Disney buying the Star Wars empire!

Ackland

chats d'élevage
My fatal flaw was having read the books. For some sadistic reason I enjoy seeing things I've read the end into film. I assume it is about visualising so evening I have enjoyed imagining. It ready works out well.
I'm both nervous and excited about the Witcher but haven't brought myself to watch it.

Star wars episode 9 was such a let down...
I'm tired of the Mandalorian's formulaic approach already.

Rogue one has been the best to come out of the Disney acquisition.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm both nervous and excited about the Witcher but haven't brought myself to watch it.

Star wars episode 9 was such a let down...
I'm tired of the Mandalorian's formulaic approach already.

Rogue one has been the best to come out of the Disney acquisition.
I haven't watched the Mandalorian yet. I may not. I dislike the formulaic approach Netflix uses and am sure Disney do similar

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I'll have you know that old school Disney told fantastic stories. Bambi is very compelling viewing and nothing will get my tears flowing faster than the Fox and the hound.
Alice in Wonderland was my cup of tea. Loved that shit

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can we bitch and moan about how shit ep9 was here? Cause fuck me..! Sure it's better than phantom menace + the last Jedi, but only just.
Saw it yestersay and quite liked it. Only thing in find annoying is goong over the top in cgi ships to.make things look epic. Just makes it look silly to me. But then i also found gondor way overdone in LOTR.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Saw it yestersay and quite liked it. Only thing in find annoying is goong over the top in cgi ships to.make things look epic. Just makes it look silly to me. But then i also found gondor way overdone in LOTR.
You didn't find all those character cameos patronising? I wanted to puke.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You didn't find all those character cameos patronising? I wanted to puke.
Pretty much expected it as it tried to wrap up the series. Some things felt forced like we forget to lead up properly so here's a jump in the story but overall i thought it a fun movie. Otoh inwantrd to wall oit of rogue one as it felt like they dragged it out to include more toy models to sell. How many versions of a walker do kids want? As many as you can put in a movie it seems

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
My fatal flaw was having read the books. For some sadistic reason I enjoy seeing things I've read the end into film. I assume it is about visualising so evening I have enjoyed imagining. It ready works out well.

I watched the 1944 adaptation of hemmingway's to have and have not, not too long ago. It was so dissimilar to the novel it may as well have had a different name.
Same, books into screen is fun in a lot of ways, not the least of which is picking apart how shit a job they did.

Most of the Michael Crichton adaptations have gone well, even great.

World war z was fucking woeful, and probably hurt book sales in its wake. Bloody excellent book too

The road was a rare case where I thought the movie was heaps better than the novel.

Fear and loathing in Las Vegas. Seriously, almost word for word, scene for scene identical to the book. And about the only role Johnny Depp was custom built for

Earlier Stephen King stuff was hard to watch. Poor acting, low budget, and if you didn't know the books you missed out on a lot of really dark places. Has been getting better more recently though, the mist was great, and 1408 was actually frightening.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I enjoyed the story of rogue one, but felt the film was a touch longer than it needed to be.

Spoiler! Spoiler!!! You've been warned.

I don't think there was any need to have lando, wedge, or han pop in to the film... especially those first 2. Neither added anything but fan service to the story and undermined the character's previous roles. Han returning was just odd, especially give Ford's long dislike of the films. I guess he likes money a whole lot more.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Same, books into screen is fun in a lot of ways, not the least of which is picking apart how shit a job they did.

World war z was fucking woeful, and probably hurt book sales in its wake. Bloody excellent book too

The road was a rare case where I thought the movie was heaps better than the novel.

Fear and loathing in Las Vegas. Seriously, almost word for word, scene for scene identical to the book. And about the only role Johnny Depp was custom built for

Earlier Stephen King stuff was hard to watch. Poor acting, low budget, and if you didn't know the books you missed out on a lot of really dark places. Has been getting better more recently though, the mist was great, and 1408 was actually frightening.

Train spotting is another good adaptation.

Fear and loathing is a great film adaptation.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Rogue one was about the only one I like of the modern series. Lack of actual story planning is a bit of an issue.
Same. Hard to pinpoint what I exactly think of most of them, they just seemed 'meh'. Almost nothing memorable, nothing fun, and way to caught up in cameos from the original cast.

Rouge one (deliberate mistook) on the other hand, has a pile of fun going on and a host of enjoyable characters that all die before they get a chance to really get on your nerves

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
No Country for Old Men and The Road are pretty faithful too.

Faithful isnt always the .let important thing either. I quite enjoyed last of the Mohicans in both book and film, but they are almost 2 entirely different stories.

link1896

Mr Greenfield

Did “the stand” even have a budget?

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Watched the season finale of Mandalorian, the directing by Taika Waititi was excellent.
Half-way through The Witcher, never read the books but played Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and the deviations from the game have been interesting and also filling in some holes in Geralt's back story.
Haven't seen the final Star Wars movie, but I just really haven't been willing to pay the price to watch movies on the big screen for a while.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Season 2 might get there.... I have spoken
It is the way :)

Hope it’s a bit longer ... 8 episodes is way too few and just a tease.

I’m enjoying the Witcher as well ... the Netflix series is my first exposure to the universe. The time thing or dimensional thing was hard to get around, but pretty cool characters