DH WORLD CUP 2015 - follow the season here with predictions, laments and discussion!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah, wonder if she had trouble acclimatising to the cold, given that she lives in FNQLD.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Whilst acknowledging how difficult filming these races are, it's still complete crap when riders can have a totally race destroying crash and the only way you know is that they have dirt on their clothes.

We see 1.5 mins of a 5 min run.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Whilst acknowledging how difficult filming these races are, it's still complete crap when riders can have a totally race destroying crash and the only way you know is that they have dirt on their clothes.

We see 1.5 mins of a 5 min run.

Dude, I can't remember how many times this comes up... Quit the whining about the cameras. You're ruining my post race high :tape2:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Well, you could have chosen just to ignore my comment but you didn't. So, deal with the response you get, right?

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Yeah cool bro...

Before the thread derails from your tirade, here's a an awesome happy pic of Minnaar, in all his blury, superhuman speed!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Ha, tirade! God onya, ya drama queen! lol.

Anyway, going to be some sore girls after that race. Manon Carter ate massive amounts of shit at the bottom and there were a few other face plants. The guys only seemed to slip up or over but they girls crashed hard.

Need the Rat and Sam back in the saddle to liven things up a bit.

Hot cup of joe in hand & catching the replay- damn, tough watching Tracey being ping-ponged down the course like that; whole run fell apart after mounting her top tube in the top section. Props to Manon for dusting herself off & getting to the bottom (in 4th no less)- ate it hard. No doubt going to be feeling pretty sore in the morning.

Minnaar- he's just so goddamn....vanilla. Vanilla bores me. He's like the Virginia Ham of the pig cut.

Just putting it out there, they've done a good job of choking it for a few years now but the MTBA better cease & desist with the narrow agenda, extract the fucking digit & invest in the Aus DH program- we're looking down the barrel of a massive vacuum. Going to be a considerable deficit once our top riders (the staples over the last decade) move away from WC racing- below them the Aussie ranks are thin, as too the depth of experience. The MTBA are losing all of that incredible momentum built by Sharples & the Aussie riders of the modern era, which in turn will translate as a distinct lack of mentoring, a lack of results & subsequently a lack reinvestment. Completely under-capitalising in an area of cycling we've always generally been a dominant force in- the results of which are now clearly apparent.

I'm off to eat bacon- a real cut of pig. Bring on the next round.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Hot cup of joe in hand & catching the replay- damn, tough watching Tracey being ping-ponged down the course like that; whole run fell apart after mounting her top tube in the top section. Props to Manon for dusting herself off & getting to the bottom (in 4th no less)- ate it hard. No doubt going to be feeling pretty sore in the morning.

Minnaar- he's just so goddamn....vanilla. Vanilla bores me. He's like the Virginia Ham of the pig cut.

Just putting it out there, they've done a good job of choking it for a few years now but the MTBA better cease & desist with the narrow agenda, extract the fucking digit & invest in the Aus DH program- we're looking down the barrel of a massive vacuum. Going to be a considerable deficit once our top riders (the staples over the last decade) move away from WC racing- below them the Aussie ranks are thin, as too the depth of experience. The MTBA are losing all of that incredible momentum built by Sharples & the Aussie riders of the modern era, which in turn will translate as a distinct lack of mentoring, a lack of results & subsequently a lack reinvestment. Completely under-capitalising in an area of cycling we've always generally been a dominant force in- the results of which are now clearly apparent.

I'm off to eat bacon- a real cut of pig. Bring on the next round.
A Crimmins will kill it, but yeah.