E-line the new French-line?

mark22

Likes Dirt
There is no way I'd pedal my bike through them big puddles, what other choice has he got but put it in the back of 4x4..

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn

Yep, emtb racing. Check out the dude on the stealth.. It is so similar to mtb racing it’s uncanny .
That was like watching a MX race, where everyone was limited to 1st gear.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I can't see how an ebike race can work unless it is an enduro type race with no timed uphills, if you factor in the motor either everyone has to have the exact same bike or it really doesn't work, even then how would you police it? Anyway the UCI is trying it aren't they, we'll see if makes any sense.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
An e bike passed me today on the road climb between trails on my local. He was flying and I would have thought the better ride would have been up the dirt, but this rider went straight up the road while I hit the dirt. So the answer all e bikes cutting cheat lines us to have tarmac near by.
I still want an ebike.

edit, it is ironic that the dirt trail he passed is called french connection given the title if this thread o_O

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
A mate had his first ride on his ebike with us the other day. He's 59 and was grinning like a 14 year old.

He was running rings around us on the climbs.

He was almost out of mountain biking after a stack at Tassie in March, we were just getting him back, and then an impulse buy recently and he's all in again!

That's the positive of the ebike. It'll push the rest of us that ride with him as well. Even still there'll be no keeping up on the climbs....

I'll be very strongly talking him out of any French lines! :p