DH WORLD CUP 2015 - follow the season here with predictions, laments and discussion!

The Fish

Likes Bikes
Sam did the same thing after his worlds crash last year but that got me teary eyed too...
True true but doing it after crashing on a awesome run at world champs is understandable, we all cried(hows that for a diuble standard eh!!) ah well, live and let live right!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Just had a look at the Lourdes track, I don't expect very good race coverage on the day. Heavy foliage all the way down, going to be difficult to cover for cameras.

driftking

Wheel size expert
It seems like the break between seasons has been huge. I haven't kept up with any of the riders during the off season.
What I am expecting is a good season though, It seems we have many riders on form and still a few dark horses able to throw themselves into the mix. Looking forward to see the first race and see what everyone's form is like.

From what I remember we had neko's chainless run of awesome, brycelands ankle breaking season domination, Hill on form especially worlds, Gee as always a big threat and world champ, Gwin on target, troy battling for the top spot and Loic been on fire as well, round that all off with the dark horses and the few guys waiting to break that podium I'm really hoping this year is eventful.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Is he though? Let's face it, he's been talked up for so long and hasn't gotten that result. To me, he's that guy that almost shoulda coulda been.
Yeah, I think it was amplified somewhat by his close 2nd at PMB Worlds.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Stevie Smith has been notably absent with no riding photos posted by him this on his social media accounts. Was also absent from the training camp in Spain over the weekend. Anyone know anything I have missed?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Stevie Smith has been notably absent with no riding photos posted by him this on his social media accounts. Was also absent from the training camp in Spain over the weekend. Anyone know anything I have missed?
I remember hearing he injured his recently injured ankle again. I believe he was either in New Zealand for Crankworx or was on his way there. I can't confirm any of this rumor though, we need more info but I guess we'll know by about 1am on Monday morning if he's racing or not. :\

Beej1

Looking forward to another season of racing. I like the idea and the bikes of the EWS, but from a race-time online spectator point of view nothing beats the world cup and champs for me.

Very interested to see how the results pan out, and who the focus falls on. I appreciate the fastest one with the least mistakes is the winner, but it's always a little more special when the rider is one of the wild bunch and their run has just that little bit extra. And if Gee Atherton takes a third crown, I hope it's actually without another rider on the day going down when they're clearly up on the splits.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Live stream times been posted yet? State race in thredbo sunday, would be awesome to race and watch the wc same day.

My inner fan boy is rooting for it being Sam's season overall or champs to get that jersey back, but waiting to find time to watch this video about ratboy not learning from his mistakes.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Live stream times been posted yet? State race in thredbo sunday, would be awesome to race and watch the wc same day.

My inner fan boy is rooting for it being Sam's season overall or champs to get that jersey back, but waiting to find time to watch this video about ratboy not learning from his mistakes.
Which video is that?