Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
There's no real thread for dodgy bike shops so putting it here. My neighbour went to the LBS, Trek in Phillip ACT to get them to look at a bike which he'd bought privately off one of the employees, so thought the guy might look after him. His headeet was loose, and the BB/crank area had a creak. He asked me to keep an eye out for a new bike as the shop said "nah mate, that's stuffed and will cost more than the bike cost you to buy" which was $400.

I had a quick look, removed a 1mm spacer and added a 3mm spacer to the head tube, good as new in about 60 seconds. Going to send him to Mal (adjusted) for the BB and a general check over of the rest as I am not sure of the exact source of the creak and it needs new bar tape (it's some unheard of by me generic made in China road bike brand) but it the creak isn't terrible so at least he can ride the bike in the meantime.

Minlak

custom titis
To me this is a true douchebag.
I am sure in his mind he thinks the Deity stuff is an upgrade and he does say he will give you all the original parts - The problem with all addons is they add nothing to the value - You already expected a handle bar and grips etc.

Its like adding mag wheels to a car - the car already had wheels I am not paying you more for prettier ones.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I am sure in his mind he thinks the Deity stuff is an upgrade and he does say he will give you all the original parts - The problem with all addons is they add nothing to the value - You already expected a handle bar and grips etc.

Its like adding mag wheels to a car - the car already had wheels I am not paying you more for prettier ones.
I was actually referring to the amount he spent on it, the fact he rode it all of 100km, found it unbelievable and then gave up...

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Old Revs being advertised as “mint” that look like they have stanchion coating wear for $750!!!!View attachment 370027View attachment 370028
You know that's a carbon steerer, and titanium damper right? Carbon + covid + titanium is like triple word score in scrabble, if he stuck that on an s-works bike it'd be worth roughly a small tropical island

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk