Electric Guitar

bitterbro

Likes Dirt
i was at my mates place yesterday and he has this sweet set up on his computer which consists of a line 6 program and something to plug his guitar lead into. the line 6 program had heaps of settings and amp models (dumble deizel etc.) and you can choose an amp to play through.

He said the set up cost around $200. just wondering if anyone knew what the program might of been called?

Grant_VDM

Likes Bikes
i was at my mates place yesterday and he has this sweet set up on his computer which consists of a line 6 program and something to plug his guitar lead into. the line 6 program had heaps of settings and amp models (dumble deizel etc.) and you can choose an amp to play through.

He said the set up cost around $200. just wondering if anyone knew what the program might of been called?
Hey man, was it something like a tone port, UX 2 maybe?

domm

Banned
guitar + lead + amp
what else do you need, if you need anything else then it is obvious that you lack the basic skills needed to excell with this instrument and should give up.

Joy

Likes Dirt

Pod Farm? It's a free download at the moment. So kickass. You still need some kind of interface though

could be Guitar Port

or Pod Farm.

or Tone Port

don't remember the differences between all three, but I remember the Toneport offers plug and play recording ability, as opposed to Guitarport, which requires a separate bit of kit of software to do recording.

Line 6 makes a lot of rocking software, and has many amps under their modulation program. problem with Line 6 (for me that is), is that it has a major conflict with my sound card, which will not resolve unless I reboot the laptop.

grr.

but otherwise, I'd recommend the Guitar Port. I use it whenever I'm back in my home country for the holidays (rather than lugging a massive 24kg + amp around).

Last edited:

LJohn

Likes Dirt
The way I run my UX2 is with Pod Farm, not gearbox.

I don't run the pod farm as a VST plug in, I run it as an ASIO device, so instead of running everything through the onboard sound card, it just runs through the UX2. Zero latency. Zilch. It's fantastic.

I'm using an SM57 through the mic preamp for acoustic and vocals and it's also brilliant. The effects are pretty, well, effective.

Line6 really have their good digital stuff nailed.

LJohn

Likes Dirt
They're really nice. But not as nice as the price suggests.

The artisan series are great amps, but you can get great amps at much lower prices.

I am currently liking the Orange Rocker 30 for versatility and tone.

Grant_VDM

Likes Bikes
They're really nice. But not as nice as the price suggests.

The artisan series are great amps, but you can get great amps at much lower prices.

I am currently liking the Orange Rocker 30 for versatility and tone.
Okay, but if price wasn't an issue would this be a decent amp? Or is there better amps for cheaper. I'm happy to spend alot of money on an amp if its something that will stay with me forever, rather than me buying something middle range, then wanting something more than that after.

LJohn

Likes Dirt
If price isn't an issue, then it is a great amp.

But I didn't think the tone wowed me all that much.

I tried a bad cat lil 15, a bit dark, but also great.

Cornford harlequin, was very cool. I'm a Guthrie and Kotzen fan, so any Cornford will have me hearing gold.

But what exactly are you looking for? Boutique amps become more and more one-trick as far as sound goes as they try to be 'unique'. I'd buy an Orange Rocker over a Bad Cat or Ulbrick simply for versatility.

Otherwise, take a look at Ceriatones. They produce top stuff. If finances weren't a limiting factor, I'd already have an 18w, and/or maybe a matchless clone.

Grant_VDM

Likes Bikes
If price isn't an issue, then it is a great amp.

But I didn't think the tone wowed me all that much.

I tried a bad cat lil 15, a bit dark, but also great.

Cornford harlequin, was very cool. I'm a Guthrie and Kotzen fan, so any Cornford will have me hearing gold.

But what exactly are you looking for? Boutique amps become more and more one-trick as far as sound goes as they try to be 'unique'. I'd buy an Orange Rocker over a Bad Cat or Ulbrick simply for versatility.

Otherwise, take a look at Ceriatones. They produce top stuff. If finances weren't a limiting factor, I'd already have an 18w, and/or maybe a matchless clone.
Thanx man, defs some food for thought. I'm looking for an all tube combo amp, 2x12, 2 channels with preferably no effects because i will most likely invest in some pedals shortly after my purchase and i will be playing blues rock and metal through it. The Blackstar amps seemed to fit those specs quite well, so that is why i was considering them.

Richo 18

Likes Bikes and Dirt

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Okay, but if price wasn't an issue would this be a decent amp? Or is there better amps for cheaper. I'm happy to spend alot of money on an amp if its something that will stay with me forever, rather than me buying something middle range, then wanting something more than that after.
One word (or maybe a couple more)

MI Audio revelation.

Do it, and be happy :D

ON the amp note, im actually in talks with the guy who i sold my reynolds to about the possibility of buying it back :rolleyes:

hdtvkss

Likes Dirt
ON the amp note, im actually in talks with the guy who i sold my reynolds to about the possibility of buying it back :rolleyes:
ddddoooooooooo eeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttt. the Reynolds i played was simply superb. if i could afford one id be all over it like white on rice

LJohn

Likes Dirt
MI Audio revelation.
There is a thing called a knob to sound ratio. If I spend 20% as much time playing with knobs as I do playing to make sound, it's too complicated.

They're nice, but an awful lot like the Mesa Mark V. A bit too all over the place.

And I'd get the reynolds back. They're not exactly hens teeth, but not something you'd want to let go of.

I finished an EP too. Rough at the moment, but kind of in the vein of the Last Shadow Puppets, with less awesomeness, and more jazz influence. Lot's of ambient notes in the back of the mix. Alex Turner's lyrical style just drops my jaw every time I hear a new song of his.

And Joy, I persisted with EZDrummer. It's quite handy. I'm starting to hear drums in the ideas in my head, rather than having to whack em on and hope they're right.

Jay_Patriot

Likes Bikes
Did someone say Orange amps?

I love my Rockerverb 30 :rolleyes:

And I would give my my right arm to have a Reynolds..

One other thing, how do i break into the serial tone rapist clan? :)

I finished an EP too. Rough at the moment, but kind of in the vein of the Last Shadow Puppets, with less awesomeness, and more jazz influence. Lot's of ambient notes in the back of the mix. Alex Turner's lyrical style just drops my jaw every time I hear a new song of his.
Good to hear man,
Shoot us a copy of the EP?