Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
True, but I'd imagine that if your commute has a decent downhill trail in it, you'd be having to ride up going the other way.
Seller mentions a train. Perhaps it is all urban dh one way and a train the other.

Dafuq is this?!

eBay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/331996339703

(part of me is oddly attracted to it, I'd buy it if it was cheap but wouldn't ride it in public)
Downhill race prototype? So a uni students design project...

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think that's a ploy that ebay sellers use when they're stocked out, but they don't want the listing to drop down in the ratings (or something like that).
Those 24 probably paid like $100 or whatever they actually go for, but now they're waiting for more stock so they jack the price up and hope no one wants any until they come in stock. If someone does want one for $10k, they could probably source one fairly quickly.

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
I think that's a ploy that ebay sellers use when they're stocked out, but they don't want the listing to drop down in the ratings (or something like that).
Those 24 probably paid like $100 or whatever they actually go for, but now they're waiting for more stock so they jack the price up and hope no one wants any until they come in stock. If someone does want one for $10k, they could probably source one fairly quickly.
yep out of stock....saves them $$$/time i guess relisting...? also gday xavo ;)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ebay and PayPal are also a great way to move money around the place with out attracting attention. And look its under the magical 10K limit that banks have to report you moving.
PayPal don't keep secrets. But if there was evidence of a reason for the transaction, far be it from the system put a price on bikes.

Flow-Rider

Burner
How serious do you take your tyre pumps ?

A Christmas special turned up in my emails from Pushys but seriously who the fuck would buy a bike pump for over $600?

It must push some golden coated dust into your tyres for that much. I know there is some wank shit around but this gotta be a joke.

pump.JPG

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ive looked into this before as a fancy pants wedding gift for a riding friend, one of those weddings that's also a funeral. I couldn't convince the other couple of pricks to throw in for it though. The pump body is made from cast sterling silve and some of the fittings are gold plated in 18c. It's pure wank, but also pretty fancy. Get on it!

Flow-Rider

Burner
I bought a plastic Bluemels hand pump when I was a kid about 33 odd years ago for $5 and still have it. It's in perfect working order and at the time it was also rebuildable. That pump for $600 would want to last 3960 years in my eyes.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I bought a plastic Bluemels hand pump when I was a kid about 33 odd years ago for $5 and still have it. It's in perfect working order and at the time it was also rebuildable. That pump for $600 would want to last 3960 years in my eyes.
Hand pump? Sure - I bet you use that to seat all your tubeless tyres :heh:

Juan Dinger

Likes Bikes
Considering $5 33 years ago now equates to about $1000, it makes that $600 pump good value !! :bolt:

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I've got one as well in schrader and bought at about the same time. It has pumped up 1000's of tyres and never needed anything more than a bit of grease.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Hand pump? Sure - I bet you use that to seat all your tubeless tyres :heh:
Nah, I was bought a 15cfm air compressor about twenty something years ago, still has the original drive belts and oil in it for that. The only money I spent on it was a capacitor blew in the electric motor.

Considering $5 33 years ago now equates to about $1000, it makes that $600 pump good value !! :bolt:
I don't think I would of had that sort of equivalent money in those days.

I've got one as well in schrader and bought at about the same time. It has pumped up 1000's of tyres and never needed anything more than a bit of grease.
Yeah they were good pumps, I wanted the steel model but the LBS said they no longer made one.
I'm surprised I still have it because there was a patch of thorns on my footpath and most of my mates would get a puncture and borrow it quite often.