ;)

Street/ dirt jump/ 4x/ slopestyle (yes, theres a comp this month for it, so it does exist here now. ;)) styles all welcome.

Last edited:

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yea for the price/weight its pretty amazing- no derailleur dropout but great way to change up from a stock frame.
Im slowly stockpiling parts for a street build so a frame at that price is awesome.

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ah the pressure is on!

and i havnt even started filming properly yet! damn injuries and work, bring on saturday!!

the 4x frame looks kind of like the percentage frames? two of my mates have them.