DH WORLD CUP 2015 - follow the season here with predictions, laments and discussion!

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight

But he is a boring tit. Nothing wrong with that though.
In terms of him being "dull", that's a long bow to draw, I can count about 3 riders on the WC that wouldnt fit the dull description. I actually think Gwin is pretty interesting. He talks well, answers questions properly, gives good insight and always props other riders.

Pretty much anyone who isn't Wyn Masters, Ratboy, or Peaty is boring....

hazza6542

Eats Squid
In terms of him being "dull", that's a long bow to draw, I can count about 3 riders on the WC that wouldnt fit the dull description. I actually think Gwin is pretty interesting. He talks well, answers questions properly, gives good insight and always props other riders.

Brannigan has to be in there somewhere

scblack

Leucocholic

I stand by my opinion. Sure, he replies to the point, gives answers that are not controversial, we can understand him and he thanks god a lot. He's polite. But there's no click of engagement, no real charisma shining through. Vanilla springs to mind.

I envy his riding ability. But would not be excited spending a day with him.

Klips

Likes Dirt
Gwin was interesting in the post-race wyn TV slot, but Missy was hilarious. To be riding a borrowed bike and still qualify for the finals is good. To race the finals with a dislocated elbow and thumb and still beat out trade team riders - that's great. To be riding a world cup because your wife has cancer and desperately wanted to see you do it - that's pretty amazing. I'm still new to DH so I haven't had her grate on my nerves for a decade (and I'm sure it would get grating), but it's really nice to see a real standout personality on the women's side.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Gwin was interesting in the post-race wyn TV slot, but Missy was hilarious. To be riding a borrowed bike and still qualify for the finals is good. To race the finals with a dislocated elbow and thumb and still beat out trade team riders - that's great. To be riding a world cup because your wife has cancer and desperately wanted to see you do it - that's pretty amazing. I'm still new to DH so I haven't had her grate on my nerves for a decade (and I'm sure it would get grating), but it's really nice to see a real standout personality on the women's side.
In that respect; yep, it's awesome. She should be entered in the mens category though. :llama:

Klips

Likes Dirt
At first I called bullshit on the whole Ratboy/Atherton deal, but with Brook Macdonald tagging Sam Dale in a photo as Mike Tyson I think I'll have to retract that.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Yep, should be race of the year. The overall still with 3 possible winners, there's going to be some spectacular runs.

I don't think Sam will go all out, he'll save himself for worlds.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Yep, should be race of the year. The overall still with 3 possible winners, there's going to be some spectacular runs.

I don't think Sam will go all out, he'll save himself for worlds.
A lot of people are talking about him at the 08 Val race, I love Sam more than anyone but that was 7 years ago uninjured and 7 years younger. He's saving for worlds for sure.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Timed training is interesting, gee troy and gwin all within half a second then 2 seconds back to 4th place! Only tt, can't see gee beating either of those two but never know with that guy.

Also what happened with all the gee ratboy fighting, I heard about it but didn't see anything?

Odissius

Likes Dirt
A lot of people are talking about him at the 08 Val race, I love Sam more than anyone but that was 7 years ago uninjured and 7 years younger. He's saving for worlds for sure.
It would be so awesome to see a fit and in form Sam Hill take on Aaron Gwin when he's on it. Probably the two fastest guys to ever race dh when they're on a run, it'll be a shame if Hill continues to struggle with injuries and what would be the sports greatest rivalry never eventuates. I love Hill but I think if he gets a top ten at VDS that would be pretty solid but I struggle to see him on the podium here or at World's. Just too many guys going too fast to do battle with if you've missed most of the season. Troy has looked pretty awesome at VDS over the years, he could definitely do it here. It should be pretty tight between him and Bruni (the faster of the two or will be I think) who's luck has gotta change soon. But all that's really by the by if Gwin pulls out a run.

It would be so awesome to see a fit and in form Sam Hill take on Aaron Gwin when he's on it. Probably the two fastest guys to ever race dh when they're on a run, it'll be a shame if Hill continues to struggle with injuries and what would be the sports greatest rivalry never eventuates. I love Hill but I think if he gets a top ten at VDS that would be pretty solid but I struggle to see him on the podium here or at World's. Just too many guys going too fast to do battle with if you've missed most of the season. Troy has looked pretty awesome at VDS over the years, he could definitely do it here. It should be pretty tight between him and Bruni (the faster of the two or will be I think) who's luck has gotta change soon. But all that's really by the by if Gwin pulls out a run.
Sadly, only on his absolute best day would Sam beat Gwin.