Electric Guitar

LJohn

Likes Dirt
He explained it as a kind of signature. It's there if he wants it, and nobody would have the balls to steal it because it looks ridiculous.

It's a Vai thing I guess.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
He explained it as a kind of signature. It's there if he wants it, and nobody would have the balls to steal it because it looks ridiculous.

It's a Vai thing I guess.
Cool, makes sense in a crazy Vai way.

I remember that the first floral design was taken from his curtains. For such an odd design on the surface, those first floral Jems do look pretty damn good.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
speaking of which , have you seen how much the Adrian Belew parker fly is? .... 10 grand US :eek::eek::eek::eek:
Yikes!!!!

I guess I can see where the cost comes from with all those features, but really! Its useful for Belew I don't know how useful it would be for anyone else... and heck they are really ugly guitars.

Joy

Likes Dirt
I remember the first ad for the Jems and Vai was in them but not dressed like Vai and his face hidden behind a hat. The main thing I noticed was the handle and it was really WTF???

It made more sense when Vai looked through it in the Whitesnake video for "Fool For your Loving".. (Now that's a question, does anyone like the "Slip of the Tongue Album"?). He still didn't use the handle though.

Still every time I have seen Vai play I have never seen him use the handle. Even when he holds the body to do some crazy left hand hammer ons he holds the guitar by the body. So what is it for?
Slip of the Tongue is one of my favourite albums of all time! I've never seen Vai use the handle either....haha

Joy

Likes Dirt
Yeah definately. One of my mate's bands is from the Redlands and they kick ass haha.
We've got an All Ages show coming up in Bris, but I'm not sure where yet.

SGT. BILcO

Likes Dirt
I might go check em out one day when they play!
Whenever you have that concert just let me know and ill see if i can hit it up?
Blake

hdtvkss

Likes Dirt
looking at getting an RG (350DX) to add to the collection does anyone know of any issues with these? from what i can gather the difference between these and the higher end models comes down to pickups and perhaps trem?

also, is there a difference between the EX and DX besides colour?

i quite like the guitar after playing it, and im after a "shred", strat style guitar. im not huge on floating trems as in my experience they are more trouble than they are worth but meh, nothing ventured.....

Richo 18

Likes Bikes and Dirt
jimmy page, the edge and jack white are alllll in a new movie called 'it might get loud'

http://www.sonyclassics.com/itmightgetloud/

check the trailor. 3 different styles all in one room with plenty of amps and guitars. oh. my. shibby.
That's gonna be sweet. I respect Jack and Jimmy, Jack's better than a lot would think and they've gotten together before so it'll be interesting.

Not as keen about Edge but he'll probably reveal half the cool stuff he can do.
Love how he's like "this is what I'm playing *strum.....strum...*"

LJohn

Likes Dirt
Be careful. They are a dangerous beast.

I'm still in guitar love with mine. Things just flow from it.

Trem. Still fantastic.

Pickups, actually pretty darn good. They feel biased so they've got roar and punch.

Neck, ludicrously thin, which is something I occasionally hate.

I just bought a set of high cap batteries and an SD card, so pictures of the group will be coming.

EDIT: Also, the thing with the Edge. When he says 'this is what I'm playing', that is a very valid point. Effects are like another instrument. The fact he can make quite catchy riffs using them is a skill. I'm sure he would be great at any genre, as would most guitarists, but I like the fact he does what he does.

Last edited:

hdtvkss

Likes Dirt
i have budget approval from the SWMBO...

so you recomend it?

are there any inotation setting issues with the bridge? looks fully adjustable but id hate to find out the hard way...

i tried an RG and yer it played nice, but that trem.... ::shudder:: even look at it and it through the guitar out of tune. dive bomb it and it was a mess... pitty as otherwise it was a good guitar