AM Forbidden Dreadnought Pimp Spec

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mmm. Another good option and uses the SRAM 3 bolt interface so as long as the chainring is 0mm offset for the 55mm chainline should be all sweet. Don’t quote me on that and if the cranks don't work I am happy to accept as a gift. ;)
Be nice if they did them in 160mm. I've mostly run 165mm but want to go shorter. I'm torn. They look pimp AF and would look sick on the bike but it's a fair bit of cash for a crank length I don't want. I've done plenty of dumb shit like that in the past mind you so.......

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
They are veeeery nice. But I like the dreadnought pimp spec better.
Yep. They are awesome looking but require friends kidneys to purchase and I don’t have any friends.

The Pimpnought is verrry nice. Makes my idler bike look povo spec. ;)

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mmm. Another good option and uses the SRAM 3 bolt interface so as long as the chainring is 0mm offset for the 55mm chainline should be all sweet. Don’t quote me on that and if the cranks don't work I am happy to accept as a gift. ;)
Here's one for ya. I am actually looking at those 5Dev Freeride Cam Zink edition cranks as they look the goods and come as short as 150mm which being a wombat that thinks pedals are purely for standing on is pretty convenient. But I also need a chain ring to go with it. The chain rings 5Dev have for t-type says 52-55mm chain line which I read to be 0 or +3mm offset. But I have this thing going off in my head thinking that it must use spacers rather than an offset. eg no spacers for 52mm or spacers for 55mm. What am I missing???? Given you started me down this fucking road I'm hoping you have some answers!!!

shiny

Here's one for ya. I am actually looking at those 5Dev Freeride Cam Zink edition cranks as they look the goods and come as short as 150mm which being a wombat that thinks pedals are purely for standing on is pretty convenient. But I also need a chain ring to go with it. The chain rings 5Dev have for t-type says 52-55mm chain line which I read to be 0 or +3mm offset. But I have this thing going off in my head thinking that it must use spacers rather than an offset. eg no spacers for 52mm or spacers for 55mm. What am I missing???? Given you started me down this fucking road I'm hoping you have some answers!!!
@k3n!f suggested it first and then I kept poking.

Well I got myself into this. So the Cam Zink cranks run the new 8 bolt T type pattern so your existing T type ring will fit. They are offering a free chainring if bought direct so the Dreadnought has 52mm chain line so 3mm offset T type chainring will work. I read it as their chainring works for 52-55mm chainline. The chainring is offset and spacers you need are installed on the bb. Can’t seem to find anything on Forbiddens website about what spacers are needed.

5Dev do have this disclaimer on their website:

High Pivot Compatibility: Please contact us before purchase to determine if this ring will work on your High Pivot Set Up.

So be worth an email if planning to use their chainring.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
@k3n!f suggested it first and then I kept poking.

Well I got myself into this. So the Cam Zink cranks run the new 8 bolt T type pattern so your existing T type ring will fit. They are offering a free chainring if bought direct so the Dreadnought has 52mm chain line so 3mm offset T type chainring will work. I read it as their chainring works for 52-55mm chainline. The chainring is offset and spacers you need are installed on the bb. Can’t seem to find anything on Forbiddens website about what spacers are needed.

5Dev do have this disclaimer on their website:

High Pivot Compatibility: Please contact us before purchase to determine if this ring will work on your High Pivot Set Up.

So be worth an email if planning to use their chainring.
Yeah I emailed both them and DSG their Aussie distributor days ago. Crickets. I'll push again and see if I can get some solid answers before outlaying that sort of cash. Thanks for the info.

Damn you sir. And your friend @k3n!f I never did like those GX cranks, they just look cheap, same goes for the chain ringBut I wasn't expecting I'd be forking out a nut for a sexy new set. That said it is a Pimp spec build so it's pretty much a foregone conclusion. Just bought some nice matchy matchy Ti bolts for it today.

shiny

Not as sexy as the 5 Dev but Unite Co now do a raw finish on their cranks. I am running a set and happy with them. Runs the 3 bolt pattern so would need to go a Wolftooth T type 3 bolt ring.

They offer regular codes on their socials as well.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will these e13 cranks work with Transmission? Colour works. I’ve got a black set. Nice cranks.
View attachment 408375
Yeah I saw those. Colour looks a perfect match for the brakes which is. a big plus. The big minus is the shortest they come in is 165mm. I want something shorter. But they do look very fucking good.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not as sexy as the 5 Dev but Unite Co now do a raw finish on their cranks. I am running a set and happy with them. Runs the 3 bolt pattern so would need to go a Wolftooth T type 3 bolt ring.

They offer regular codes on their socials as well.

Yeah not suer on these. I can't put my finger on it but they just don't float my boat.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Interested to what you think of 150s. I am trying a set of 160s at the moment. I’ve been all in on 165s for a while now.
I definitely don’t get the pedal strikes anymore but surprisingly can’t notice the difference in the pedal department
Same here with 165’s. but I think my style of riding and my wombat legs will really appreciate the 150’s.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What size is your Deity stem? How do you find it on the blacks at Stromlo?
35mm. I’m a wombat, short and stumpy so I’ve always run the shortest possible stem so to be honest I’ve not really thought about it. I suppose that’s the goal really. If you don’t notice it then it’s working.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So they've arrived. Unfortunately I had to have foot surgery yesterday and could be off the bike for up to 6 months. Boo. It should be much shorter but I'm trying to keep expectations low otherwise I'll lose it if it's that long.

Plus free 32T chain ring which was sweet.