Does iPhone 5 eat dicks?

Plow King

Little bit.
Getting your dick eaten particularly by an attractive member of society is usually concidered a good thing so I'm not sure if the title refers to the amazingness of the iphone or the later.

CorpSe

Squid
bluetooth me some music....ohhhh thats right you have an apple..... bluetooth is only for headsets and the like hahahaaa

check out this song...shit man thats song rips, bluetooth it too me... fark its failing...what phone do you have...ohhh lol its an apple

geez man love you music collection on your pc....can i hook up my phone and put some music on it.... yeah go for it.... lol you own an apple it wont do it... no its ok i traded up and got an S3 ...drag n drop baby

android open platform ....apple closed locked down platform ....kk i know you can jailbrake it...not the latest though...

lol.... its not the size of your phone that matters its the way you swing it....

apple has some really cool features ....

android has some really cool features....

the answer all depends on how you want to use the products and how fat your wallet is...

whether or not you want to double up your music collection...(pc users owning apples etc).... or if you want to be tethered to one computer or not...

everyone wants something different

best answer, buy what makes you happy.....

moorey

call me Mia
Dude, I'm coming on 42. My taste in music, therefore my music collection is pretty much set in stone. Like I give a flying fuck about the latest lame offering that JJJ tells me I have to listen to, and share with by besties. I've sync'd about 100 of my favorite punk and metal albums from 70s to 90s, that'll keep me happy for now.
Iisten mainly to podcasts anyway, which upgrade automatically through wifi. That'll do pig, that'll do..

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
Sony Xperia Z?

Has anyone got one? I'm bored with my iphone so am tossing up between a Samsung Galaxy S3 (or S4 when finally released) and Sony Xperia Z. So far I've read good things of the Xperia, a couple questions though.

1. Can you get Strava on the Xperia? Very important! Also would I lose my data from my iphone?

2. Is there an actually app store? I can't find it and want to know what kind of apps are available, game apps, music apps etc.

3. Is downloading music on an Xperia or Galaxy as painful as iphones? I hate itunes with a passion.

4. General thoughts on the Xperia vs Galaxy? I like the fact the Xperia is waterproof as thats how I killed my last iphone :rip: and the Xperia also has a 13mp camera whereas the Galaxy only has an 8mp, however I know the S4 will come out with a 13mp when it's finally released.

Thanks guys and girls... I am struggling to decide :noidea:

Last edited:

markb84

Likes Dirt
1. Can you get Strava on the Xperia? Very important! Also would I lose my data from my iphone?
Strava stores all data on a server, I use 2 different phones for my strava and both sync up. You just have to log in with your account.

2. Is there an actually app store? I can't find it and want to know what kind of apps are available, game apps, music apps etc.
It's built on Andriod gingerbread OS so should be able to use Android apps (don't know for certain though)

3. General thoughts on the Xperia vs Galaxy? I like the fact the Xperia is waterproof as thats how I killed my last iphone :rip: and the Xperia also has a 13mp camera whereas the Galaxy only has an 8mp, however I know the S4 will come out with a 13mp when it's finally released.
No idea

wombat

Lives in a hole
Was close to getting an xperia z, loved the waterproofing, but I think for now I'll wait and see what the new HTC feels like, the xperia just wasn't quite "right" somehow. Of course if I end up blowing too much on a new bike I might just go budget and grab a nexus 4.

Knut

Troll hunter
Well Moorey,

I bought a new iphone 5 in November. I rated it at first. Even said so on this thread.

That purchase was the biggest heap of shit that I have ever forked out money for in my entire life. Not only did it download 5 meg in its first night at home, it also went to work when it was switched off and the data turned off. How the hell that works is beyond me. So I had the data off over the week of Christmas. Which made the unit useless, might have well taken a string and two tin cans to Tassie. When in Hobart, the Telstra dude tries to tell me I have been watching videos. You Tube etc. I explained to him that one of the biggest wankers I know can't watch videos for 27 hours straight. So to fix all of my problems, he reset the phone. Lost all of my music and contacts. What a retard. Warning: Do not let a Tasmanian near your phone.

Once I had left the set for Lord of the Rings and finally arrived back home, I tried to deal with the cast from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom on the phone. This was a waste of time and frustrating is not the tip of it. After three months of bills over a grand per month. Which I refused to pay.

So after ten store visits and who knows how many phone calls. I cracked it. Told them I am coming back into the store, handing my phone over and ending the contract. Today.

The guys at the Geelong store were awesome. They sorted everything out from start to finish. The total bill was reduced to $75 and off I trotted with my new Samsung Galaxy Note II. Just an awesome bit of kit.

Get a phone from these guys they are on the money. As for the iPhone 5....

Last edited:

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
If you are technically clueless... get an iphone... They are easy to use but don't give much in the way of customization.

If you know how to use technology or are not afraid to explore... android.

I can't stand all the stupid copyright programming built into the iphone, that and I do not like having to use a program to interface with my phone (zune and itunes). I love the fact that it becomes like a usb drive, love all the options to control whatever you want (like the Windows phones before 7).

Would I spend my money on an iphone... no but that is because I know how to use the thing. Would I recommend it for my grandma... Yes because she had more of a chance to understand it.

That being said I hate the new Windows 8... and will be going to linux shortly. So I guess that explains who would use iphones and who wouldn't.
Oh and at uni... Most popular phone is the galaxy s3 and other androids. All are sick of how controlling the programming is for the iphones.

That and I have not seen an iphone at uni without a shattered screen

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Today my wife dropped her iphone 5 in the car park at the shops. She got home and realized she was phoneless. Retuned to the shops and walks in and a guy in the caffe says "I know that kid. Have you lost a phone"
Someone had handed it in and he recognized my daughter from photos on the phone.
She gets the phone back but it's been run over in the car park. Amazingly it still works. She brought it to me at work and it looked a mess. The Otter box case was all squashes and distorted and you could tell the screen had been pressed into the ground. The screen cover was coming off and all pitted.
I pulled the screen cover off expecting the worst. Looked ok. I pulled the cover off also expecting to find a smashed phone.
The phone is perfect. Not a mark on it. We can't believe it. Very lucky X2.
The Otter Box Commuter cover seems to have absorbed and distributed all the load. I've already ordered a replacement cover as it sure seems to have paid off.
I highly recommend Otter Box cases.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
That and I have not seen an iphone at uni without a shattered screen

you can crack an iPhone and do custom setups. i haven't bothered as there's a fair bit you can do without jailbreaking it. plenty of apps to make your own ringtones too if that's what you're after. there's apps for just about anything...

my 4 is still in good working order apart from a worn home screen button two years later. my adult daughter's Galaxy shit itself after five months. I'm fairly sure her last Android smartphone didn't last much longer than that.

as for a shattered screen, i have NFI how it happens to other people, since having the iPhone 4 and now the 5 i just use a cheap ebay knockoff screen cover and hard case and i've dropped mine, trod on it, even stacked the bike with it in my pocket and haven't a mark on it. gone thru a few cheap cases tho.

The Otter Box Commuter cover seems to have absorbed and distributed all the load. I've already ordered a replacement cover as it sure seems to have paid off.

I highly recommend Otter Box cases.

just had a look, they do look like nice kit.

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
Had an iPhone 3 (now 4 years old) which my daughter now uses to watch kids shows on in the car, then an iPhone 4 which is now 3 years old that my wife now uses. I have had an iPhone5 now since December. None of them have any major protection like an otter box case or similar. Not one smashed screen. I don't know what people do with their phones to keep smashing screens!

It's like saying "I keep running into things in my car and it keeps denting. It's shit!"

Last edited:

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
I liked the look of the 'Lifeproof' cases for iphone. They may not be as strong as as the otterbox case but they are waterproof and dust proof and aren't overly bulky.

If I was keeping my iphone i'd buy one. I'm still deciding between a sony xperia and a galaxy s3! The s4 is out of the question as the plan will be too expensive.

The other thing is are the S3 and XperiaZ that much better than the iphone4 to even worrying about upgrading? The iphone does everything I want but the plans on the new phones are exactly the same price.

Last edited:

willsy01

Eats Squid
I don't know what people do with there phones to keep smashing screens!

It's like saying "I keep running into things in my car and it keeps denting. It's shit!"
^^^This.

I've come to the conclusion that the majority of people are just retarded. The only phone i've busted was my old Nokia 8250.....had it in my pocket and walked into the corner of a table.

jackass'd

Likes Dirt
If I ever left the iphone (the new screen size shits me), I would only go with a nexus device. Fuck all those skins that the telco carriers put over android before passing the phones onto the public. Makes updating a bitch.

At least with a nexus device, it runs pure android.

I liked the look of the 'Lifeproof' cases for iphone. They may not be as strong as as the otterbox case but they are waterproof and dust proof and aren't overly bulky.

If I was keeping my iphone i'd buy one. I'm still deciding between a sony xperia and a galaxy s3! The s4 is out of the question as the plan will be too expensive.
Lifeproof cases are legit. My 4S has been in one since May last year. Its been underwater while I have been diving/snorkeling OS, survived a massive MTB stack (using the lifeproof bike mount) and been dropped, knocked, wacked about a million times (usually alcohol related) and been drowned a few times too.

Take it out of the case, looks all pretty and new :)

wombat

Lives in a hole
you can crack an iPhone and do custom setups. i haven't bothered as there's a fair bit you can do without jailbreaking it. plenty of apps to make your own ringtones too if that's what you're after. there's apps for just about anything...
I don't have an iPhone, but the girl has a pad, so same shit. It's definately nice enough to use, and because I don't use it much, I probably didn't really grasp the problems with itunes/ios restrictiveness, until she asked me to put some ebooks on it for her.

On my Android tab (and phone) I just copy the files from the PC to the folder I want them in on the device, or email them to myself and download them. Then pick my ereader app of choice (often depends on file type), select the file and presto, I'm reading.

Want to do it on the ipad? Well forget drag and drop. First of all you need to add it to your itunes library, then sync your ipad with that computer. That alone caused all sorts of issues with books purchased from the itunes store not wanting to transfer onto the computer properly, which was stupid enough. Eventually though, the files were on the ipad, and opened up in ibooks. Problem was, the formatting was a bit funky in ibooks, so she wanted to try them in an alternative app.

"No worries" I think, just start downloading apps, open the file and see what it looks like. Not fucking likely! Despite the fact that the epub is obviously stored on the ipad somewhere because ibooks can read it, it doesn't actually exist as a file that another app can access. To do that, you need to download it to the ipad specifically for the other app! You need to duplicate the same file, in the same format, just so that it can be accessed by different apps! That is bloody rediculous.

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
Why on earth would you want to use one of those stupid bulky cases. I want a thin phone that fits in the pocket easily no matter what.

This is why everyone's phones are broken at uni. You can drop a galaxy... You can't with the iphones.

I would rather use a phone in the skin it comes in. .. not some otter case which I agree makes the phone indestructible but is massive and rubbery so way too grippy. Screen covers damage picture quality so they are out too.

The galaxy I have is looked after but cops abuse from time to time. . And it's still working perfectly.

And as for all your "clever" apps on the I products... You can get the same apps for the Android and are normally free for the same program which you would be paying for.

And as for the question about there being much difference between the s3 and iphone 4... Go use one the s3 is a lot better. .. especially once you start to realize all the motion and 'made for human apps' which are built into the phone let alone the far superior screen and size and the fact that the battery will last all day even with constant Internet use

The s3 is far superior to the iphone 5 in my eyes. .. Let alone the s4. I barely use a computer for surfing the net these days as the phone is good enough now.

Last edited: