Dhdirect "Get a Grip" Promo

macca21

Likes Dirt
Q: How many freeriders does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

A: 100; 1 to screw it in and 99 to say, "Yeah... I can do that!" :D

fatboardermicko

Likes Bikes
Mr dhd grips

mr dhd just give me some grips as thay are cool:D and i want to pimp my ride
so it is as cool as your bike and a pair of bars would be nice
thanks DEX

addmin

Likes Dirt
i think you all missed the point of this thread...

OK, So there's been a lot of very questionable and some very bright posts popping up around here lately. So I'm going to do something a little weird. I'm going to give away pairs of grips to people who make posts that make me laugh, cry, make sense or show compassion to other less than expert Rotor-burners.
Here's how it's going to work.
When I find a post I think is deserving (for whatever reason I think) I will post either:
"Dude, get a grip!" or
"Sounds like you got a grip on it"
The phrase could be a simple one liner or embedded in other dialogue.

Then it's up to you to PM me your name address and bike color, and I'll send a set of Imperial grips and bar ends out to you.
Simple huh!
A) You don't mention grips, he does.
B) posts that 'make me laugh, cry, make sense or show compassion to other less than expert Rotor-burners', not posts that retell shit stories and shit jokes...

Last edited:

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was very impressed when I read DHD's first post in this thread, firstly for the thought and generosity of the promotion, and then for the fact that I hoped it may result in a higher level of informative and overall calibre of posts showing up on Rotorburn...

Then I read the next 3 pages of posts... :(

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
welljust reading through all the posts here made ME laugh but i'm not sure it was for the right reasons:eek:

binner

Hath shat hymself
forums are a funny thing

I think you will find that SOME of us who are replying to Bill are actually having a bit of fun at Bill's cost.... (injokes)

So, all of you settle down and go back to whatever it is you were doing before you stumbled up on this thread.

Sorry for all the confusion...;)...

LeeD

Likes Dirt
And not in this thread you pack of retards!
Did any of you guys actually understand "comprehension" when it was taught to you at school?

Traumaboy

Likes Dirt
Plan's foiled by bucket

The other day at work I was using the milling machine and I was reducing the size of a block of mild steel with a uni mill cutter, as the cutter was high speed steel you need coolant. Well the coolant kept running of the back of the milling bed and on to the floor. I tried paper towling to soak it up so it wouldn't go every where. I worked but I was using allot of paper. I found one of the buckets that we use to fill the machines with coolant and thought that will catch the over flow coolant and prevent it from going all over the floor. It was working great so I stopped paying attention to the coolant in the bucket. After a few more cuts I went back to the fitting room to grab some tools I had forgotten to bring out to the mill in the first place and I looked down to see the bucket that was once half full to be empty, I looked at the floor around the mill there was coolant everywhere it was like a coolant lake. After looking over the bucket I had realised that I had been too stupid to not check that the bucket had a crack in it and just assumed it was fine.
The moral of this story is to not rely on anyone else in your work place to replace or maintain anything even if it is just a bucket.

My sob story of the week!

StInKy LoVeR

Likes Dirt
Stop trying to be funny in this thread, if you want the grips so badly there only like $15 go and pay that instead of posting silly shit.

bighitben

Likes Dirt
hmmm.....not real sure whether you are trying to tell people you are cool or got ripped off?
Well even though that is expensive, when he said "just go buy grips for $15" i said that mine were $50, (not trying to be cool, a lot of them are), because i doubt that you could get decent DH grips for $15, lowest i've seen is JetBlack ones for $30.

If you can get decent grips for $15 please tell me.

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well even though that is expensive, when he said "just go buy grips for $15" i said that mine were $50, (not trying to be cool, a lot of them are), because i doubt that you could get decent DH grips for $15, lowest i've seen is JetBlack ones for $30.

If you can get decent grips for $15 please tell me.
Check the link in dhd's sig. Since you don't know, dhd actually owns a DH bike store in Canberra called DownHillDirect (DHD), hence the 'Get a Grip' Promo and thread. DHDirect sells 'Imperial' and 'Bilt' products mainly. Imperial DH grips are quality and are $15.