Enduro in the snow.

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Full disclosure, he also keeps his step children and ex wives in there. It's a all or nothing proposition.
Hmm, an EX- wife would indicate a woman if impeccable taste and high intelligence. I already have one of those but, you know, n+1.

I'll put the step-kids on gumtree................

moorey

call me Mia
Full disclosure, he also keeps his step children and ex wives in there. It's a all or nothing proposition.
Ixnae Ixnae. What happens in my shed, stays in the shed.

Contents of shed auctioned off to pay for catering at the wake. I'm thinking bread and marg with tap water for 50-70 people.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I've got some hardshell knee/shin pads if you want them for the weekend Moorey?

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I would suspect any question marks over the running of the event would be more for wellbeing concerns for the participants & officials (hypothermia is a very real risk) and operational, such as lifts not being able to run due to wind than for any concern over the trail condition. It's a pretty harsh environment up there, and the trails would cop a shitload of scouring from the seasonal snow cover anyway, so a race weekend in shit wather isn't going to affect it to any great extent.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not ridden the MTB in the snow, looking forward to the challenge.
I'm a bit concerned about riding International, in the wet, on an AM bike....Hopefully the snow will be nice and thick to make a soft white mattress for me to land on, not a big rock in the back and 4 busted ribs like a couple of months ago.

slowmick

38-39"
you're a better man than me Duane - I went up to Buller on the weekend to check out international as i haven't seen it in 10 years. it was as steep and technical as i remember. I will be sitting out the first stage. Got too many things on in the coming weeks to go over the bars on the weekend. hats off to all those to can ride it.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
looking forward to some brutal gopro footage of someone/everyone going over the bars and making a solid entry into "injuries. what's your story" followed by a few wanted posts for broken bike parts.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't expect snow, maybe snow showers that will melt as soon as they hit the ground. I expect mud and wet slippery rocks.
This is today's view at Mt Buller...

Last edited:

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Easy enough to jump off and walk the sketchy bits hopefully. I'll have a look on Saturday and if It's too suss, I'll be joining a few on sitting out stage 1, not interested in spending another month off the bike.

angrybadger

Likes Dirt
I don't expect snow, maybe snow showers that will melt as soon as they hit the ground. I expect mud and wet slippery rocks.
This is today's view at Mt Buller...
Hoping for the same. But BOM is showing temps solidly below 1 degree from Saturday morning through to Sunday early afternoon. I think the ground could be cold enough by Saturday night to let it settle.
On the plus side, it also looks to be windy as all fuck so the snow might drift over the flat bits and settle in the steep bits. Which will give my bike a softer landing when I throw it down anything steep and run after it.