Enduro in the snow.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Hoping for the same. But BOM is showing temps solidly below 1 degree from Saturday morning through to Sunday early afternoon. I think the ground could be cold enough by Saturday night to let it settle.
On the plus side, it also looks to be windy as all fuck so the snow might drift over the flat bits and settle in the steep bits. Which will give my bike a softer landing when I throw it down anything steep and run after it.
If there is snow, there will only be enough to conceal the sharp pointy rocks. Just wear a padded Sumo suit.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Forecast is warming up, going to be a balmy 5 and 3 degrees. About the same as Buninyong in Winter.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well I survived.
Good to put a face to the name SlowMick, I was the one talking to you in the line for Copperhead.

I saw even team "Bagofdix" finished.

moorey

call me Mia
Well I survived.
Good to put a face to the name SlowMick, I was the one talking to you in the line for Copperhead.

Shooda said Gday Duane. Saw your name there. Good to meet you, slowmick. I think we furiously tussled for the wooden spoon.
How did you go, Duane?

moorey

call me Mia
About the same as you. I survived and no crashes.
I only had the one serious crash, but numerous dead stops in the bottomless big holes, and a couple of all bike drops. Buller made a mockery of me :pout:
What were you riding?

Markee

Likes Dirt
Well I survived.

Haha I just put two and two together when I read that after seeing it on the results! Was an awesome weekend. I now know how to ride in the mud and cold, how to cart wheel into bushes that lucky enough felt like pillows and that I need more than 140mm of suspension!
You gents mind if I post a photo of the Masters results? :tape2:

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Haha I just put two and two together when I read that after seeing it on the results! Was an awesome weekend. I now know how to ride in the mud and cold, how to cart wheel into bushes that lucky enough felt like pillows and that I need more than 140mm of suspension!
On the condition that we all agree it's a reverse grid...

slowmick

38-39"
Nice to meet you too Moorey and Duane. it was a hard fought battle for last place but i think i won in the end. Last I looked you could have stopped for a picnic in the sunshine and still beaten me. Great weekend. The weather was so much better than they forecast.

moorey

call me Mia
Nice to meet you too Moorey and Duane. it was a hard fought battle for last place but i think i won in the end. Last I looked you could have stopped for a picnic in the sunshine and still beaten me. Great weekend. The weather was so much better than they forecast.
Most of MY runs, most people could have stopped for tapas, but hey, we were all shown up by 2/3 of the under 13's....but they don't have pubes, so we win :second:

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haha. Reverse grid didn't help me much.

Hadn't really looked at the times much, thanks for posting. Now I can see a stuff up and walked drop on International and being unfit (aka fat bastard) and unable to pedal doesn't help either, especially on Gang Gangs. Was disappointed they cut out the fun bit on stage 4.

Not sure a lazy bastard like me is that keen on the proposed "no shuttles" format for next year. Might be time to start racing DH instead.

Markee

Likes Dirt
Mark Pausler, be you? Got you by 5 places in the reverse grid? :woot:
Yup. DFL in the RB leaderboard. To be expected in my 2nd MTB race ever. :heh:
Great way to learn International as well. Saturday lunch had me changing a rear brake caliper that had failed, pedal my ass off back to the event village, putting the susp into trail mode, then hitting International for the first time! Completely blind and lots of walking later I complete two runs and realise said suspension settings! IDIOT!!!!!!!!! Proceed to do another and final run before racing on it, with it set and yeah makes a difference. Not enough cos still walked two sections in the race.
Attempted the rock roll in out of the single track onto the fire road before the switch backs and............ Of course having not practiced it, ate shit and ended up cartwheeling into the bushes on the right! Soft landing luckily and was probably quicker than walking that section, cos it was a bitch to get down it on foot.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Same spot I lost it on International. I didn't hit the ground, managed to leap off but the bike and I departed ways for a while. Should have practiced it more. Only rode/walked it once on Saturday then raced it. Was comfortable on Abom, struggled pedaling on Copperhead and died pedaling on GangGangs.

Official results now on Alpine Gravity web site.

moorey

call me Mia
Yup. DFL in the RB leaderboard. To be expected in my 2nd MTB race ever. :heh:
Great way to learn International as well. Saturday lunch had me changing a rear brake caliper that had failed, pedal my ass off back to the event village, putting the susp into trail mode, then hitting International for the first time! Completely blind and lots of walking later I complete two runs and realise said suspension settings! IDIOT!!!!!!!!! Proceed to do another and final run before racing on it, with it set and yeah makes a difference. Not enough cos still walked two sections in the race.
Attempted the rock roll in out of the single track onto the fire road before the switch backs and............ Of course having not practiced it, ate shit and ended up cartwheeling into the bushes on the right! Soft landing luckily and was probably quicker than walking that section, cos it was a bitch to get down it on foot.
Ok, so you spent more time on the ground than the bike, and still smashed me. Shut up now please. :pout

slowmick

38-39"
International took it's toll on people. i had a bit of a running race down the rock roller from the road, almost rode over the same bloke around the corner when he binned it on the wooden steps. he set off and i stayed on the side of the track as i heard someone coming. looked back to watch them bin it. I think all i managed to get out was you ok?, i'll head off, yell out when you want to pass. managed to get to the switchbacks before i came across my running mate laying in the grass again. i was slow but managed to stay on the bike. Abom i managed to stick the seat through my water proof pants half way down and then get caught up in them all the way down. pretty much had a skirt when i got to the bottom. rode over to gangs gangs and back before copperhead which didn't hep the legs (being fat didn't help either). got passed on the bottom fire road so then decided i would try and jump all the corners. Pedaled as best i could on gang gangs. Would have been nice if the dropper post worked but i think the lack of fitness was the reason I was 30 seconds behind Matt Molijan over 3 minutes with him riding his Devinci Wilson downhill bike...

Fun weekend all round. I think i need more trips to Buller in the next season.