First ride on a dually - wow

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
jot down the settings as they are now so you can always refer back,
Yes I should do that...I didn't mess around with them much, mainly the tyre pressure, and just a click or two slower on the rebound

Too tired to do tubeless setup. I wanted to do it myself so I rode it with tubes in this arvo.

the shock pump you were supplied
I bought one before I found out they include them with forks or bikes so now I've got three...

First of many, who cares.
Nah yeah I've made it up the black bit at the bottom of the uphill before on the demo bike. Took a few goes but I didn't fall over !

awesomerer.
First new bike this century !

Do you like how it rides?
For sure, but it's in"out of the box" mode and it was only a quick ride, not even 10km. Will do tubeless in the morning, lower the stem a bit and consider a shorter stem than the 60mm on it and get some riding in. Bed in the brakes

What's the first upgrade going to be?
203/180 rotors, nip up the LH grip which moved a bit

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I had some scratches about that large on the stanchion of the bike I bought and was a bit freaked out by it but the nail polish method worked very nicely.

then get the shock pump you were supplied and have a play with the suspension yourself to fine tune it
Yep 100% can vouch that the Trek calculator for my 2015 Fuel Ex was high in the pressure values and I backed the fork off a fair bit and the shock a small amount. I set their compression recommendation too but played with the clicks by feel, I don't think any calculator can just take your weight and give accurate compression advice, it's so relative to how you ride.