Downhill world championships: Pick the winning time and win a prize

Rem

Likes Dirt
It will remain a big WTF for me with Miriam's time.
No disrespect for Miranda but she has been more than 10sec behind the top 5 girls the whole season, Tracey make second right next to Miranda's time after a monster crash, means she would of smash her by more than 10 sec, and Miriam lost by fuck all after that bullshit story with the timing systems.
I was on the rock garden when the girls were racing and Miriam was carrying a good speed thru the rock garden, if she didn't had moment the whole run, it hard to believe Miranda could be that fast on such a loose track. Anyways it's done now, but they will be a lot of question mark unanswered on this run. Timing system don't failed that bad...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
Get off the meth, dude.
Sentiment or post structure?
I'm of the same basic sentiment. Reckon the timing on that run was completely out...beyond just putting her 40+ down first split.
Too late now, but disappointing end to her career.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Sentiment or post structure?
I'm of the same basic sentiment. Reckon the timing on that run was completely out...beyond just putting her 40+ down first split.
Too late now, but disappointing end to her career.
End? She's retiring?

macca_1972

Likes Dirt
i thought the camera action/amount of cameras was worse than the commentary, but you're right red bull do a better job
The cameras ability to catch the action was severely limited by the track being so tightly hemmed in by rainforest on both sides. There was virtually no opportunity for creative camera angles, overhead shots or anything else that might be visually interesting. I saw a number of the cameramen as I made my way up the track and there was literally nowhere else they could have stood to capture the action and I believe they did about as good of a job as they could.

If the builders were allowed to clear more space around the track that would have helped in this regard (and with spectator access too!), but being a rainforest in a national park the chances of that are of course dead zero.

I guess what frustrated me more was that they weren't able to show the complete run of any riders (on the big screen at the bottom, which I assume was the same as the TV feed) due to the fact that riders were released at around 1 minute intervals - as one rider came across the line, the next one was well underway. The TV would show the first 30 sec or so of each run from a recording (from the start gate to around the bottom of the rock garden) and then cut to the live image somewhere approaching The Generator with just the fairly flat section remaining after that.

On the other hand if they only had a single rider on the course at a time, it wouldn't have finished before dark.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I guess what frustrated me more was that they weren't able to show the complete run of any riders (on the big screen at the bottom, which I assume was the same as the TV feed) due to the fact that riders were released at around 1 minute intervals - as one rider came across the line, the next one was well underway.
That's standard practice at any race you go to. Otherwise, as you said, you'll be there all day and night.

Flow-Rider

Burner
The cameras ability to catch the action was severely limited by the track being so tightly hemmed in by rainforest on both sides. There was virtually no opportunity for creative camera angles, overhead shots or anything else that might be visually interesting. I saw a number of the cameramen as I made my way up the track and there was literally nowhere else they could have stood to capture the action and I believe they did about as good of a job as they could
I would have thought they may have fixed rotating cameras on the ground or in trees pre-race to get a large coverage of the trail. Perhaps SBS hasn't a big enough budget for that sort of racing.

moorey

call me Mia
http://www.vitalmtb.com/features/Exclusive-2017-DH-World-Champion-Interviews,2012

have a listen to the audio....
Mik "23 years since I got my first second" wow. Still going to race.

Trace hit her head and that's why she did not get straight back up.
Pompon seems genuine too regarding her questioning of the time.
Yeah, Trace looked a bit senseless for a few seconds. I'm surprised she put a good finish in, while undoubtedly a bit groggy.
Well might Miriam question the time. Robbed.

Rem

Likes Dirt
Get off the meth, dude.
Just compare both girl timing during the year and check their differences. May be Miranda had a hell of a run on such a gnarly track where most of the pros girl crash.
May be.
I'm not saying Miriam got robbed 100% but this sounds pretty weird.
But may be you need to get off the meth too to get that.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Just compare both girl timing during the year and check their differences. May be Miranda had a hell of a run on such a gnarly track where most of the pros girl crash.
May be.
I'm not saying Miriam got robbed 100% but this sounds pretty weird.
But may be you need to get off the meth too to get that.

I'm not talking about your thoughts, I'm talking about your ability to write them down.

it like chinglish on there acid right.

Rem

Likes Dirt
Miriam just comment on FB that she made a big mistake on the top section but no crash therefore she couldn't believe she was more than 40sec back at the first split. That would explain her second place after time check.

moorey

call me Mia
Miriam just comment on FB that she made a big mistake on the top section but no crash therefore she couldn't believe she was more than 40sec back at the first split. That would explain her second place after time check.

I read she originally claimed a clean run...guess it depends on definition. Considering how long Tracey stayed down, I still would have thought she'd have it, but guess not.

peanut

Likes Dirt
I would have thought they may have fixed rotating cameras on the ground or in trees pre-race to get a large coverage of the trail. Perhaps SBS hasn't a big enough budget for that sort of racing.
I made my way down the track from the rock garden during the men's , I thought there was a camera man at Mick's drop & another at the whoops section, both mobile not fixed. My eye's could have deceived me as there were quite a few guys about wearing 'uci' bibs.
I got down to the finish for the last 10 riders & the coverage on the big screen showed most of the run but both the above spots were not shown.
I was surprised when I saw the highlights footage of how crap the coverage was,No wonder the pinkbike forum has their panties in a twist if that's the coverage they saw.
I will say the camera doesn't show how steep most of the track is & how much commitment is required to hit the bigger gaps & faster lines at race pace.