feedback on Bell super 3R MIPS helmet or the 2

EMF

Eats Squid
Con Job

.................ok so where was I, ahh yes. Lets just break this down to a simple Pros n Cons scenario..

Pros

> friggin syle plus
> bag is tops, best I have seen for a while
> enough optional pad thicknesses to sort out a good fit
> lots of talk on the trail "is that a chromag?"
> don't even know you are wearing it, it is so friggin light!
> jealous mates
> chicks dig it
> breathes nice, but in a Qld humid summer I think it will still be too hot, lucky its main use is for Squamish n Whistlekok
> MIPS and the easy magnetic chinstrap after you get the hang of it it is so fast to lock
> Peripheral vision is awesome, works with glasses easy

Cons

> hard to drink from camel pac with it on
> no Go Pro mount
> can't smoke a winnie red with it on
> will be too hot for humid hot day rides

will have a few more rides with it and report back for more informative information and when I have had my first big OFF with it on a trail.

For now I am saying buy up big, its a good bit of kit.
most annoying con would be all the sticky syrup flowing over your massive pecs:photo:

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
So I noticed some cracking on the chinbar of my Super 3R the other day, right on the rivet between the front of the chinbar and where the wrap connects to the back buckle. It's the same both sides (although one has cracked a bit right off, the other is almost there).
I don't think I've crashed this helmet or dropped it unduly, although it's a possibility that I just forgot. Minor scrapes aside though, I think I'd remember a big crash. I've had it a bit over a year since replacing my Super 2R after a big crash last April, so it's not that old either. There's also no evidence of this cracking on the 2R, even after the crash (which involved the chinbar saving my face a bit).

Anyone else had this happen to them? Not really sure where to go with this either, whether I'm up for another new helmet or if it's just superficial (it sure doesn't look superficial). Can you even buy just the chinbar? Would that even be sensible, given the damage may have been a result of undue force on the helmet, which may affect it (unseen) somewhere else?

Attachments