F1 2011

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Thanks Neil. She impressed me on the weekend when she said she was trying to meditate and clear her mind before the wedding and you know what she said? She told me all she could think about was Formula One! I nearly cried! I'm so proud! She then said it was because I had a replay blaring in the lounge room................
She will be doing her hair with the girls on the wedding morning while I'm out downhilling.;) She won't know!

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
wend

Picks need to be in asap peoples.....

And Dozer, best wishes for what should be 1 of the biggest days/wends of your life....
Enjoy the DH in the morning too....
Go Red Bull...

wombat

Lives in a hole
Yeah, I wouldn't put too much emphasis on practice times, but it's reassuring to see that Mark has some pace. Even if he's only ahead of Sebastian due to different programs, at least he's quick enough to run with the Macs at the moment.

Plow King

Little bit.
Race winner

Sebastian Vettel
Podium finishers (top 3) order irrelevant)

Sebastian Vettel
Mark Webber
Fernando Alonso

Points finishers (4th - 10th)

(order irrelevant) Lewis Hamilton
Jenson Button
Felipe Massa
Nico Rosberg
Nick Heidfeld
Vitaly Petrov
Jaime Alguersuari

Fastest lap

Sebastian Vettel

Plow King

Little bit.
You fucker Alonso u fucked up my points :( there's a car there. Not as if u had to rush to pick up 3rd you know Hamilton was Banting his tyres. Fking Italians

._._._._._.

Likes Dirt
Petrov reaching for the stars:

[video=youtube;mdGCaiQI1mU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdGCaiQI1mU[/video]

Last edited:

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Petrov reaching for the stars:

[video=youtube;mdGCaiQI1mU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdGCaiQI1mU[/video]
Had a good laugh at that one. Couldn't beleive Petrov practically jumped his car. I guess a lesson the hard way.

What a shame Mark missed out on the podium by the smallest amount. That said it seems as though his rear wing was having issues and he wasn't able to open it along pit straight when he was gaining on Heidfeld. Finished pretty well considering no Ker's all race.

Did anyone pick up on why Redbull were not allowing Vettel to use his Ker's as well? I missed some of the race.

wombat

Lives in a hole
That said it seems as though his rear wing was having issues and he wasn't able to open it along pit straight when he was gaining on Heidfeld.
I heard Brundle say that, but I'm pretty sure it was open on the last lap. Maybe it was KERS making the difference, or maybe it was the extra front wing Mark asked for earlier on in the race, but he just seemed slower there, even with the DRS. Heidfeld was getting great drive all the time though.

Good race, and happy to peg back some points in the tipping. :p

Wikid Z

Likes Dirt
I'm not an Alonso fan, but why was he penalised 20 seconds for hitting the back of Hamilton. Hamilton was penalised for more than one movement across the track. Hamilton wasn't to surprised about the decision.

Alonso wasn't too fussed as it didn't alter his finish position as he had over 20 sec lead to the next place getter.

Reading between the lines on the speedcafe article they seem surprised as well about the Alonso penalty.

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
China is go

Race winner
Sebastian Vettel

Podium finishers (top 3, position irrelevant)
Sebastian Vettel
Mark Webber
Lewis Hamilton

Points finishers (4th - 10th, position irrelevant)
Jenson Button
Fernando Alonso
Michael Schumacher
Nick Heidfeld
Rubens Barrichello
Adrian Sutil
Kamui Kobayashi

Fastest lap
Lewis Hamilton

China is go, pls place you picks in the 2011RedBull F1 chammpionship. Mine are in....
Gr8 wend coming up - V8's in Hamilton in the day and F1's in the evenings....

wombat

Lives in a hole
Bit of a follow up on the tipping:
lol.. actually you should be further up the ladder than you are... I see its also awarding points incorrectly for the 4th-10th finishers... just looks like they are giving them to random people... me included woot !!
Apparently not. I made an enquiry and here's the response:

The points are being allocated correctly. The podium selections count towards your top ten picks. I your case, because you selected Webber to finish on the podium, where as he finished in 4th, you only received one point for him (being a top ten finisher). This point reflects on the podium section of the results page due to your pick having originally been placed in this section and not within the 4 - 10 section.

You will see that the same principle counts for the other players in your pool where they selected drivers such as Hamilton or Alonso to finish on the podium, but that they eventually scored 1 point for these drivers as top ten finishers.

I hope this clarifies the matter for you. Please let us know if there is anything else.
Makes sense, I think...

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I blew up when I heard of the Alonso penalty but they may have based it on some antics in previous races and previous encounters. In short, they penalised them for racing!
My picks are going straight up shit house!
I hate to say it but I think Ferarri are in the pooh.:mad:

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
you

I blew up when I heard of the Alonso penalty but they may have based it on some antics in previous races and previous encounters. In short, they penalised them for racing!
My picks are going straight up shit house!
I hate to say it but I think Ferarri are in the pooh.:mad:
Arnt you on yr honeymoon.... ahh i get it you are thinking bout Ferrari's as you got a 458 for yr wedding present from Mr nanaglen........
And Ferrari wont take long till they are fighting front row again..... soon as they get back to Europe i recon. Alonso is too good and will show them how to come back to the front-same as last yr........