eBikes - what's the current perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
Nah this dude lives down south and commutes along the bike paths and Adelaide Ave into town.
He's also the cunt that passes people at 60-70kph (can tell because he keeps up with traffic in an 80kph zone) with about 10cm gap for no apparent reason. Hence when I found out today who it was, I'm really not surprised at the outcome and seriousness of the injuries to the school kid.
Utter cunt. I really hope that he's been reported before now, so the police are able to establish a pattern of arsehat behaviour. Dude's 47 years old, so it's not like it's a young kid doing stupid shit that young kids do. Fuck him.

locksey

Squid
Haibike fullseven ebike from Yarra valley cycles, great shop, and their hire business and trail knowledge is tops. 2hr ride with my son yesterday my First tech ride in 10years. It was fantastic to ride a high end bike, and with the power Assist allow my 52yrs lard arse to climb switch backs and just enjoy. The bike allowed me to relax fairly early and it all just fell together. The power Assist made me less of a liability to other trail users, as my offs whilst climbing were only 2 this time. Which is an improve on what I used to do on my Povo bike at my highest fitness. Yeeeeeeew would like to see some positive chat on ebikes.
Guys... Take your blinkers off and talk to the silly old bastards slowly if necessary and teach them trail etiquette. Don't forget Young farts can be just a hard to teach as old farts.
Totally street legal only way to go. If you silly enough to build your own ebike, dump the thumb throttle it's illegal. And go towards the 40plus rear sprockets. But don't do it!..... just buy the real thing from your localbike shop (not an online store). Your local needs your support and you need theirs. If you ordering the haibike go top of range for the lowest 1st gear avail and the dropper post think 500 extra. Not sure what else as they already full spec enduro bikes anyway. Ask your local, then support your local. Even if they cant discount stupidly. Businesses have to survive to be there when we needed them. Check out the hrs at that shop In lillydale. My local in Ballarat opens 7days as well.

Sent from my X9079 using Tapatalk

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Thanks, I'm just Still high from the ride. And sore in most places.

Sent from my X9079 using Tapatalk
And your local ebike shop is open 7 days with great prices and service with a friendly smile! :becky::becky::becky::becky:

Ideate

Totally street legal only way to go. If you silly enough to build your own ebike, dump the thumb throttle it's illegal.
So is driving an unregistered trailer over to NSW from VIC. Like old mate said, do your own research but you're definitely on the money about them being awesome. There is a line but I don't think pedal assist deserves so much hate. Bit like 29" wheels being used in the WC.

There is a few good ebike forums around where you'll find plenty of that.
Yeah but they're not EXTREME (*echo).. You're going to cream over my top secret project Poo's. So will Moorebagz. You can cream on eachother!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah but they're not EXTREME (*echo).. You're going to cream over my top secret project Poo's. So will Moorebagz. You can cream on eachother!
This is going to be tricky. He is a vegan and I'm a T-Rex...not sure we will find a suitable cream like product that keeps us both happy. I like a bit of custard thrown in as well, and some baked apples.

slowmick

38-39"
This is going to be tricky. He is a vegan and I'm a T-Rex...not sure we will find a suitable cream like product that keeps us both happy. I like a bit of custard thrown in as well, and some baked apples.
Do your baked apples have sultanas in them? Brown sugar? Asking for a friend...

binner

Hath shat hymself
following

I follow these dudes cause they are pretty layed back n all, check out from 3min50 ebike ride

[video=youtube;Eka_rN0XW0Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eka_rN0XW0Y&lc=z12yyvzx1na4yfqkh23bwhmqusuty3ks1.1493826109518 922[/video]

carpetrunner

Likes Dirt
The end of the world as we know it...

From: "OEH NPWS Park Businesses Mailbox" <park.businesses@environment.nsw.gov.au>
Date: 21 Jun 2017 2:37 AM
Subject: NPWS Cycling Policy

Dear operator,

We would like to advise you of a recent update to the NPWS Cycling Policy which may be relevant to your business.

The change to the policy means that E-bikes, also known as pedalecs, up to 250 watts now have the same access to trails as human powered bicycles in NPWS managed parks and reserves.

To update your tour licence to include the use of e-bikes please:

1. Complete the Change Tour/licence application online at: http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/parksecopass/tourschedulemodification.htm

2. Provide a map of the location/area/tracks you wish to use, where possible using the trail name/s.

3. Complete the payment of $50.00 (minor amendment fee form attached)

Minor amendment fee does not apply for renewals or new licences

4. Submit to email park.businesses@environment.nsw.gov.au for processing

To find out more information on cycling in nationals parks please see the updated NPWS Cycling Policy at http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/topics/parks-reserves-and-protected-areas/park-policies/cycling.

Regards

Parks Eco Pass Support Team

Visitor Experience Branch

NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service
Bridge Street, Hurstville NSW 2627
T 02 9585 6082 F 02 9585 6457
W nationalparks.nsw.gov.au

stirk

Burner
From: "OEH NPWS Park Businesses Mailbox" <park.businesses@environment.nsw.gov.au>
Date: 21 Jun 2017 2:37 AM
Subject: NPWS Cycling Policy

Dear operator,

We would like to advise you of a recent update to the NPWS Cycling Policy which may be relevant to your business.

The change to the policy means that E-bikes, also known as pedalecs, up to 250 watts now have the same access to trails as human powered bicycles in NPWS managed parks and reserves.

To update your tour licence to include the use of e-bikes please:

1. Complete the Change Tour/licence application online at: http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/parksecopass/tourschedulemodification.htm

2. Provide a map of the location/area/tracks you wish to use, where possible using the trail name/s.

3. Complete the payment of $50.00 (minor amendment fee form attached)

Minor amendment fee does not apply for renewals or new licences

4. Submit to email park.businesses@environment.nsw.gov.au for processing

To find out more information on cycling in nationals parks please see the updated NPWS Cycling Policy at http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/topics/parks-reserves-and-protected-areas/park-policies/cycling.

Regards

Parks Eco Pass Support Team

Visitor Experience Branch

NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service
Bridge Street, Hurstville NSW 2627
T 02 9585 6082 F 02 9585 6457
W nationalparks.nsw.gov.au
Doesn't matter too much, NPWS have a hard time keeping out motos let alone policing how much power output an ebike has in their parks. Legit older/injured/lazy folk respectfully riding won't be a problem, hyena and his mates might be, coathanger those fuckwits.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Doesn't matter too much, NPWS have a hard time keeping out motos let alone policing how much power output an ebike has in their parks. Legit older/injured/lazy folk respectfully riding won't be a problem, hyena and his mates might be, coathanger those fuckwits.
But they ride so fast. How will you neurally process their speed fast enough?

More importantly, is carpetrunner going to update his tour licence?
True, that fee seems a bit rich!

Status
Not open for further replies.