Dirt Jump Etiquette

would the development of DJ etiquette be helpful - provided people followed it?

• Total voters

Ryan

Radministrator
I Like The Idea Of Rules
Me ANd My Mate Build This Little Gap Jump Just To Have Fun On Over The Hollies And We Built It Had Fun On It For About A Hour We Went Home Came Back The Next Day Somebody had distroyed it (in the space of like 8 hours)
Annoyed Me Quite A Bit
You forgot to capitalise 8 words in that sentence, pick your act up ;)

xander1

Likes Bikes
I can tell you that since my last post our jumps got found by a number of people who disrespected them and the secrecy of them which led to the discovery of them by the powers that be and all that is left is a flat dozed area in place of what was once a dirt artwork. this is the reason that some of us rather noone rides jumps that aren't theirs. nothing worse to spend hundreds of hours into something to find that it's destroyed in afew minutes. that is all..

craigh1

Banned
i agree with rule four on page one if u dont bulid the jumps dont change them if they were bloody tops in the start they will still be bloody tops so dont touch kids leave djs how they are.

padstow

Likes Bikes
there is no way these rules will work eva, there r people who rek jumps coz they can and motto's jump em and little kids jumps all over them and yer....riders my have etiquette but most of the time its not riders who rek them

mitchy123

Likes Dirt
i wish this would work, but theres people out there that think there the best and do what they want. its a good idea but i dont think it will work.

Harry B

Likes Dirt
Rule 5

Rule 5: Don't Build what only get's in the way of a good run

My brother is a rule breaker of this one, like when he put ruts in front of the jump and you can't get speed.:mad::mad::mad:

theovaso

Cannon Fodder
Theo ride 4 specialized

:)i skid on the track not in ur pants so yeah i ride at mount keria their sum realy good tracks out their so if u go make u dont skid in ur pants just go 4 it pain is good

Last edited:

nickhagee

Likes Dirt
i think that if you find the jumps after theyre built all you have to do is make friends with the builders and then help them maintain them as best as possible.

rgsupergrover

Likes Dirt
Helping out with digging is the only way you can earn the right to ride their spot and the only way you will conceivably earn the right to have input on the way the trails progress in the future.

I must disagree with this, however not totally. I think that you must have permission. Otherwise this article should be stuck up everywhere and the rule breakers have their legs removed. :)

BOOTH2

Likes Bikes
Having other people ride and ruin your beautiful jumps is the most annoying thing possible. Me and three other guys build a few jumps in a secret location and almost every weekend we come back and have to repair them for an hour or two because some other tools have been riding them and stuffing them up.
HAVING OTHERS DESTROY YOUR JUMPS IS SO FRUSTRATING!

matty hall

Likes Dirt
dude i completly agree with these rules, my trails that i built with some mates have been rewined evry time we build them up by kids. but the most annoying thing is when your not building jumps in there they dont go in there and the moment you start digging there are crowds of little 5 year olds stealing your shovels to go and try to built a jump. The place i build at has been knocked down about 4 times by the council and about 10000000000 times by f*#@ing little kids. :mad:

big geoff

Likes Dirt
rule 34: Anyone found riding a thumpster over or even near jumps will have their helmet removed with a shovel.

Fuc@ing 50cc clowns totally flattened the cardinia jumps a couple of summers ago. Also the stuff about all the little turds out there that crash cry and sue is totally fuc%ed. If you can't ride or your a little mommas boy then stay the hell at home on my space or whatever it is you twats do.:mad:

Alpha-J

Likes Bikes
rule 34: Anyone found riding a thumpster over or even near jumps will have their helmet removed with a shovel.

Fuc@ing 50cc clowns totally flattened the cardinia jumps a couple of summers ago. Also the stuff about all the little turds out there that crash cry and sue is totally fuc%ed. If you can't ride or your a little mommas boy then stay the hell at home on my space or whatever it is you twats do.:mad:
Best rant, ever! Love it, and totally agree. I hate it when my jumps are trashed little chumps who then trash themselves and the council builds park benches over all the run-ups. And the 50cc pricks? Ripping up our trails with their noise n' shit...should put up a trip wire because you can hear them coming a week away!

ticka

Squid
martial law

I'm an adamant supporter for having a code of ethics and all that. Fact is, however, there are massive numbers of inconsiderate, arrogant, limp-wristed pricks out there who aren't going to take any notice of the code unless it's enforced. I say just declare martial law and they'll catch on quick enough... That's what Chuck Norris would do.