DRCC Dirt Jam

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
PRESS RELEASE: DRCC DIRT JAM

To Whom It May Concern:

The D’Aguilar Range Cycle Club would like to give you the opportunity to attend an extreme mountain biking event to be held on Sunday November 12. The event aims to increase the profile of bike riding, especially to youth culture. This community event is run by a DRCC which is a non-profit organization focussed at the grassroots level of the sport.

Current Australian representative, and professional rider, Darren Pokoj, is headlining the event. Darren is currently competing in the fastest growing aspect of the sport. He has won an international invitation event in Vienna, and also competed at the renowned Crankwork slopestyle competition in Whistler, Canada.

In 2005, we ran the event with nearly 100 competitors and around 300 spectators. With the reputation we gained from last year’s event, we are aiming to build on this in 2006. We invite all forms of media to be involved in the event to gain exposure to a broad demographic.

Please feel free to discuss anything regarding the event, or other promotions you may be running at any time.

Thanking you in advance for your support.

………………………………….

Gavin Finlay
Club President
3366 0379

Attachments

Last edited:

MATT_82

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah theyre having a dual slalom kinda thing to, im gonna enter that cant do many tricks yet:(
cyas there

custard

Banned
time to find a hardtail

whose B grade dirt jump and dual slalom with me:p

(its not sandbagging, i dont own a hardtail, or know how to ride one)

Kasplat

Likes Dirt
yeah theyre having a dual slalom kinda thing to, im gonna enter that cant do many tricks yet:(
cyas there
I second that....but can someone confirm that there is a dual slalom thing happening? definetly up for some class's tho!

DJ Dude

Likes Dirt
time to find a hardtail

whose B grade dirt jump and dual slalom with me:p

(its not sandbagging, i dont own a hardtail, or know how to ride one)
chea ryan i'll come do B grade with ya,

I'll see if i can win back to back squid grade hahahahaha

Last edited:

Quintin

Eats Squid
well if it actually IS at ashgrove (what kind of event description doesnt have a location??) then ill be in. Ryan im gonna hit up F grade on the V10 - i dont really have a credible hardtail to ride but a little bit of dual slalom would be fun even on the canoe.

Drew.

Eats Squid
Can we get a bit more info on the categories?

I saw on a flyer at toowoomba the categories are:
u15
u18
18+

Can anyone elaborate on this? Do you get a choice which set to jump? Any details?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Do you get a choice which set to jump?
haven't got anything concrete, but from what i've heard its just whatever jumps you want to hit (out of the two sets)... i might go have a chat to Gav about it tomorrow and come back with some solid info for you all

bowzaa

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just a heads up that the 12th is a sunday, so might wanna sort the 1st post out scott:p
Would be good to come up but needs to be later lol exams end like the day before:(

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
it does look like its on the sunday and not saturday, I've attached the flyer to the original post.

i like dirt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey guys not too sound stupid or anything but what would be some good tricks to know because i gotten ok at dirt jumping and thinkin or entering. but i really wanna have an idea if i have a chance or not like what other u15 would pull out or their bag of tricks.
i would really appreciate it if you replied to me.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
hey guys not too sound stupid or anything but what would be some good tricks to know because i gotten ok at dirt jumping and thinkin or entering. but i really wanna have an idea if i have a chance or not like what other u15 would pull out or their bag of tricks.
i would really appreciate it if you replied to me.
for a start, you don't have to win.. you can just enter and have fun. i know of at least one u15 BMX rider who will probably be there, and if he is will be doing things like one handed no footers, big whips and flatties, etc... you don't have to be pulling backflips and 360s to be in it and have a bit of fun..