Electric Vehicles etc

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And the next round of EV vehicle releases will be certainly over $80 -$100k

As the market has shown it can bear it

I'm with the others , sell me a simple , no added stuff ev with 200km range , dont need leather , carpets , seat heaters ,20 inch wheels etc
Need , heater , radio thingo to connect phoneo to - so has nav , music ,calls etc cand be fwd or rwd , dont care $20k all in , buy one tomorrow .

Can then keep my ute for longer distance stuff / towing etc ( oh and my motorcycle , )although an ev motorcycle would be awesome.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I had a Polstar 2 hire car in Sydney for work the last few days, basically just driving from and to the airport (wed and fri) and then just, to and from the Desal plant (stayed in Cronulla so only 10mins each way). I liked it and it definitely makes sense ever for the 45-50km each way commute I currently do. Watching the digital read out for battery % and range left was something I was really watching on the first day so I can see why city people have (unfounded) range anxiety. But it didn't worry me for long.

It was the single motor version but the power delivery is hilariously fun. One thing that I didn't like was how "heavy" the go pedal feels, which I suspect is so shit drivers don't accidentally tap the pedal and end up "whisky throttling" it into something/someone.

It was really noticeable when I got back into my hilux, just how light and easy to modulate the go pedal is.

Special mention for the live map cluster panel, fucking awesome idea.

received_1402610230303981.jpeg

received_265650346083987.jpeg

received_269054139104178.jpeg

received_1040486897308595.jpeg

received_800435391459100.jpeg

Started at 90% (optimum full charge according to Polstar) and 340km range.

Finished with the above 58% and 220km range. We drove a total 115kms. So pretty spot on.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
I really dislike the lack of physical buttons for HVAC, LKA in most of these stuck on iPad centre consoles. The Polestar above even has touch steering wheel controls, yuk!

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
What are the icons on the inner side of the rocker buttons? Are they touch?
Left side buttons are cruise control/speed limit controls, the inboard dashes are for distance to car in front. All physical buttons.

The right hand side are menu, hands free and audio controls, also physical buttons

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Left side buttons are cruise control/speed limit controls, the inboard dashes are for distance to car in front. All physical buttons.

The right hand side are menu, hands free and audio controls, also physical buttons
Ah fair enough, they look like touch buttons from the photo. But the HVAC is touchsceeen only?

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
One thing that I didn't like was how "heavy" the go pedal feels, which I suspect is so shit drivers don't accidentally tap the pedal and end up "whisky throttling" it into something/someone.
heavy as in physical feel or response? Ive recently upgraded my sim racing kit and have a huge ability to customise the response curves on the pedals, shouldnt be too hard to give you more options than the chill vs standard i get on the tesla. the problem would be idiots who insist they need everything turned to max who would rear end everything when it responds too sharply in traffic

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Currently in Shanghai for work. Holy shit there's about a zillion models of EV here that that we don't even see in Aus. These include some decent looking vans and station wagons which would be awesome back home...

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
heavy as in physical feel or response? Ive recently upgraded my sim racing kit and have a huge ability to customise the response curves on the pedals, shouldnt be too hard to give you more options than the chill vs standard i get on the tesla. the problem would be idiots who insist they need everything turned to max who would rear end everything when it responds too sharply in traffic
A bit of both I suppose. It was plenty responsive when you buried the foot, just when driving up a carpark ramp or steep rd it felt heavy and unresponsive which is to stop awful drivers from rear ending everything I assume.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A bit of both I suppose. It was plenty responsive when you buried the foot, just when driving up a carpark ramp or steep rd it felt heavy and unresponsive which is to stop awful drivers from rear ending everything I assume.
does the polestar have acceleration modes? chill in a tesla is quite damped, like an old automatic that winds up a bit. standard is quite responsive but can be jerky if you dont pay some attention in traffic

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
does the polestar have acceleration modes? chill in a tesla is quite damped, like an old automatic that winds up a bit. standard is quite responsive but can be jerky if you dont pay some attention in traffic
Yeah not sure, I only played with the one pedal and creep modes.

Sky_Collapsed

Not particularly enlightened
Currently in Shanghai for work. Holy shit there's about a zillion models of EV here that that we don't even see in Aus. These include some decent looking vans and station wagons which would be awesome back home...

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
blame the government. im still hanging out for an electric van, something with decent size so i can convert it into a camper and put some inverters in it with some panels.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
I'm with the others , sell me a simple , no added stuff ev with 200km range , dont need leather , carpets , seat heaters ,20 inch wheels etc
Need , heater , radio thingo to connect phoneo to - so has nav , music ,calls etc cand be fwd or rwd , dont care $20k all in , buy one tomorrow .
I don't think you can make Dacia Sandero for that sort of price. The Renault Zoe ZE 40 was a bit of a shit-box and still $50k. I think it's a case of the people expecting premium extras at the price EVs start at.

Sexy. That weight is nice but it would be cool if it was much faster.

Currently in Shanghai for work. Holy shit there's about a zillion models of EV here that that we don't even see in Aus.
It's also a shame we don't get any hatchbacks like the Corsa or e-Golf. I saw an Atto the other day and they're pretty big.

Sounds like you're living your best life.
As someone who's exclusively driven manuals except once when I took an Excel down the block to the parts store I hated the auto creep in the iMiev I drove once.

Rob Zombie