Electric Vehicles etc

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Kool !
where was test drive from ? - I am curious as they are really shifting the traditional ‘ car buying’ techniques .

clockworked

Like an orange
So is there a shortlist of mtb-friendly EVs that fall under the FBT cap yet?
I'd love a van, or wagon, that could bear a 5 bike rack, or possibly tow 2.5t. Is there anything near that yet?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Would remove them quick smart. I was behind one a few weeks ago and was scratching my head as not heard of them before. Apart from the cheesy boot badge looks the goods.
Not my car, I'm just paying for it.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
So is there a shortlist of mtb-friendly EVs that fall under the FBT cap yet?
I'd love a van, or wagon, that could bear a 5 bike rack, or possibly tow 2.5t. Is there anything near that yet?
There's a few vans out. Renault has the Kangoo Maxi, BYD the T3, LDV the e-deliver, Ford the e-transit, and Merc has the e-Vito. Nothing yet to tow 2.5t, but although the Atto 3 isn't yet complianced for it in Aus, in NZ it is rated for 750kg unbraked, so should take a 5 bike rack provided the towball weight is reasonable.

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

Looks like we just beat the price rise. https://www.drive.com.au/news/2023-byd-atto-3-prices-rise/

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
I didn't and I believe anyone who has paid a deposit and not done the online signature have also got hit with the price hike.

You can pay the $1000 deposit and join the queue, only signing when the car arrives if you want.
I would say this would be a pretty high percentage of people at this time.
Before the digital signature, you can get your $1000 deposit back at any time, no questions asked.

I'll sign mine sometime in the next month when I get the lease paperwork in place.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Impressive electrickery for off-road throttle control.

Can you drive an electric car through deep puddles? Electric submarines seem to manage.
Fun fact when our Leopard tanks were being replaced the Army did a demo for some prospective buyers which included the tanks sitting on the bottom of a lake/dam to drive out at an appointed time. The maintenance had been cut back so much the tanks leaked more than a preproduction Collins class. A mate was the tank commander and said the pumps were going so hard there was probably a waterspout in the lake.

ozzybmx

Went down in to BYD today to sort out a premium slim numberplate for her car as its not an option on the website.

(A premium plate is not a wanky plate, its just a slimline white on black plate that looks a lot tidier and nicer than the regular fat boring SA plates)

fhdgfhdg.jpg

While I was there, I asked if the April delivery date was realistic.

The bloke says I would probably get it earlier and pointed to the vehicles sitting in the showroom with the Waiting for pick up signs on the windows, these are all February delivery vehicles he said.

The Chinese don't fuck around. BYD built 230,427 new electric vehicles in November alone :oops:

Makes other vehicle suppliers look like noobs.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Went down in to BYD today to sort out a premium slim numberplate for her car as its not an option on the website.

(A premium plate is not a wanky plate, its just a slimline white on black plate that looks a lot tidier and nicer than the regular fat boring SA plates)

View attachment 395272

While I was there, I asked if the April delivery date was realistic.

The bloke says I would probably get it earlier and pointed to the vehicles sitting in the showroom with the Waiting for pick up signs on the windows, these are all February delivery vehicles he said.

The Chinese don't fuck around. BYD built 230,427 new electric vehicles in November alone :oops:

Makes other vehicle suppliers look like noobs.

It is because they have all the French fries.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Been watching a few EV reviews on YouTube. Apologies if it has been mentioned in the thread prior but the Kia EV6 is nice. Very nice. Except the price tag and the 3 year wait. :oops:

Last edited: