eBikes - what's the current perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Yeah, that's a pretty low blow there man. I know I might be in the minority in my opinions, and if in a few years time everything I've said turns out to be completely wrong, I'll be willing to put up my hand and admit that I got it wrong. I've never stooped to abusing anyone else for their opinions though - I certainly don't think I've been rude to anyone in this discussion, even if I don't agree with what someone else says.
I was referring to moorey as the original (edited) quote was from your reply to him.

Chill bro.

Last edited:

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
I was referring to moorey....

Chill bro.
No dramas man, quotes made it look like it was directed at me.

FWIW, despite the disagreements I think referring to Moorey like that's a bit ordinary too...but then again I haven't been here that long, perhaps I need to give that more time :heh:

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
No dramas man, quotes made it look like it was directed at me.

FWIW, despite the disagreements I think referring to Moorey like that's a bit ordinary too...but then again I haven't been here that long, perhaps I need to give that more time :heh:
Won't need much longer......

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I'd also love to know - has anyone actually ever seen an e-Bike out on their trails? Or is everyone else - like me - just guessing what the impact will be?
I've ridden with a couple of guys on proper power-assist (get it right, it is power assist, not pedal assist) bikes, and the only difference is they can keep up with the bunch up hills instead of the rest of us having to wait for them. A proper, legal power assist bike only adds power when the rider is pedalling (hence "power assist"), and cuts off above a certain speed.

MARKL

Eats Squid
I was riding The Oakes a couple of months ago, got to the single track (one way only for those that don't know the trail - fast flowy, rough blind corners lots of fun) and numb nut on a 29er is pedalling wrong way up the hill. The first rider in our group only just misses him and we scatter to avoid him, a fairly frank conversation ensued and f-wit continued the wrong way up the track. Now if he was doing 25km/h+ it could have been very different. The reality is give somebody a bike with a motor and people being f-wits will do stupid things - as the articles say they are really easy to ride and allow people to do things they otherwise couldn't due to skills or fitness.

Personally, I don't get it, as far as I am concerned any bike with a motor is defined by that motor...motorbike...electric motorbike...electricy assist pedally motorbikey thing...still a bike still got a motor, still not a mountain bike.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Saw 3 blokes riding them as I was leaving Majura 2 days ago. That's one place I don't ever wanna see them again, hope they are banned like Stromlo.
Oh shiat. I wonder if they're legal there. If the gates are open, other motorized vehicles =can get in there legally can't they?

styler

Likes Dirt
I was riding The Oakes a couple of months ago, got to the single track (one way only for those that don't know the trail - fast flowy, rough blind corners lots of fun) and numb nut on a 29er is pedalling wrong way up the hill. The first rider in our group only just misses him and we scatter to avoid him, a fairly frank conversation ensued and f-wit continued the wrong way up the track. Now if he was doing 25km/h+ it could have been very different. The reality is give somebody a bike with a motor and people being f-wits will do stupid things - as the articles say they are really easy to ride and allow people to do things they otherwise couldn't due to skills or fitness.

Personally, I don't get it, as far as I am concerned any bike with a motor is defined by that motor...motorbike...electric motorbike...electricy assist pedally motorbikey thing...still a bike still got a motor, still not a mountain bike.
Spoken to to rangers before about the single track only being one way, it turns out the single track is both directions and also for walkers. Was told your speed needs to be controlled to avoid collision with other users coming the other way. Had walkers coming up the trail last weekend:noidea:

Status
Not open for further replies.