DH WORLD CUP 2015 - follow the season here with predictions, laments and discussion!

Ivan

Eats Squid
Because my kids woke me up early, I turned on the feed hoping to get the replay, but the stream was still live and only Gwin was left to come down.

Even without watching the other riders to get a feel for the pace, it was obvious that Gwin was ridiculously fast. I got the same feeling watching him as watching Sam Hill in Val Di Sole in 2007 or whenever that was. Total control, confidence and no holding back.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Your conversion sermon.
[video=youtube;Kppx4bzfAaE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kppx4bzfAaE[/video]
Seems legit. Equally as WTF as Gwin's run.
Hahaha that was some wack shit.

West(boro) for LYFE!

Even without watching the other riders to get a feel for the pace, it was obvious that Gwin was ridiculously fast. I got the same feeling watching him as watching Sam Hill in Val Di Sole in 2007 or whenever that was. Total control, confidence and no holding back.
Yeah dude, he was on another level...

Last edited:

will2

Likes Dirt
I don't whether you should turn to the Lord, part of the reason I am slow on bike is because I am always blinded by his light.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Troy crashed and made it in around 2 secs from the race leader.

Aaron Gwin didn't crash and beat the leader by around 3 secs.

Staying upright is the most fundamental aspect of riding a bike. No point riding like a madman and not keeping it rubber side down.

Gwin is totally fucking mental though.

ajay

Troy crashed and made it in around 2 secs from the race leader.

Aaron Gwin didn't crash and beat the leader by around 3 secs.

Staying upright is the most fundamental aspect of riding a bike. No point riding like a madman and not keeping it rubber side down.

Gwin is totally fucking mental though.
Yep. First finish, then finish first.

That being said, troy is known for his smooth consistency, its just a matter of time til he puts a huge margin on the rest of the field.

On a different note, I recall lots of people saying that Gwin isn't an exciting rider to watch, but after that "totally fucking mental" run, I'd say he'll silence those critics.

If he can put nearly 4 secs on a stacked field on a short "one line" track, scary to think what he'll do at Val de Sole (or Andorra! )

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
On a different note, I recall lots of people saying that Gwin isn't an exciting rider to watch, but after that "totally fucking mental" run, I'd say he'll silence those critics.
You'd have to be a right royal fuckwit to say something like that. He is amazing to watch and we're lucky to be seeing this kind of riding in our time. It is such a close and competitive series and he does what Sam did all those years ago and just school everyone on his day. He's awesome to watch, he's a gracious winner and above all else, he shows how stoked he is to ride and win.

Missy did well, she / it managed to look like a man the whole time, spoke like trash the whole time, cased EVERYTHING and made me wonder if it / she was there purely to supply her stock to some buyers. What a waste of energy, it's something the series doesn't need.

scblack

Leucocholic
Aaron Gwin is a fantastic rider, the speed he carries is gob-smacking. As Dozer says he is raising the bar like Sam Hill did a few years ago when on his run.

But he is a boring tit. Nothing wrong with that though.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
It's getting interesting with riders like that. Sam, ratboy, gwin now, who's next year? Rachel though, she's just annihilating the field, gutted for ragot.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You'd have to be a right royal fuckwit to say something like that. He is amazing to watch and we're lucky to be seeing this kind of riding in our time. It is such a close and competitive series and he does what Sam did all those years ago and just school everyone on his day. He's awesome to watch, he's a gracious winner and above all else, he shows how stoked he is to ride and win. .
I don't know, a few years back Aaron was kind of bland. He was fast and smooth but lacked something interesting or characteristic when riding. Somehow since all his tyre-less run, his chainless run, his whips after his brake failure and just now going super fast he has developed more of a distinct riding style and is definitely great viewing. Even my long suffering wife who ends up watching out of the corner of her eye has agreed to this.

He does just seem to be such a nice guy too, maybe just being so gracious and mellow is a little dull in comparison.

ajay

You'd have to be a right royal fuckwit to say something like that. He is amazing to watch and we're lucky to be seeing this kind of riding in our time. It is such a close and competitive series and he does what Sam did all those years ago and just school everyone on his day. He's awesome to watch, he's a gracious winner and above all else, he shows how stoked he is to ride and win.

Missy did well, she / it managed to look like a man the whole time, spoke like trash the whole time, cased EVERYTHING and made me wonder if it / she was there purely to supply her stock to some buyers. What a waste of energy, it's something the series doesn't need.
Yeah totally agree..he's friggen amazing. These right royal fuckwits plague forums everywhere.
He's as fast as he is humble. A spectators / sponsors wet dream, and a competitors worst nightmare!