Flow Rollercoaster by Rocky Trail - NSW ALL Mountain State Series + Championships

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Don't want to jinx it but it looks like we might have a non - muddy race on our hands this weekend!
We will be out there from Friday - come and say hi. Registrations are coming in thick and fast now.

markb84

Likes Dirt
Don't want to jinx it but it looks like we might have a non - muddy race on our hands this weekend!
We will be out there from Friday - come and say hi. Registrations are coming in thick and fast now.
:dance:

Getting excited now! Any updates on the trail? I presume the river is no longer flowing over the trail?

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Just got new mud tyres.... Oh well back to my standard rubber! ;)

Tap tap taparoo sent with tapatalk 2

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
:dance:

Getting excited now! Any updates on the trail? I presume the river is no longer flowing over the trail?
Haven't been out there but definitely not. We were there last Sunday while it was still pouring down - there has been no rain since. Tracks will be in very good shape.

Dave and Foxy cut in a new line at the end of Bike or Box (the DH track) which means we are likely to make the track longer and depending on how muddy the track is behind the lake we can make it more pedally too so that All MTN bikes have an advantage over pure DH rigs or at least even it out.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Rego done. Anyone driving out from Sydney in the morning? I've got 2 route options... Out via Windsor or north via f3 both about same on paper but better drive would be nice.

markb84

Likes Dirt
Rego done. Anyone driving out from Sydney in the morning? I've got 2 route options... Out via Windsor or north via f3 both about same on paper but better drive would be nice.

I'm going the internal route (the windsor one) to avoid getting the ferry and for a nicer drive (smaller roads hopefully will = less traffic)

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone familiar with the track to get back up? is it just simple single track? And what type of helmet will you favour, full or half?

If anyone has free room for shuttles on sunday practice would be really great. Cheers

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I'm going the internal route (the windsor one) to avoid getting the ferry and for a nicer drive (smaller roads hopefully will = less traffic)
Just got given another route option. Via glenorie, maroota to the ferry. Is there a reason to avoid the ferry? Operating times etc?

As far as shuttles are concerned, I didn't think there were any.

Camby88

Likes Dirt
Anyone familiar with the track to get back up? is it just simple single track? And what type of helmet will you favour, full or half?

If anyone has free room for shuttles on sunday practice would be really great. Cheers
I haven't been but don't think anyone will be doing shuttles, if they are I'd be jealous. but they would have for the dh series, so there must be capacity...

Trouble what bike will you be on? Always interested to meet dh'ers that live nearby!

Camby88

Likes Dirt
Just got given another route option. Via glenorie, maroota to the ferry. Is there a reason to avoid the ferry? Operating times etc?

As far as shuttles are concerned, I didn't think there were any.

Foxy I would imagine going through galston or berowa waters would be faster than any way you are proposing, especially the f3 way.... I`ll go galston on the way back or f3 but hey that's because I do that stuff at night anyway :)

what time you getting up there on Sunday? Some friends are going sat but I can't.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Foxy I would imagine going through galston or berowa waters would be faster than any way you are proposing, especially the f3 way.... I`ll go galston on the way back or f3 but hey that's because I do that stuff at night anyway :)

what time you getting up there on Sunday? Some friends are going sat but I can't.
trying to leave around 530/6am. I have got to double check the bike tomorrow, give it a clean and lube, maybe swap my front 2.2 to the rear and chuck on a new 2.3 on the front instead of 2.2FR 2.0R i have on there now.

mickwenz

Squid
I am taking both a full face and a half face helmet. This is my first race ever so I am pretty keen.
Fingers cross the weather stays fine.

markb84

Likes Dirt
I am taking both a full face and a half face helmet. This is my first race ever so I am pretty keen.
Fingers cross the weather stays fine.
I'm in the same boat as you mate. Not raced before, taking far too much stuff with me.

Are you heading up tomorrow?

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I haven't been but don't think anyone will be doing shuttles, if they are I'd be jealous. but they would have for the dh series, so there must be capacity...

Trouble what bike will you be on? Always interested to meet dh'ers that live nearby!
The only bike I have at the moment is a stumpy evo carbon. Used to do alot of dh. When I can afford a race dh bike I"ll get back into it more. This is my first race in about 2-3 years.

PS.I'm bringing a full and half until I do some practice runs find out if it really needs a fully, but if we are racing on the actual del rio dh track I'm leaning more towards a fully.

So are the practice runs on sunday morning all pedal up then?

Yarrahappinni

Likes Dirt
The only bike I have at the moment is a stumpy evo carbon. Used to do alot of dh. When I can afford a race dh bike I"ll get back into it more. This is my first race in about 2-3 years.

PS.I'm bringing a full and half until I do some practice runs find out if it really needs a fully, but if we are racing on the actual del rio dh track I'm leaning more towards a fully.

So are the practice runs on sunday morning all pedal up then?

From my previous experience at Del Rio tracks, the rock gardens deserve a full face and being relative short tracks a full face would not be a disadvantage (until you start going up). The Evo would be a great choice as the one bike for 2 tracks.