Evie

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Is this the warranty replacement? It’s not very orange and the seat post looks very rigid. :p

Ride report? Any changes from the last one.
Wait, what? What do you mean by THE warranty replacement? I've told two people, both work in shop. Who are you and how much are you telling Mrs George it cost?

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Wait, what? What do you mean by THE warranty replacement? I've told two people, both work in shop. Who are you and how much are you telling Mrs George it cost?
You mentioned a while ago it was cracked but would hold off for warranty as not in a rush to replace. I think it was you.

Cardy George

You mentioned a while ago it was cracked but would hold off for warranty as not in a rush to replace. I think it was you.
Nope, not me. I've been sitting on this since I tried ripping my shoulder off in January.

Cardy George

Hmm. I swear it was you. Lucky guess then. So warranty?
Yep, warranty. I found the crack around Christmas and being the second Procaliber with the same crack I knew what was about to play out. Sent the photos and the boys at Bicycle Express were brilliant as always, had it all sorted in a couple of days. Trek came back with 4 options. All black Procaliber, all black Supercaliber, this blue one or a Project One Supercaliber in Orange. I didn't see the point of getting a third Procaliber and having the same crack happen, but why didn't I get Orange? Well, I'd get a $4,300 credit for the Procaliber and then I'd have to pay another $4,300 AND wait 325 days for delivery. Um, I'll have a blue one, thanks. I have to let the credit card recover, but there's options for orange in the future.

All that was left was to sort a drive train and cockpit. We were coming over Australia Day week to do the Christmas we didn't get, so three bikes went on the car rack and off we went. I rode down to Bike Express, we went over what we could use from the Procaliber and orders were made. I went up the hill intending to make it to the caravan park but Cardy George's hill had other plans. So I crashed a bike that was already committed to some one else. Oops. And the boys never had their ride in Belair National Park.

So do you guys remember my thread about drivetrain options? Well, this is why. My hand was played on the 1x drive train, 2x is just not an option. It's come out of the shop with a 34T, and I have a 28t sitting at home for the long distance events.

And the paint or powder coat question? They are the SiDs from the Procaliber that need a little TLC. They function perfectly well, and from a distance you can't see how I've coloured in the bare metal with texta :rolleyes:. @beeb here's one for the reference files. They're a 51mm offset fork, on a bike designed for 44mm. I can feel slightly more flop, but it's barely perceptible, and I'm looking forward to getting it on dirt and seeing what plays out. It's definitely only something an experienced rider would notice.

My mate is currently giving me merry hell because I've been anti-Enve since they first come on the market all those years ago. Overpriced Wankery if I remeber my own words. As it turned out, Enve M7 in 35mm was the only flat bar option available. And being 35mm meant a new stem too.

And the brakes were a pleasant surprise. The whole XTR set came from another frame ordered for someone else who wanted SRAM. Being in the right place at the right time meant it came to me. I thought I was getting XC spec 2-pots. And I was happy. Pulling it out of the boot this afternoon and I noticed the calipers were tear-drop shaped. Eye-balled the part number. Fucking Winning!

A very brief blast around the block shows great promise. I need to add some pressure to the shock, and reacquaint myself with dual suspension. And the bars are higher and wider than the Procaliber so I need see what it needs. But an actual ride report on dirt will have to wait. I have to pack it the car and drive it back home early tomorrow morning.

Cardy George

How the fuck is this not sub 10kg?
Dollars. And availability. SiD SL Ultimates are lighter than my 4 year old versions, and if I thought they would last I could go much lighter with the wheels. And tires. And there's sealant in the tires. So there's a few things. But when the Procal came out of the shop it was 10.8 kg. So a 200g penalty for a much more suitable bike.

And why are you giving my grief for not enough orange?

smaj

Likes Dirt
And the brakes were a pleasant surprise. The whole XTR set came from another frame ordered for someone else who wanted SRAM. Being in the right place at the right time meant it came to me. I thought I was getting XC spec 2-pots. And I was happy. Pulling it out of the boot this afternoon and I noticed the calipers were tear-drop shaped. Eye-balled the part number. Fucking Winning!
Yeah, I was surprised to see the 4-pots in your description, that's great. I got Level TLM 2-pots with my Lux Trail and am in the process of replacing them with G2's, big win.

Great looking bike BTW, love that rear shock and the clean lines. Congrats. I've seen one in the flesh around these parts, and they do look sweet.