DRCC Dirt Jam

will...

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not sure of the size coz they'll have to build them up before the comp... But the medium set are really easy, anyone who can jump can jump these.... The big set are a bit harder, havent hit them in a while tho......:eek:

<<<<:There's a pic of me hitting them a while ago

Gonna be a great comp!

Will

haydo

Likes Dirt
Gday Everyone

Try to clarify a few things.

Darren Pokoj will be running the clinic beforehand.

You can hit any jumps you want to (THe big two or the three to the left)

Full face not reqd for Dual

Jumps are being built up prior to the event and will be closed this tuesday (oct 31) afternoon. ALso there will be work on the big table and berm directly after for the Old Skool Slalom.

Old Skool Slalom is Head to Head ELimination. With "Best of 3" First round.

Entry fee covers one event only (ie. Jumps, clinic and Dual $30) but day licence will cover for all

Jump comp is meant to be a fun event. Categories will be in Dual and jumps and all in for the clinic.

BMX WELCOME

Post if you have any further questions

Last edited:

will...

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went up there today after school... They are looking sick, Props to Ashgrove Cycles/Roadie Rob and team for a job well done! I'll have pics by friday..

MATT_82

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah i was there this afternoon after school jumping them. they dont have a lot of airtime but they are good for tricking somehow(dunno how that works)
and the little jump after the tabletop is gone:D so now all they need is to be lipped up before the comp and theyll be sweet

Oppy

Likes Dirt
Hey guys please don't go modifying the jumps prior to the comp. There will be some touch-ups done by Ashgrove if they think the jumps need it. A lot of money has just been spent on redoing these please don't make a mess of them (just yet).

will...

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yer we are going to leave them alone as someone said that Ashgrove are doing them before the comp. I jumped them today, the Big Set is not an airtime jump anymore, and the mediums are really fun now, they just need lips!

MATT_82

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah was there with will again today, we had no intention of changing them because ashgrove said they were going to before the comp anyway. but the mediums are fun and the big set is small now because you dont get very high and they got rid of that stupid little tabletop after the big one and made the berm bigger. i will probably be there tommorow as well so pm me if anyones coming and i will look out for you

Matt

dyldo

Cannon Fodder
mtb licence

can i obtain a mtb licence at the dirt jam or do i have to get 1 from some were elese and if i do were from?:cool:

will...

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You can just fill out a form for a $15 Day Licence on the day. Better than going out and buying a full licence which are well over $50 I think.

-Jordan-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went there the other day. The big set is extremely easy now. Was hitting it on a 20+ downhill rig with ease. Nothing like they used to be.

Will be there as a photo bitch hopefully on Sunday, should be a good day, but I can't see people getting a whole lot of air off them? :confused:

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Will be there as a photo bitch hopefully on Sunday, should be a good day, but I can't see people getting a whole lot of air off them? :confused:
i'll be photobitchin' and riding, what day did you head up there? apparently they're getting tweaked for sunday

-Jordan-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i'll be photobitchin' and riding, what day did you head up there? apparently they're getting tweaked for sunday
Was up there on Wednesday from about 10 - 3 (started raining, didn't want to ruin the jumps :rolleyes: )

Really hope they are being fixed up a bit, just so can get a bit more air.

Apart from that though, they feel great - jumps and landings are very smooth and flowy. Mate of mine is loving the mulch stuff on the side too - great for crashing into apparently. :eek:

will...

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went there the other day. The big set is extremely easy now. Was hitting it on a 20+ downhill rig with ease. Nothing like they used to be.
Yeah today Haydo built up the 1st big one, more digging is happening tommorrow, soo much better now.