Fibre Optic - Batteries not included

Scotty675

Cable thief
This is by far the most unplanned, spontaneous build I’ve done. Spotting the listing in the bargain buys section I checked them out and before I new it someone had pushed the buy button. I do love a bargain though. Having most bit in spares helped the decision. Stuck with a solid hopefully reliable build. Trying a couple of new goodies. One being the fox 34 fork, having not ridden a 34 in years apart from a stepcast this will be a new direction. Fork was already a good price but another $120 off through eBay sealed the deal. Drive train was an easy choice, xt 12speed as I know it’s a solid performer. Bars are another dip into the unknown, having nothing in spares over 730mm I decided to grab another set. Pro tapers were always good to me in the dirt bike days so given them a try. Grips and dropper remote are the go to choice. Rev grips and yep joystick remote. Only thing I don’t like about frame is press fit bb. Gone with wheels manufacturing thread together bb. Dominion brakes, another great brake and another bargain from crc. Picked up a fox 175mm dropper but have taken a gamble as was to impatient to wait for frame. Hopefully have everything needed arrive by next weekend for a build and beers session. Pics and spec list soon.

Frame - Norco optic - Large
Rear shock - Rockshox super deluxe
Front shock/fork - Fox 34, 140mm, 44
Handlebars - Oneup 760mm
Stem - Raceface turbine 35mm
Headset - CK
Grips - Rev grips
Saddle - Ergon
Seatpost - Fox transfer 175mm
Front brake - Hayes Dominion A4
Rear brake - Hayes Dominion A4
Cranks - Raceface SixC
Chain - Xtr 9100
Pedals - Xtr 9120
Rear derailleur - xt 8100
Front shifter - Xtr 9100
Cassette - Xt 10-51
Front hub - onyx vesper
Rear hub - onyx (to come)
Front rim - Dt 481
Rear rim - Dt 481 (to come)
Tyres - Schwalbe Hans dampf/Nobby Nic
Tubes - Tubeless

Last edited:

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I give in, what is it ?
Norco Optic

Nice one @Scotty675, looking forward to photos and specs.