Entries Open for 2011 24 Scott 24Hr - 8 & 9 October 2011 at Stromlo

gewsh

Cannon Fodder
If anyone's looking for a six person team entry please message me. The team and I have entered and paid but now need to pull out! Would like to sell my entry to someone.

courts

Likes Bikes
just wondering if there will be a competitor list out soon? mainly interested in who will be racing solo? Also, now that its no longer affiliated with 24hrs of Adraneline does that mean the winners win a ticket to the Italy Worlds instead? cheers

Clone278

Cannon Fodder
Looking for one, maybe two riders for a six man team..

We've had a person pull out and another one who is sick and looks marginal so we would take two more people for a six man team.

The team as it stands is mixed age and mixed ability so you get out what you put in, i.e. ride as fast as you want to get good lap times or just cruise for fun. We do want to have riders out there for the whole 24 hours but I'm happy to ride all night if that means getting us through!!

Anyway, contact me if you're interested. clone278 at gmail dot com

NB: We're all based in Sydney but does that matter?

mcdoned

Likes Dirt
just wondering if there will be a competitor list out soon? mainly interested in who will be racing solo? Also, now that its no longer affiliated with 24hrs of Adraneline does that mean the winners win a ticket to the Italy Worlds instead? cheers
If you mean the men's - there are five of the top 8 from this year's 24h Nationals entered already. Usual suspects. It will be a great race (for 2nd place).

No idea on the women's!

courts

Likes Bikes
If you mean the men's - there are five of the top 8 from this year's 24h Nationals entered already. Usual suspects. It will be a great race (for 2nd place).

No idea on the women's!

Cheers for that but I was hoping for an insight into womens, hopefully we get a few!!

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Late Entries

Have been getting a lot of emails with creative reasons for missing the online entry system cutoff (last Friday night - 23 Sep - in case you're wondering).

For those who forgot to enter, but still want to, you can email me and I can send you a manual way of doing it. Obviously, the earlier you do it, the better chance of getting the right size T Shirt, name on your plate etc.

Some places still available.

krisko

Likes Dirt
I just hope some track maintenance occurs. I just got back from doing a night lap and the red loop (what you would expect to be pretty tame) was pretty gnarly in sections!

Brake ruts galore on the descent. Also a 'hows your mother in-law' section just before the gap jump.
The flow of skyline seams chopped by a lot of baby head rocks (shrugs) maybe I'm getting soft but the many complaints following the recent 3 hour and 4/8 confirm I'm not the only one.
Radom :llama: for your amusement...:peace: haha there;s some random smileys...

Le Matelot

Entry Lists and Village Plans are Up

... in the News Section of the Scott event website. There are links there to either a 10MB or 1MB village plan. You might need the bigger file if you want to read the finer detail.

Solos and T4s start on red (solos get a few minutes head start), the rest of the categories start on blue.

Mr TBA is making a lot of appearances at the race this year. If you're one of them, email me so we can get it sorted before rego. Makes life easier for the volunteers on the day (and for you too).

Last edited:

mcdoned

Likes Dirt
So what's the rationale behind the solo pit area distribution?

Doesn't really seem to be based on previous results....

Le Matelot

So what's the rationale behind the solo pit area distribution? Doesn't really seem to be based on previous results....
Happy to shift people. The only real rationale so far (apart from people like Mr English) is that:
. Those who ordered a fitted solo marquee are together because of construction issues.
. I have tried to keep the women together.
. People who have asked to be in a group have been kept together.
. There is no race advantage based on solo pit location (although the may be some "exposure" advantage).

For all the remaining 3x3 areas for the pit tent and the associated 3x3 sleeping tent site behind it, I expect that there will be some adjustment on-the-day. But if you let me know early, its easier to change now than on Friday.

Last edited:

wallythewunderdog

Cannon Fodder
Camping for Families?

I am after some advice on the suitability for taking my family to the event to support me as a solo. Will two kids (4 and 8) get in the way? Are kids discourage from the pit area? Are there areas where they can ride their bikes safely?

Also, am I being naive to think that I will be well rested for the race if I camp in the solo area on Friday night?

charltons

Likes Bikes
Race map

Can anyone tell me if the section with Pork barrel and slick rock etc are on the red loop?

Cheers

Scott

hipdos

Likes Bikes
Can anyone tell me if the section with Pork barrel and slick rock etc are on the red loop?

Cheers

Scott
No, red loop goes straight past the start of pork barrel to Skyline and Luge, which will be the best sections in the race IMHO. Downhill all the way back to transition. Woohoo!

Anti_Trainer

Likes Dirt
I am after some advice on the suitability for taking my family to the event to support me as a solo. Will two kids (4 and 8) get in the way? Are kids discourage from the pit area? Are there areas where they can ride their bikes safely?

Also, am I being naive to think that I will be well rested for the race if I camp in the solo area on Friday night?
I'll have the 4 and 8 year old out there - there's normally plenty of fun to be had on the running track and the dirt piles - my mum and the wife are doing solo pit duties.
If you live local I'd have a couple of beers Friday night and sleep at home :)
If it's going to be wet and windy it won't be much fun for the kids.