Downhill track close to train?

mtb_champ

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey all, I am still a kid and don't have a car and parents rarley drive me to tracks so I am just wondering are there any DH tracks within riding of a train station in Melbourne, sort of around the Eastern Suburbs, I am NOT asking you to give me out your 'secret tracks', but tracks that are well known, and if you don't want to post it up for everyone to see, there is always PM's ;). Don't flame me for asking....

rickazz

Likes Dirt
dandenongs would be your best bet.
get off at boronia station and its probably a 5km ride to all the mtb riding at the base of the mountain and from there you can walk up the track or just ride all the stuff around the bottom.
the track finishes basically at glasgow and sheffeild roads and then there a track that leads you into the bush.

Mitch

NASHWORTH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you wanted to travel a bit further the You-yangs are a 15 min ride from the little river train station.

mtb_champ

Likes Bikes and Dirt
never thought about youies, thanks.

and if only i knew where most of riding is at dandy :(, i only know where olinda golf course is but could never find the tracks.

thanks everyone.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
hursstyyyyyyyy even through i havnt been there in a good ..... 3 years, wonder how its going.

rickazz

Likes Dirt
hursstyyyyyyyy even through i havnt been there in a good ..... 3 years, wonder how its going.
i think hursty got demolished well half of it atleast because they logged the place. could just be a rumour i havnt been there myself just heard it from few people.

Mitch

allan_key

Likes Dirt
Well

Behold us folks living out here in the sticks have the Answer to your Question!

Yes Hursty did get logged, which is basicly the center valley is now one big open hill with out trees (the trees are all pilled at the bottom of the rock drop in the middle of the valley, quite pointless logging it if you ask me as none of the trees have been actully removed)

But there are still tracks working at hursty, i ride there from time to time, cheak the myspace for pics if you are interested further.

Oh and its only a 5min ride from the station and its a very easy ride at that.

For more info Pm me

cheers mike

DownhillerDeano

Doesn't want a custom title!
If you wanted to travel a bit further the You-yangs are a 15 min ride from the little river train station.

15 mins on a DH bike? Doubtful?!!:rolleyes: Be more than that and the time you get there you would have the 'cbf' to walk up the hill, regardless of whether you enter via back car park or great circle drive/stockies car park

Likes Dirt
15 mins on a DH bike? Doubtful?!!:rolleyes: Be more than that and the time you get there you would have the 'cbf' to walk up the hill, regardless of whether you enter via back car park or great circle drive/stockies car park
For a while some mates and i rode out on DH bikes in full kit most weekends, to do push runs all day, i think we did it in about 20 min flat out one day to catch the train home from little river. you have to be keen tho.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
its a good 15 minutes drive from the station to the top carpark.

i have riden it though, to the bottom car park. its not fun riding any where with cars hooning past at 100+ is not fun. but doable.

patto94

Likes Dirt
Maybey if you hook up a ride with some one who is going to kingers or similar and then yep there is a ride at a down hill track:D

Last edited:

LBizzle

Likes Dirt
Yeah it took me well over 15mins when i did it but if you were keen you could probebly do it in 20-30mins but its not a hard ride just long.

LBizzle

Likes Dirt

Gerra456gt

Likes Dirt
i think you were ment to post in this thread http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?t=125694
as the track in the google map link is in NSW;).
no i dont think so;) i live in melb there are two Studley Parks if you click on the vic map it show you where it is! hop off the train at Victoria Parks station ride down Johnston st towards kew and you will see yarra blvd. one of the tracks is near Dights fall the other is where the city look out , mind you the city look out tracks are more extreme xc than dh but is still full when your going down fast.:D

Last edited:

LBizzle

Likes Dirt
no i dont think so;) i live in melb there are two Studley Parks if you click on the vic map it show you where it is! hop off the train at Victoria Parks station ride down Johnston st towards kew and you will see yarra blvd. one of the tracks is near Dights fall the other is where the city look out , mind you the city lock out tracks are more extreme xc than dh but is still full when your going down fast.:D
Oh:eek: Sorry mate didn't relise there was one in melbourne.

Howie66

Likes Dirt
Hey guys

I live 5 minutes drive from the you yangs, but i have to get train to little river from lara then ride out. (No licence :p)

I just dont bother anymore, by the time i get there i am absolutely farked, pedalling a dh bike for 40 mins, plus trying to carry all protective gear etc etc.. There really nothing worse..

I have 6 weeks to go (get my licence back, long story.. hahaha) but then you will see me out there all the time!

But yeh, it takes exactly 40 mins. And thats with rear suspension adjusted really tight. If anyone does decide to do it, make sure you adjust your suspension otherwise it will take you longer..

Cheers, and good luck if you do attempt it, cos its a shit ride..

Howie

Last edited: